CLAT 2024 application form last date is November 10, 2023. The candidates have to submit the form along with the requisite fee at the official website only. The Common Law Admission Test is a national level exam organised by the 22 (NLUs) National Law Universities in rotation which is changed every year. On qualifying for this exam the candidates get admission to various Graduate and Postgraduate courses of Law in NLUs. The applicants can get the complete information regarding the CLAT Registration 2024 from the below article.
CLAT 2024 Application Form
- Last Date for Registration: The registration process for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2024 will conclude on November 10.
- Exam Date: CLAT UG and PG 2024 are scheduled to be held on December 3.
- Official Website: Interested candidates can apply for CLAT 2024 on the official website of the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) at consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
- National-Level Entrance Exam: CLAT is a national-level entrance examination conducted for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs offered by 22 National Law Universities in India.
CLAT 2024 Application Dates
The candidates can go through the below table to know about the important CLAT Application dates 2024
CLAT Registration Dates 2024
Application form releases
Last date to apply
November 18, 2023
December 3, 2023
CLAT 2024 Application Form
The application form for the CLAT 2024 has been available online on the official website. Before filling the application form, applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria of the entrance exam. The candidates must know the following important instructions while filling the form:
- Candidates who are interested must have to visit the CLAT official website.
- No alteration/editing in the online application form can be done after the successful submission/final submission of the form. Hence fill the form correctly.
- Upload the scanned copy of photographs, signature and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable).
- Candidates must check the application status continuously whether their online application form is received, under scrutiny, accepted, defective, status after rectification, Rejected with valid reason.
- Application fees will be paid through any of the electronic payment modes only.
- Candidates must not use anybody else's email Id.
- Only one candidate can be registered with one email address.
- Candidates must give their own mobile number because all the information will also be sent via SMS.
- Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation.
- Candidates must use their enrollment id along with the password for CLAT related pieces of information.
- Candidates must keep their enrollment id along with password safe and confidential.
- A hard copy of the filled form must not be sent to the office of the Consortium.
Details to be filled in CLAT Application form 2024
The candidates will need to fill in the following information in the Application form:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the online application form must exactly be the same as per the qualifying degree certificate.
- Address for communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- Choice of CLAT Entrance Test cities.
Documents to be Uploaded with CLAT 2024 Application Form
The following are the important documents that applicants will need to upload while filling the Application form:
- A High-quality image of the candidate’s colour photograph and signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Category certificate
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- BPL Certificate (for candidates Below Poverty Line)
- Relevant certificate for their respective State of Domicile.
Note- All the required certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
How to Apply for CLAT 2024?
Application forms for Common Law Admission Test 2024 would be filled in online mode only. Registration forms sent through any other mode would be straight away rejected. Candidates need to check the below steps for filling the online application form:
1 - Registration
- Visit the official website " clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in ".
- Fill in details - personal mobile number and e-mail Id for registration.
- An OTP will be sent via SMS for verification purposes. Give that OTP
2 - Login
- After registration login with the registered Mobile Number and Password.
- After login, the form page will be redirected.
3 - Fill in the details
Candidates have to fill correct and valid details in the application form. Check the list of the details to be filled in CLAT 2024 application form:
- Name of the candidate
- Active mobile number
- Active email id
- Password of choice
- Applicants name
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- PWD status
- State of domicile
- State of residence
- State of nationality
- Select course Undergraduate/ Postgraduate
- Qualified exam of QE
- Board/University of QE
- Exam status of QE
- The month of the passing of QE
- Year of passing of QE
- Percentage of QE
- Test Center
- Admission University
4 - Upload the Documents
Candidates can check below the specification of the document that is to be used for scanning the documents. Documents if not uploaded as per these specifications, are not accepted.
CLAT Application Form Image specification
20 KB – 50 KB
10 KB – 20 KB
5 - Fee Payment
The candidates can get the detailed information about the CLAT 2024 application fees from below:
- The General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates will have to submit Rs 4000/- as an Application fee.
- The SC/ST/BPL category candidates will need to deposit Rs 3500/- for an application form.
Mode of Payment
The candidates can pay the application fee via online mode - Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- The candidates will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online (if applicable).
- The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after the selection of the mode of payment.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
6 - Print Out
Applicants must take the printout of the filled form for all future references.
How to recover CLAT 2024 Login Password?
In case, a candidate forget the login password of CLAT, they can recover it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1 - Visit the official website of CLAT Consortium
- Step 2 - Click on ‘Login’ on the login page & then on ‘Forgot Password’
- Step 3 - Enter the registered mobile number and click on ‘Request OTP’
- Step 4 - Enter the One Time Password (OTP) which will be sent via SMS to the registered contact number.
- Step 5 - Create a new password and proceed to login.
CLAT 2024 Application Form Withdrawal
Last year the Consortium of NLUs started allowing candidates to withdraw forms. Anyone who fills the form and then decides not to appear in the exam can withdraw their forms. To do it, one has to login and go through the withdrawal process.
Fee deduction for form withdrawal - The amount deducted upon withdrawing the form was as follows last year.
CLAT 2024 Application Form Withdrawal
SC / ST
CLAT 2024 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully filled the application form can download admit card for CLAT exam. It is issued online on the official website, consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Candidates can download it by entering the application number/ mobile number and password. Exam venue, timings, date, name. photograph and signature are mentioned on admit card. Candidates have to carry the hard copy of admit card for entry in the examination hall. Without admit card, candidates can not appear for the exam.