GD Goenka DAT 2021 or Design Aptitude Test is a University Level exam conducted by GD Goenka University which invites the eligible candidates for various UG and PG design courses. After clearing DAT, shortlisted candidates have to appear for the interview round. Apart from that, GD Goenka also accepts CEED as well as NID Entrance Exam scores for admission. The GD Goenka DAT 2021 will be held on the scheduled date in (offline)pen-paper mode. Read the complete article to know more about GD Goenka DAT 2021 examination.
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check GD Goenka DAT status from below:
No official notification has been released by the conducting authority.
- GD Goenka DAT 2021 Application form has been released.
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Important Dates
Following are the important dates of GD Goenka DAT 2021.
|Application start date||Ongoing|
|Application last date||May 2021|
|Exam date||June 2021|
|Personal interview date||June 2021|
|Result date||June 2021|
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Application Form
- Eligible candidates can download the application form online from the official website.
- After downloading the application form, candidates have to fill the form with the relevant details.
- Send the duly filled application form along with all necessary documents such as mark sheet of class 10th& 12th, scorecard of pre-qualifying test, graduation/post-graduation/diploma mark sheet if applicable with a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs 1000/- at below address
GD Goenka School of Fashion & Design
GD Goenka Education City
Sohna-Gurgaon Road, Sohna -122103
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1000/- either through online mode or offline mode.
- Online- The Application fee can be paid via online mode by the usage of Credit card/Debit card or Internet Banking.
- Offline- Fee can also be paid via Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘GD Goenka University’ payable at New Delhi.
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates those who want admission in UG, as well as PG design programmes offered at GD Goenka School of Fashion & Design, need to fulfil all the GD Goenka DAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria as mentioned by the relevant colleges :
Eligibility Criteria for UG Programmes
- The upper age limit for appearing in GD Goenka DAT exam is restricted to 23 years.
- Candidates are eligible to apply for GD Goenka Design Aptitude Test if they have passed and cleared their 10+2 from CBSE or any other equivalent qualifying examination (in any stream).
Eligibility Criteria for PG Programmes
- There are no upper age limit criteria in case of Post Graduate courses.
- Candidates are eligible for admission in PG courses offered at GD Goenka SOFD if they are done with their graduation or are about to appear in their qualifying examination which is of a minimum of 3 years full-time duration in streams such as engineering, architecture, design, art or a professional diploma in Design (from NID, CEPT or any equivalent college).
- They can also seek admissions in PG design programmes offered at GD Goenka based on their CEED scores. Such candidates will not have to give GD Goenka DAT but will have to straight away appear for the interview round.
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Exam Pattern
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Exam Pattern will comprise four sections as under:
GD Goenka DAT Paper Pattern
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted in the Offline (PBT) mode.
- Duration: Total time allotted for the exam will be 180 minutes (three hours).
- Total Marks: Question paper will be of Total 100 marks.
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Syllabus
The GD Goenka DAT 2021 Syllabus is given below. The candidates should have ample knowledge of:
- Lateral thinking, conceptual thinking, analytical thinking, critical thinking, the ability to hold multiple and potentially contradictory possibilities of mind simultaneously, social, historical, cultural, political awareness, enhanced perception, observation skills and the ability to generate new ideas.
- Visual communication skills, visual appreciation skills, understanding and manipulation of materials and processes particular to the discipline of choice
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Admit Card
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Admit Card/Hall Ticket will be available in February 2021. Applicants who have successfully done the registration will be allowed to download their Hall Ticket from official website before a week from the entrance examination date.
- Admit card will include all the important details related DAT Exam such as timing and date for the entrance test, examination venue etc.
- Candidates must bring their exam ticket with them while coming for the exam. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the exam without a valid DAT exam ticket on the day of examination.
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Result
After a few days of the DAT exam, GD Goenka University will release GD Goenka DAT 2021 Results. The complete knowledge associated with result and time table will probably be given via mail to the candidates. The School of Fashion & Design (SOFD), GD Goenka University, has announced the results of the GD Goenka DAT. Candidates are told that the final result will be sent to aspirants on their respective email IDs for admission to design courses offered at SOFD.
- They are required to check their mail to understand the result details and additional admission process.
- In case applicants don’t obtain any mail, contact the University authority earlier than the e-newsletter of merit list.
- After receiving the official email containing their DAT result, candidates will also receive an official letter stating that they have secured admission during the course of their selection.
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Counselling
Candidates are called for GD Goenka DAT 2021 Counselling after few days of the result declaration. Desirous candidates who are shortlisted will be assigned the seats as per their rank and designated course.
- Personal Interview rounds are additionally organized for shortlisting the eligible candidates.
- Candidates got to qualify GATA 2021 (Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission) or DAT examination and PI rounds to get the admission in numerous and various courses.
- Candidates should bring all the desired documents together with the attested photocopies for the document verification method.
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Admission Procedure
After qualifying all the written test and counselling/interview rounds, the University will start taking admission.
- Candidates will probably be shortlisted in response to the scores received within the DAT exam, PI rounds and different academic qualifications.
- Final admission will be done after the verification of documents and certain admission procedures.
- Those who have taken the CAT, MAT and the GMAT exams and have achieved the following cutoffs are exempt from the written test, but may be required to take the interview at the discretion of the admissions office:
- CAT 70 percentile
- MAT 600
- GMAT 500
GD Goenka DAT 2021 Highlights
Check the below-given data to know the overview of GD Goenka Design Aptitude Test 2021:
GD Goenka University
Name of the Exam
GD Goenka Design Aptitude Test (GD Goenka DAT)
Mode of Selection
Written Test and Counselling
GD Goenka DAT Official Website
About GD Goenka University
GD Goenka University is a Private University established in consonance with section 2(f) of UGC Act through a legislation of the Haryana Government. The Deemed Universities are established by Ministry of HRD under Section 3 of the UGC Act. GD Goenka University
is approved under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act. Being a University, it does not require the approval of AICTE. The University is located on a beautiful 60-acre campus on the Delhi-Alwar Highway (South of Delhi) on Sohna Road, Gurgaon amidst Aravalli hills. The high-tech Millennium City, Gurgaon and the National Capital Region are in its proximity.