IBAB OET 2021 will be organized by the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology, Bengaluru. IBAB OET stands for Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology Online Entrance Test. The test is organized once or twice a year depending on the available vacancy (for PhD Programmes) and only once for the rest of the postgraduate courses. The University Level Entrance Exam is conducted usually in the last week of October (Postgraduate Diploma in Big Data Biology), Third week of June (Postgraduate Diploma in Bioscience Policy Research) every year.
IBAB OET 2021 Important Dates
IBAB OET Important dates 2021 are listed below for all the courses and applicants must follow the same to stay updated about the entrance exam. Please refer to the below IBAB OET exam calendar for the same:
For Postgraduate Diploma in Big Data Biology:
Online Registration Starts
|September 2021 |
Last Date of Form Submission
Last Date of Payment
|Mock test Date||November 2021|
|Exam Date||November 2021|
IBAB OET 2021 Application Form
The vital information regarding IBAB OET Application form 2021 is given below:
- Application Form will be available online on the official website.
- Form of IBAB will be released by the Third week of September 2021 tentatively.
- For Bioscience Policy Research and Big Data Biology, the last date of filing the registration form is till Last week of November 2021.
- The form will be last submitted by the Second week of November 2021.
Applicants are requested to follow the below-mentioned guidelines to fill up the application form correctly:
- All the applicants are requested to fill the application form only once.
- Complete and accurate information must be filled.
- Scanned copies of recent Photograph, 10th, 12th and Bachelor’s Transcript and/or Degree Certificate.
- Application forms would only be submitted after the successful payment of the application fee.
IBAB OET 2021 Application Fee
IBAB OET 2021 Application Fee details are mentioned below;
IBAB OET 2021 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: The Application Fee can be paid via Demand Draft/NEFT/Cheque (Demand Draft/Cheque should be in favour of Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology)
IBAB OET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
IBAB OET Eligibility Criteria 2021 is listed course wise below and must be strictly followed by all the candidates:
Bioscience Policy Research
- The programme invites all the Graduates belonging to any field of Science/Technology/Medicine.
- Graduates with work experience will be given preference over others.
- Candidates with higher degrees such as PhDs, or those with postdoctoral experience can also apply.
- There is NO age limit for applying.
Big Data Biology
- Indian Nationals holding B.E./BTech degree in Biotechnology/Biomedical Technology/Bioinformatics/Computer Science and Engineering/Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical and Electronics Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent degree.
- MSc degree holders in Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Biochemistry/Computer Science/Information Technology are also eligible.
- Statistics or equivalent degree holders with at least 60% in the qualifying examination are also eligible.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in their MSc or equivalent degree in Science/Engineering/Medicine. Candidates with MBBS or BDS or any other undergraduate degree which is of at least 5 years’ duration are also eligible to apply.
- Provisional admission is possible for candidates awaiting their final result (final year appearing candidates).
IBAB OET 2021 Admit Card
IBAB OET Admit Card 2021 will be available on the official website of IBAB and must be downloaded & printed by all the candidates before appearing for the examination. Below mentioned guidelines must be followed by all the candidates;
- Check all the details in the admit card and if any discrepancy is found, report to the official authorities to get it rectified.
- It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam centre.
- Visit the exam centre mentioned in the hall ticket if unaware of the location.
- Carry a Government approved Photo ID for cross verification in the original.
IBAB OET 2021 Exam Pattern
IBAB OET Exam Pattern 2021 is given below in the table:
IBAB OET 2021 Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
100 minutes (1 hour 40 minutes)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+1 for Correct and NO Negative Marking
Division of subjects based on marks
Number of Questions
English Language Comprehension
IBAB OET 2021 Syllabus
IBAB OET Syllabus 2021 for Biology, English Language Comprehension, Mathematics, Basic Physics and Chemistry would be the same for all the course applicants and will be of level 12th standard. Apart from this, core subject syllabus is mentioned below;
- Core Subjects: Computer programming (Linux, C, Perl, C++, Java, SQL, HTML), Mathematics for biology, Biopolymer chemistry and function, Data access and analysis for biological research.
- Bioinformatics: Biostatistics and R, Data analysis in genomics and transcriptomics, Omics of DNA, RNA, and proteins, Structural bioinformatics.
- Biotechnology: Basic biology, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Developmental and reproductive biology, Genetic engineering and biotechnology, Cell and immunobiology, Biochemistry and physiology, Fermentation and downstream processing.
IBAB OET 2021 Result
The vital information regarding IBAB OET Result 2021 is given below:
- Result will be declared on the official website and shortlisted candidates will be further called for Interview.
- The interview will be organized either telephonically or via Skype for preliminary screening, if needed, candidates will be asked to appear in person at IBAB.
- The IBAB interview questions will be based on basic scientific knowledge, research aptitude and communication skills.
IBAB OET 2021 Counselling
IBAB OET Counselling 2021 will be organized by IBAB and all the candidates who have been shortlisted by the institute will be invited to attend the counselling and for further proceedings. Applicants called for Counselling but failed to appear for the same will be disqualified from taking IBAB admission 2021 in the institute. Candidates must visit the official website of IBAB to know more about the counselling and documents to be carried.
Below listed are the Postgraduate courses offered by the Institute:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Big Data Biology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Bioscience Policy Research
- Master of Science Programme in Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- PhD Programme
IBAB OET 2021 Highlights
The vital information regarding IBAB OET exam:
IBAB OET 2021
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology, Bengaluru
Postgraduate Diploma in Big Data Biology
Postgraduate Diploma in Bioscience Policy Research
Master of Science Programme in Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
To offer admission in various Postgraduate Courses Offered by the Institute
Stay connected to [IBAB OET] connected by Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology, Bengaluru.