KCET 2021 application process has started from 15 June 2021. KCET 2021 exam for Biology and Mathematics papers is on 28 August 2021, and Physics, Chemistry papers will be on 29 August 2021, whereas, Kannada language test will be held on 30 August 2021. The exam is conducted with the purpose to select candidates for state level undergraduate programs admission in the first year of engineering, Technology, Yoga, and Naturopathy. KEA conducts KCET once in a year at the state level. The exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. the pen and paper-based test. Candidates can read this complete article to get more information about the KCET 2021.
KCET 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check KCET status from below:
KCET 2021 Application Form has been extended till 16 July 2021.
KCET 2021 exam date has changed. Now, the KCET exam will be held on 28, 29, and 30 August 2021.
- Karnataka CET 2021 last date to fill online application form has been extended up to 16 July 2021.
- KCET 2021 exam date has changed. Now, the KCET exam will be held on 28, 29, and 30 August 2021
KCET 2021 Important Dates
The important dates of KCET 2021 are mentioned below in the given table:
|Release of application form||15 June 2021|
|Last date to apply||10 July 2021 16 July 2021|
|Last date to pay application fee||13 July 2021 19 July 2021|
|Editing of application details||19 to 22 July 2021|
|Admit card availability||13 August 2021|
|Date of KCET 2021 exam||28 & 29 August 2021|
|Declaration of result||1st week of September 2021|
|Starting of counselling process||2nd week of September 2021|
KCET 2021 Instructions for COVID Positive Candidates
This has been a specially difficult year for those, who got affected physically and mentally due to coronavirus outbreak. Keeping this in mind, KEA has allowed COVID positive candidates to appear for the exam. However, there are certain measures to be taken by them which are mentioned below:
- COVID positive candidates must register with KEA, via the KCET login portal to inform DDPUs and they're about their condition.
- Candidates must inform about their COVID-19 status to the examination authority in advance to get the special arrangements.
- At the exam centre, candidates have to carry a medical certificate from the treating doctor. The certificate must confirm that the aspirant is fit to take the exam.
- Candidates have to provide ‘risk consent’ for giving the exam.
- KEA will transport candidates to exclusively designated exam centre in an ambulance.
- COVID positive candidates have to wear N-95 face marks & hand gloves during the exam.
- They are also required to use hand sanitizer whenever needed.
Candidates are suggested to carefully fill all the relevant details in the KCET 2021 Application Form
in order to avoid rejection of it. Details about KCET registration 2021 is given below:
- Candidates can apply online for KCET 2021.
- The candidates have to fill their personal and educational details in the application form carefully.
- Karnataka Common Entrance Test application form will be available from 1st week of February 2021.
- The last date to fill the KCET 2020 application will announce on the official website.
- After completing all the entry of the details, candidates will get a user Id and password to their registered mobile number and the email Id on which they will be notified afterwards for the counselling.
- Candidates also have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format in the specified kb mentioned on the website.
- Only after the payment of the fee, the application form will be completed.
- Take the printout of the application form at the end and keep 2 copies for future reference.
KCET 2021 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates can submit the application fee through online & offline modes.
- Candidates must note that the application fee will not be refunded by the authority under any circumstances.
The category-wise application fee is given in a table below:
KCET Examination Fee (Expected)
|GM, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B candidates of Karnataka origin||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST Category-1 & female of Karnataka candidates||Rs. 250/-|
|Candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
|Candidates residing outside India||Rs. 5,000/-|
- Those candidates residing outside India have to submit the fee through Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of "Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority" payable at Bangalore.
- The DD has to be sent to Karnataka Examination Authority's address by mentioning the application number.
KCET 2021 Application Form Correction
The correction window for KCET 2021 application form
will open at KCET official website. Only the successfully registered candidates can access the KCET 2021 edit window to make changes in the details filled by them in the application form. Before changing the details, the candidates must verify the details, especially the category reservation.
Given below are the steps for KCET 2021 application form corrections:
- Step 1 – Visit the KCET correction window.
- Step 2 – Enter the user id and password obtained at the time of registration.
- Step 3 – Now candidates have to go to “Payment Status” and click on the tab displaying “Click here to Edit Details".
- Step 4 – KCET 2021 application form will appear on the screen for the correction and now edit the relevant details in it.
- Step 5 – At last candidates have to click on “Declare Button” and save the changes.
KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are advised to go through the KCET 2021 eligibility criteria
before applying for the entrance test. If a candidate found ineligible for the exam, he/she will not be allowed to appear for the exam. The followings are the parameters that the candidates should match for appearing in the Karnataka Common Entrance Exam 2021:
For Pharmacy/Science Courses:
- Candidate must have completed 2nd PUC/12th or equivalent qualification.
- 12th must-have passed with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English as the main language subject.
- At least 50% of marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology group are must scored.
- 40% for those who belong to SC and ST category are must scored.
For Engineering and Architecture Courses:
- Candidates must have completed 2nd PUC/12th or equivalent examination from some recognized board.
- 12th must-have passed with subjects such as Physics and Mathematics as the main subject and English as the language subject.
- At least 45% of marks in Mathematics and Physics along with one subject such as Biology/Electronics/ Biotechnology/Chemistry/Computer science are must be scored.
- The percentage for SC and ST category candidates will be 40% as per the website.
- For an architecture course, make sure for having valid NATA scorecard.
Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy, and Yoga:
- Passed 2nd PUC/12th standard with English.
- Must have secured 50% marks in PCM (40% for Category-I, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates).
For B.V.Sc. & A.H.:
- Passed 2nd PUC/12th standard in PCB and English subjects.
- Must have secured 50% aggregate marks in 4 subjects (40% for Category-I, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates).
- Passed 2nd PUC/12th Standard with 45% aggregate marks in PCM or PCB or D.Pharma (40% for reserved categories).
BSc (Forestry & Agri.) & B.HSc:
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard with PCB/PCM.
KCET 2021 Exam Pattern
It is very important to check the KCET 2021 exam pattern as it will provide a brief description of the structure of the question paper to the candidates so that they can prepare accordingly. The paper format of KCET 2021 Examination is given below:
- Examination Mode: Offline (Pen and Paper based mode).
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (Objective Type)
- The number of questions: 60 questions will be asked from each section.
- Duration: 260 minutes (70 minutes allotted for each section, except Kannada language).
- Calculation: 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer, there is no provision of negative marking.
KCET Paper Pattern
No. of Questions
Kannada (if applicable)
Candidates must go through the exam pattern mentioned above to have a clear picture of the distribution of questions as per the subjects and also the time allotted for each subject.
KCET Syllabus 2021
The KCET 2021 syllabus
will be set by the Karnataka Examination Authority only. The question paper of the Common Entrance Test will be based on the first and second PUC syllabus prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. Candidates must study their subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, or any other relevant subject for the applied course to get desirous results.
KCET 2021 Important books
|Textbooks of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics||NCERT|
|Karnataka CET Explorer for Engineering PB||MTG|
|Karnataka CET – Explorer Medical ||MTG|
|Principles of Physics||S.Chand (V.K. Mehta and Rohit Mehta)|
|KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test): 14 Years Solved Papers (2000 – 2013) III Edition||Arihant|
|Modern ABC chemistry||S.P. Jauhar|
|New course Physics||Pradeep (K.L. Gomber and Gogia)|
|New course Chemistry||Pradeep|
KCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the given below preparation tips for appearing in KCET 2021:
- Must go through the syllabus and the exam pattern of the examination thoroughly.
- Always study from the official website.
- It is also necessary to be aware of the marking scheme. It may increase or decrease your marks.
- Always revise after you complete your daily study.
- Make short notes of each subject to revise before the days of the examination.
- Make a proper and feasible time table to study and follow it regularly.
KCET 2021 Admit Card
KEA will release KCET 2021 admit card in the online mode for all the registered candidates. To download the hall ticket candidates have to use their application number and date of birth. On the admit card candidates can check:
- Reporting time at the centre
- Allotted exam centre
- And other details
The applicants must carry the admit card to the exam hall to be eligible to appear in the exam. It is important to preserve the admit card until the final admission is done because it needed during counselling and seat allotment.
The candidate can check all the details about the KCET 2021 result
in the given list below:
- The KCET result 2021 will be announced tenetatively in 4th week of May 2021 at the official website of the conducted authority.
- The candidates will have to log in using their User ID/ Registration Number and password to download and check their KCET result.
- The conducted authority will release the merit list which will contain the names of all the candidates who have qualified the written test and their roll numbers along with their ranks.
- The shortlisted candidates will be required to download the merit list and take a print out of the same and take with them on the KCET counselling day.
- Also, students must carry the KCET 2021 admit card with them on the counselling day along with the merit list print out.
KCET 2021 Counselling
The process of KCET 2021 Counselling
will be announced in the starting month of June 2021. Candidates can attend the counselling based on the merit list in the entrance test appeared. Check details below:
- Those who would be shortlisted given a call for the counselling process.
- During counselling, document verification is completed in the counselling centre.
- Candidates are required to report it personally for this process.
- Seat availability and the allotment is done on the basis of the scores attained in the entrance test.
Documents required for KCET 2021 Counselling
Candidates must carry the following documents along with them at the time of the counselling process:
- 10thand 12th Marksheet and passing certificate.
- Caste certificate if you are SC/OBC/ST.
- The print out of the filled application form
- KCET 2020 scorecard
- Two passport size photograph (Latest)
Courses Offered through Karnataka Common Entrance Test
Through CET, these courses which will be offered are mentioned below:
- Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science & Technology)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- Sc (Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry), B.Sc Agri Bio-Technology
- Sc. (home science)
- F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op)
- AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy)
KCET 2021 Highlights
The overview of the Karnataka Common Entrance Exam 2021 is given below:
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2021
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
State Level Entrance Examination
KCET Official Website
|To get eligible for admission for state level undergraduate programs in Karanataka.|
About Karnataka Examination Authority
The common Entrance Test Cell was established by the Government of Karnataka in the year 1994. The aim of the CET cell was to conduct the entrance test based and provide admission in Medical, Dental, Homeopathy, Engineering or Architecture courses, B.Sc in Farm Science, Home science, B-Pharma, Pharma D, etc. In the year 2006, the common entrance cell has been converted into an autonomous body under the Societies registration Act 1960 known as Karnataka Examination Authority.
Some of the exams conducted by KEA are:
|Exam Name||Full name||Purpose|
|KCET||Karnataka Common Entrance Test||To provide admission into the engineering (B.Tech) & professional courses in the state of Karnataka.|
| UGCET||Undergraduate Common Entrance Test||to provide admission in Undergraduate courses in Architecture, Engineering/Technology, Farm Science, Bachelor of Veterinary, and more.|
|PGCET||Postgraduate Common Entrance Test||to offer admission to MBA/ MCA/ M.Arch/ M.Tech/ M.E programs|