KCET 2023 Exam Pattern will be released by Karnataka Examination Authority on their official website. KCET will be organized offline (pen & paper mode) for providing admissions in engineering courses like B.E or B.Tech. Also, candidates should go through the KCET Exam Pattern carefully in order to understand so that they become familiar with it. The questions will cover topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics papers of class XII level. Scroll down to know more relevant details about Karnataka Common Entrance Test Paper Pattern 2023.
KCET 2023 Exam Pattern: Marking Scheme, Subjects, Total Marks, Duration
KCET Exam Pattern
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Exam Dates||May 20-22, 2023|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for each correct answer; no negative marking|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (as per course)|
|Total Marks||180 marks (60 marks for each subject)|
|Exam Duration||80 minutes per subject (total 4 hours)|
KCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The paper pattern for KCET 2023 will be released online along with the official website.
- All the questions will be in multiple-choice question format.
- The time duration for completing each paper is 80 minutes, out of which 10 minutes are for filling in the details and reading the question paper. The total duration would be 210 minutes (for 3 papers).
- There would be a total of 180 multiple choice questions
- Eight subjects (mathematics, physics, chemistry ) will have 60 questions
- Each question will carry one mark each.
- There is no negative marking in KCET 2023. i.e, no marks would be deducted from the total.
Paper Pattern of KCET 2023 Exam
|Subjects||No. Of Questions|
Exam Pattern of Karnataka Common Entrance Test
- The KCET 2023 Exam Pattern will have a huge hand in helping students to understand the paper format, types of questions as well as the scoring pattern for the common entrance tests to secure maximum marks.
- Also, KCET 2023 will take place in Pen and paper mode across the cities of Karnataka.
- Then, there will be 60 MCQs in each subject and all the questions will carry one mark each.
- Moreover, the question paper will be set from the syllabus of First and Second year PUC recommended by the Department of Pre-University Education, Karnataka.
- Finally, candidates who have not studied their first and second year of junior college in Karnataka can refer to their state or NCERT 11 and 12 textbooks.
- There is no negative marking in this exam. No marks will be deducted for wrong answers. Also, one mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- The language test is going to occur in Bangalore only.
- 12th is the qualifying mark for all the candidates who are appearing for this exam out of 50.
KCET 2023 Syllabus
The candidates appearing for the KCET 2023 entrance examination can check here all the important points and the complete KCET 2023 syllabus in the list below:
- KCET 2023 syllabus will be based on the I and II PUC syllabus released by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
- The candidates are advised to check the complete exam patterns and syllabus to prepare for the KCET examination.
- KCET question paper will be divided into 3 sections (depend upon the selected courses)
The Syllabus consists of mainly the Subjects & their topics from which questions will be put up. On clicking the below link candidates can get KCET Syllabus