KCET 2020 Result will be announced on 21 August 2020 on the official website of the Karnataka Examination Auhtority(KAE). The result will be released to only those candidates who will successfully give the entrance exam. KCET 2020 is a State Level Entrance Exam which is organised to offer the admission of Engineering, Technology, Yoga & Naturopathy, B.Pharma, 2nd-year B.Pharma, D. Pharma, Agriculture courses and Veterinary courses in the government / private colleges/ universities/ institutes in the state of Karnataka. All the candidates are advised to read the complete article to know about the KCET result 2020.
KCET 2020 Result Important Dates
The candidates can check here all the important KCET result 2020 dates in the given table below:
KCET 2020 Result Dates
|KCET 2020 exam date|
30, 31 July 2020 & 01 August 2020
|Result Date||21 August 2020|
KCET 2020 Result
All the candidate are advised to check here all the instruction for the KCET 2020 scorecard which is given in the list below.
- KCET 2020 result will be released the merit list of the shortlisted candidates.
- The result and merit list will be released through the online mode only at the official website.
- To download the KCET result 2020 applicants have to login with the application number or roll number and date of birth as a password.
- The KCET 2020 rank list will be announced on the basis of total marks obtained in the KCET 2020 entrance exam.
- The selected candidates will be notified about the KCET counselling 2020 session.
- The applicants who got the highest ranking in the KCET 2020 will be preferred first for the KCET 2020 seat allotment in comparison with other candidates.
- All the candidates have advised to takeout the print of the KCET 2020 result for future use.
How to Download the KCET 2020 Result?
Candidate can follow the below-given steps to download the KCET 2020 Result.
Step 1: Log in
Step 2: Display KCET 2020 Result
After submitting the KCET 2020 registration number result will be displayed on the screen.
Step 3: Print out
Candidate must save and take print of the same for further process.
Details on KCET 2020 Result
Following details will be present on the KCET 2020 scorecard.
- Name of candidates
- CET Number
- QE marks in all subjects
- CET marks in all subjects
- Engineering Rank
- Rank Obtained
- NATA rank for Architecture (if applied)
- Veterinary Science rank
- B.Sc Agriculture rank
KCET 2020 Merit List
KEA will publish the KCET 2020 Merit List on the official website after the declaration of the result. Qualified candidates in the merit list will be then considered for the allotment of seats in the order of their merit/rank and options submitted by them at the time of choice filling.
Preparation of KCET 2020 Merit List
Given below the Course-wise Merit List preparation criteria:
For Engineering / Technology (B.E. / B.Tech) –
Based on marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in KCET 2020 + Qualifying Exam
For B.V.Sc & A.H.
Rank is allotted based on the marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology Marks in KCET 2020
For B.Sc (all program) and B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science) –
Based on the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects marks in equal proportion in both Common Entrance Test and the Qualifying Examination
For B-Pharm / Pharm-D / B-Pharm (L.E)
Based on the overall better performance in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) in the KCET 2020 entrance exam.
Tie-breaking Criteria for KCET 2020
In case two candidates will get the same marks or rank then the authority will follow the tie-breaking criteria to solve this. Given below the KCET 2020
Tie-Breaking Criteria for different courses.
For Engineering / Technology courses
- In the case of Engineering / Technology courses, their merit will be determined based on the marks obtained in Maths.
- If the marks obtained in Maths subject are also equal then their tie will be resolved using marks obtained in Physics.
- If there is still a tie, then marks obtained in the respective subjects in the QE will be considered.
- Lastly, to resolve the tie, interest merit will be determined by considering the age of the candidate. Those who are older in age are placed higher in the merit.
- The merit list will be determined with the reference to the marks obtained in NATA,
- If the marks obtained in NATA is equal then the marks obtained in Maths subject in QE w considered for resolving the tie.
- If the tie still continues, the age of the candidate will be taken into consideration for determining the merit.
KCET 2020 Counselling
The process of KCET 2020 Counselling
will be announced in the starting month of June 2020. Candidates can attend the counselling based on the merit list in the entrance test appeared. Check details below:
Shortlisted candidate will be given a call for the counselling process.
- During counselling, documents verification will be completed in the counselling centre.
- Candidates are required to report it personally for this process.
- Seat availability and the allotment will be done on the basis of the scores attained in the entrance test.