MP SET 2020 also known as Madhya Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020. This exam is conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC). MP SET is a State Level exam. MP SET offers the post of Assistant Professor at various colleges/ universities/ institutions in Madhya Pradesh. MP State Eligibility Test 2020 will be held in online mode(CBT). To apply for the online application form of Madhya Pradesh SET, the application form will be available from the second week of October 2020. Interested candidates can go through the following article for more details.
MP SET 2020 Dates
|Start of online applications||The second week of October 2020|
|Last date for submitting online application form||The second week of November 2020|
|Last date for submitting offline application form||The fourth week of November 2020|
|Application form correction window open||The second week of October 2020|
|Application form correction window Closes||The second week of November 2020|
|Admit card Available||The first week of Jan 2021|
|Exam Starts||The third week of January 2021|
|Exam Ends||The fourth week of January 2021|
|Official answer key release||The second week of February 2021|
|Result Declaration||The first week of April 2021|
|e-Certificate Available||The fourth week of May 2021|
MP SET 2020 Application Form
The detailed vital information regarding the MP SET 2020 is given below:
- The Application form of MP SET is made available from the second week of October 2020 tentatively.
- The last date of filling the Registration Form will be the second week of November 2020 tentatively.
- Madhya Pradesh State Eligibility Test Form will be released on the official website of the conducting body.
- The form will be filled through online mode only. No other mode of application form will be acceptable in any circumstance.
- While filling the application form, the candidate should provide valid details.
- In the application, the form candidate has to provide a working mobile number and email address.
- The incomplete registration form will be rejected by the conducting body.
MP SET 2020 Application Fee
The category wise Application fee of Madhya Pradesh SET 2020 is given below:
MP SET Examination fee 2020
|Category||Application Form Fees|
|General Category||Rs. 1200|
|Reserved Category||Rs. 600|
Mode of Payment: Candidate can pay their application fee through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
MP SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed information regarding the MP SET Eligibility Criteria 2020 is given below:
- Candidates must have done their Master’s degree
- The master's degree should be from a recognized council/ university.
- All candidates who are in last year of post-graduation can appear for MP SET 2020.
- Candidates who completed their Ph. D before 19 September 1991 are also eligible to apply for MP SET 2020.
- General category candidates must have an aggregate of 55 per cent marks in post-graduation.
- Reserved category candidates must have an aggregate of 50 per cent marks in post-graduation.
- All the candidates who have completed their Ph. D before 19 September 1991, must have an aggregate of 50 per cent marks in their post-graduation.
MP SET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check out the Exam Pattern for MP SET 2020 below for Paper I and Paper II:
Paper 1 -
- Exam Mode - Online mode
- Questions Type - MCQs type questions
- Number of Questions - 50 Questions
- Duration of Exam - 60 Minutes(1 Hour)
- Total Marks - 100 Marks
- Marking Scheme - Candidates will get 2 marks for every correct answer and no negative marking.
Paper 2 -
- Mode of Exam - Online(CBT) mode
- Number of Questions - 100 Questions
- Total Marks Allotted - 200 marks
- Duration of Exam - 120 Minutes
- Marking Scheme - For every correct answer candidates will get 2 marks and there will no negative marking.
MP SET 2020 Syllabus
MP SET exam questions are asked from below topics. The candidates can check the MP SET syllabus below in the given lists:
MP SET 2020 Paper 1 Syllabus (General Paper on General Awareness/ Teaching and Research Aptitude)
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
- Teaching Aptitude
- People and the environment
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Information and Communication Technology
- Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
MP SET 2020 Paper 2 Syllabus:
Important topics of Chemical Sciences and Commerce is mentioned below-
- Chemical Sciences
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Interdisciplinary Topics
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Business Environment
- International Business
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Human Resources Management
- Banking and Financial Institution
- Business Economics
- Business Statistics & Data Processing
- Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
The other subjects included in the SET list is as follow:
- Defence & Strategic Studies
- Home Science
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Political Sciences
MP SET 2020 Admit Card
The important vital information regarding MP SET Admit Card 2020 is given below:
- The admit card of MP SET is issued by the official website.
- Candidate make sure that the following information is given in admit card
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
- Security code
- It is important to carry a hall ticket in the examination.
- The candidate will not be allowed in the examination if it does not contain his/her admit card.
MP SET 2020 Test Centers
The SET 2020 exam might be conducted in the following cities. The candidates will have to choose the examination city as per their preference at the time of form filling.
MP SET 2020 Answer Key
MPPSC releases the provisional answer key for MP SET on its official website after the entrance exam gets over. Candidate Response Sheet also releases along with the provisional answer key. Applicants can download their MP SET 2020 Response Sheet by entering their Roll Number and Password. Other details regarding the answer key are mentioned below:
- The candidates can challenge the answer key on payment of some amount per question.
- MPPSC opens the window to challenge the answer key for a short duration.
- Also, aspirants will have to provide the proof in favour of challenge.
MP SET 2020 Result
MP SET 2020 Result will be declared by the authority on its official website after the answer key will be released.
- A cut off list and a merit list is also prepared for the qualified candidates.
- The candidates are selected for the post of Assistant Professor in the colleges of Madhya Pradesh based on their performance in the exam.
MP SET 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection is done based on the following parameters:
- Candidates must attempt both of the exam papers.
- The qualifying marks for MP SET is 40% for General Category and 35% marks for Reserved Category candidates.
- 6% of the total number of candidates will qualify for the exam.
- All the candidates who will qualify MP SET 2020 will be awarded an e – a certificate which they can download from the official website.
MP SET 2020 Highlights
The candidates can get to know the MP SET summary in the below-given table:
|Exam Name||Madhya Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC)|
|Level of Exam||State-level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|MP SET 2020 Official Website||http://www.mppsc.nic.in/|
|Exam Purpose||For the post of Assistant Professor in MP state|
Above details are as per the previous year's information.
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission(MPPSC)
The conducting body is set up by the Government of Madhya Pradesh which holds the mission as stated below-
- To conduct competitive examinations for recruiting officers and employees for various departments of Govt of Madhya Pradesh.
- To work with Integrity and unbiased in actions. There must be Transparency and Fairness in terms of decision making and communication.
- Providing training to invigilators before the exams.
- Facilitate the CM helpline centre to provide support to candidates and give them a platform to raise problems, objections and suggestions.
- MPPSC has also adopted the newest technologies for recruitment purpose like Advertisement, Online Application Registration, Admit Card Generation, Result, counselling, etc
- The aim is to make the recruitment process fully automated from releasing the date of Recruitment to declaring the Result.
The Ambitious mission is been carried by the respected Chairman Prof. Bhaskar Choubey and a dedicated Staff and Committed members.