PGIMER July 2023 i.e Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Examination July Session 2023 will be conducted by the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh for enrolling the candidates in various MD/MS, DM/MCH, and MDS courses. It is conducted twice every year at the National Level, once in January and the other one in July month. The candidates willing to appear in PGIMER admission (PGI Chandigarh) must fill out the application form on time. Also, the candidates must read the complete article to know more about PGIMER July 2023.
For July Session (INI-CET 2023 Course)
PGIMER 2023 Schedule
|MD & MS Course||DM & M.Ch or MHA Course (INI SS)|
|Publication of Official notification||March 2023||March 2023|
|Starting dates for application||March 2023||March 2023|
|Deadline to apply & submit fees||May 2023||May 2023|
|Application Correction||May 2023||May 2023|
|Admit Card||June 2023||June 2023|
|Exam Date (CBT)||July 2023||July 2023|
PGIMER Jan 2023 Application Form
The PGIMER Online Application Form
for July 2023 session will be available from March 2023, now application window has been closed. Candidates can check all the information about PGIMER 2023 online application form
- The PGIMER online application form 2023 for MD/MS is available on the PGIMER official website.
- Application Form must be filled online only. No other mode will be accepted.
- Candidates need to fill all the required details correctly in the application form including name, address, contact number, course name and so on.
- Valid e-mail id and mobile number should be provided by the candidates as all the communication will be done through this email id/mobile number.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of passport size Photograph and Signature as per the required size and in JPG/JPEG format after filling details in PGI Chandigarh form 2023.
- Once the PGI Chandigarh form 2023 is completely filled, candidates must take the printout of the application form to lower the chances of any inconvenience during the admission process.
PGIMER JULY 2023 Application Fee
Check the application fee for various categories for MD/MS/MDS and DM/M.Ch courses given below in a table:
PGIMER July Application Fee
|Category||Fee (For MD/MS/MD (Hospital Administration)/ House Job|
(Oral Health Sciences)
|Fee (For DM/M.Ch)|
|General/ OCI/OBC/ RA/ FN/ Sponsored category||Rs.1500||Rs.1500|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode by debit/ credit card/ net banking method.
Note: Application Fee once deposited will be non-refundable in any circumstances.
PGIMER JULY 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should be aware of the PGIMER 2023 eligibility criteria before applying for the PGI Chandigarh entrance exam 2023. The information about PGIMER July 2023 eligibility is given below:
For MD/MS Courses Eligibility Criteria
- Registration Criteria: The candidates should be registered under State/Central registration council.
- Qualification Requirement: The applicants who want to apply for MS/MD courses need to have completed their MBBS from a University which is MCI recognized.
- Internship: The candidates should have completed rotatory internship training for the 1-year duration and they should have completed the training before 31 DEC 2022 (for the July Session admissions).
For DM/MCH courses Eligibility Criteria
- Registration: The candidates need to register themselves under the Central/ State registration council.
- Qualification: The candidate must have done MD/MS or should have completed any other equivalent course from an MCI recognized university.
- Age Limit: The candidates’ age should not be more than 37 years (for general category candidates), 42 years (SC/ST candidates), and 40 years (for OBC candidates); there are no age limit criteria for deputed/ sponsored candidates.
For PGIMER MD (Hospital Administration) Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should hold a degree of MBBS.
- They should have experience of at least 3 years in hospital in relevant field OR 5 years in general practice.
- And they should be registered with central or state medical registration council.
PGIMER July 2023 Admit Card
Applicants need to carefully go through this section to know all about PGIMER Admit Card 2023 so that they can download their admit card on time. The details about PGIMER JULY Admit Card 2023 are provided below:
- All the candidates will have to download their admit cards online from the official website of PGIMER Chandigarh.
- PGI Chandigarh admit card 2023 will be available 15 days before the exam.
- Candidates need to login to their account using their login credentials (login id and password).
- PGI Chandigarh Admit Cards will not be sent through the post.
- No candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam without their Hall Ticket.
- It must be kept carefully as it will be required in the future during the admission process.
PGIMER July 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates can refer to this section to know about all the important information about PGIMER July Exam Pattern 2023 so that they can get an idea about the question paper structure. Following are the details about PGIMER July 2023 Exam Pattern:(The PGIMER exam has been replaced with INI CET)
- The exam will be conducted Online (Computer-Based Test)
- Candidates will have only 3 hours to solve the complete question paper.
- Question Paper will be having Multiple Choice Questions.
- Besides this, there will be five options available for one question and one answer must be marked.
- Negative marking will be done in case of wrong answers.
- Furthermore, the question paper will have 250 questions.
The information about the number of questions that will be asked from each subject is provided in the table hereby:
Number of Questions in the Subject
Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology
Social and Preventive Medicine
Obstetrics and Gynaecology
PGIMER July 2023 Syllabus
All the candidates willing to appear in the PGIMER entrance test must read the complete article to know about the PGIMER exam syllabus. Following is the information about PGIMER JULY Syllabus 2023:
For MD/MS Courses:
Candidates are required to study all the topics related to these following mentioned subjects:
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Radio Diagnosis
- Internal Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Applied Physiology
- Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology
- Applied Biochemistry
- Applied Anatomy
PGIMER July 2023 Preparation Tips
Following preparation tips will help the candidates to prepare for the exam and hence get the qualifying marks. Preparation Tips are as follows:
- Candidates should make a proper time table and follow it properly.
- They must practice questions from PGIMER's previous question papers and all the sample papers.
- Candidates should stay focused.
- Short notes must be made which help in a quick revision before few days of the exam.
- Take a balanced diet and try avoiding junk food.
- Furthermore, stress must be avoided and yoga can be done to manage it.
PGIMER July 2023 Result
The details about PGIMER July Result 2023 are given in this section hereby:
- Candidates can check their result online on the official website of PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Authority will declare the PGIMER July 2023 Exam Result.
- They will have to enter their login credentials and Date of birth to check their result.
- The Board will be releasing a merit list which will have the names of all the qualified candidates.
- The merit will be based on the qualifying marks and category to which the candidate belongs.
- Those who will have their names in the merit list will be eligible for the counselling process.
PGIMER JULY 2023 Cut Off
Candidates can go through this section to get all the important details about PGIMER JULY Cut Off 2023 given below:
- All the candidates will have to score the minimum cut off marks to clear this entrance test and get admission to the various courses mentioned above.
- The details about cut off marks for candidates belonging to various categories are provided in this table below:
PGIMER JULY Cut Off
|Category ||Cut off Marks|
|General and Sponsored/Deputed||55|
|OBC, PwBD, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals ||50|
The cut off is based on the previous year cut off. Information regarding the same will be updated as soon as the PGIMER JULY 2023 Information Brochure is available.
PGIMER July 2023 Counselling
Authorities will also declare the dates related to PGIMER JULY Counselling 2023 will take place according to the merit list of the theory exam.
- Counselling for MD/MS Courses will be conducted in four rounds.
- Allotment of seats will be done on the basis of rank obtained in theory exam, the number of seats available, courses the candidate etc.
- Candidates must attend the counselling themselves. Those who fail to do so will not be considered for admission in any course.
- If the seats to any candidate are not allotted in first round, then they can attend counselling for the second or third round. For participating in the counselling rounds, candidates will have to pay the counselling fees.
- In the counselling process, some of the important documents of the attendees will be checked.
PGIMER JULY 2023 Highlights
PGIMER July 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Examination July Session 2020|
|Conducting Body||Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education, and Research, Chandigarh|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Courses ||MD/MS and DM/ MCH and DM Hospital Administrative |
|Exam Purpose||To offer admission in MD/MS and DM/ MCH and DM Hospital Administrative courses.|
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Examination July Session 2023
PGI Chandigarh entrance exam 2023 is a National Level entrance exam conducted by PGIMER Institute in Chandigarh. Approximately 1% to 2% of the candidates are selected through this entrance test which makes this exam the toughest across all fields in India.
Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education, and Research, Chandigarh
PGIMER is a research institute located in Chandigarh. Also, PGIMER provides high-quality care to patients. Moreover, this institute was inaugurated by Pt, Jawahar Lal Nehru. It got established in 1962 and is situated at Madhya Marg, Sector 12, Chandigarh, 160012. The Institute has all the latest facilities. Besides this, PGIMER Chandigarh was ranked Second amongst all the medical colleges in India in the year 2019 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework medical ranking for 2019.