SSC CGL 2020-21 revised schedule out. It is a national-level exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to select candidates for Group B and C posts in various ministries /departments/organizations of the Government of India. The entire process of registration and communication is done in online mode through the official website of SSC CGL. Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level(SSC CGL) has a four-tier system in which tier 1 and tier 2 are computer-based and in tier 3 and 4, there is a descriptive paper and a computer proficiency test or skill test and document verification for job applicants. Read this complete article to get more information about SSC CGL 2020-21.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Exam Status
Candidates can check the SSC CGL status from below:
|SSC CGL Status||Exam has been held on 13-24 August 2021|
|Exam Status||Admit Card out|
- CGL 2020 Tier-2 will be held on 28 and 29 January 2022 and Tier-3 will be held on 06 February 2021.
- SSC CGL 2020 Result for Tier-1 will be announced on 11 December 2021.
- SSC CGL 2020 Tentative answer key has been released on 02 September 2021. The objection window has opened till 07 September 2021.
- SSC has announced the CGL Tier-1 revised date. The exam was conducted on 13-24 August 2021
SSC CGL 2020-21 Important Dates
Important dates of SSC CGL 2021 are mentioned in the given below table.
Events and Dates of SSC CGL 2021
|Application Form||29 December to 31 January 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 exam date||13-24 August 2021|
|Tier-1 Answer key release date||02 September 2021|
|Result date of Tier-1 exam||11 December 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier- 2 and 3 exam date||Last week of June 2021|
|Tier-2 and 3 answer key||The first week of July 2021|
|Result date of Tier-2 and 3 exam||Last week of July 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier-4 exam date||July 2021|
If any changes will be made in the examination schedule, then it will be updated here as well.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Admit Card
SSC CGL 2021 admit card has been released by Staff Selection Commission(SSC) on its official website.
- Admit card of SSC CGL 2021 has been released for Tier-1. Admit card will be released separately for all tiers.
- Candidates whose application has been rejected by the authority will not able to get their admit card.
- Candidates will be able to download their SSC CGL 2021 admit card by entering their details such as registration number, mobile number, date of birth, Name, Father's name and so on.
- All applicants are advised to carry their admit card in their examination hall on the day of the exam. Without admit card, candidates will not be allowed to sit in the exam room.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of SSC CGL 2021 of Tier-1 is mentioned below.
SSC CGL 2021 Exam Pattern Tier-1
|Mode of exam||Online Mode|
|Time duration||1 hour|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)|
|Marks for every right answer||+2 marks will be allotted for every right answer|
|Negative Marking||-0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer|
The exam pattern of SSC CGL 2020 of Tier-2 is mentioned below.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern Tier-2
|Mode of exam||Online Mode|
|Time duration||2 hour|
|Total number of questions||400|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions|
|Marks for every right answer||+1 marks will be allotted for every right answer|
|Negative Marking||-0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer|
The exam pattern of SSC CGL 2020 of Tier-3 is mentioned below.
SSC CGL 2021 Exam Pattern Tier-3
|Mode of exam||Offline Mode(Pen and paper-based test)|
|Time duration||1 hour|
|Type of questions||Descriptive typed questions|
|Language ||Either English or Hindi|
|Negative Marking||There is no negative marking in descriptive type questions.|
SSC CGL 2020-21 Syllabus
SSC CGL 2020-21 syllabus as prescribed by Staff Selection Commission(SSC) is mentioned below.
SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus Tier-1
General Intelligence and Reasoning: It includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This will include questions on analogies, similarities, and differences and more topics will be included in General Intelligence and Reasoning.
General Awareness: These questions will be assigned to test the knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect. Questions in this section will aim at testing a candidate's general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society as well.
Quantitative Aptitude: This section is assigned to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of a candidate. The scope of the test will be the computing of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, percentage and there are so many topics more.
English Comprehensive: This section will help to check the candidate's ability to understand correct English, his/her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc.
SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus Tier-2
Paper-1 Quantitative Abilities: This paper is conducted to check the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of a candidate. This paper will include questions on whole numbers, decimals, fractions, percentage and there are so many topics more.
Paper-2 English language and Comprehension: Questions in this paper will be designed to check the candidate's understanding and his/her knowledge of the English language and will be based on fill the blanks, spot the errors, etc.
Paper-3 Statistics: This will include questions on topics such as collection, classification and presentation of data, Measure of central tendency, Measures of Dispersion, Correlation, probability, Sampling theory and so more.
Paper-4 General Studies- Finance and Economics: This test will be conducted in two parts.
Part-A Finances and Accounts: It includes financial accounting and basic concepts of accounting and as well as their subtopics.
Part-B Economica and Governance: It includes topics such as Comptroller and auditor general of India, Finance commission, Basic concepts of economics, Theory of demand and supply and there are so many topics that come under this part.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Preparation Tips
Some preparation tips for candidates regarding SSC CGL 2020 are listed below.
- Clarify the Syllabus: The first step is that candidates must know about the examination pattern and syllabus for the examination. Candidates must get a clear idea about their weak and strong sections from the syllabus.
- Clear basics: Before jumping direct into the tricks and tips of the exam, candidates must know the basics of the topics. Tricks may be used for some topics. However, basic concepts and formulas can be used for more topics.
- Practice and repeat: Each topic that a candidate study in a day must be revised properly. Without revising, it is not possible to keep important points in mind.
- Practice from mock tests and previous year questions: Candidates are advised to practice for the exam with the help of mock tests and previous year question papers. It will help not only in preparation but also helps candidates to get to know about important questions to be asked in the papers.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Answer Key
SSC CGL 2020 answer key for CGL Tier-1 exam
- The answer key will help candidates to get a clear idea about their estimated score to be obtained in the exam.
- SSC has also provided a facility to make objections against Tier-1 answer key which has been closed on 21st March 2020.
- The release date answer key for the Tier-2 exam will be announced soon. But, as per the previous year, the answer key will be released within one or two weeks after the exam was conducted.
- Candidates will not be able to fill any objection against SSC CGL 2020 final answer key.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Results
SSC CGL 2020 results will be declared by Staff Selection Commission on its official website.
- Candidates will be able to check their results by using their registered mobile number and enrollment number.
- The final merit list of SSC CGL 2020 will be prepared based on candidate's score in Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3 result.
- The final allotment of posts to candidates will be done based on merit and their preferences of posts.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Application Form
Some information for candidates regarding SSC CGL 2020 application form is listed below.
- SSC CGL 2021 application form has been released and can be filled until 31 January 2021.
- Candidates can check about their SSC CGL application status from the official website of the Staff Selection Commission.
- Candidates who are possessing a bachelor's degree will be eligible to apply for SSC CGL 2021.
- The application fee is Rs 100/- and women, SC, ST, PWD and Ex-servicemen candidates are exempted from fee payment.
- Candidates can pay the application fee in online mode or through BHIM UPI or by using debit or credit card.
Documents required to fill SSC CGL 2020 Application Form
The following are the documents that will be required by candidates at the time of filling the SSC CGL 2021 application form.
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Graduation Certificate or Marksheet
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned Signature
- Category certificate(if applicable)
SSC CGL 2020-21 Eligibility Criteria
SSC CGL 2020 eligibility criteria as prescribed by the official authority is mentioned below.
SSC CGL 2021 National Qualifications
- A candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal or Bhutan. or
- Tibetan refugee who came in India before 1st January 1962 intending to settle permanently in India.
- An Indian Origin Person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Educational Qualifications
For Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer:
- A candidate must have a bachelor's degree.
- Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics are desirable qualifications.
For Junior Statistical Officer:
- A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in any subject with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics subject in 12th standard.
- A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
For all other posts:
- A candidate must have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Important Links
Download SSC CGL Brochure Pdf
SSC CGL 2020-21 Highlights
Some information regarding SSC CGL 2021 is mentioned in the given below table.
SSC CGL 2021 Highlights
|Full name of the exam||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level(SSC CGL)|
|Conducting body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Frequency of exam||The exam is conducted once in a year.|
|Established by||Department of Personnel and Traning which consists of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations|
|Purpose of exam||Selection of candidates for Group B and C posts in ministries, departments in organizations of the Government of India|
|Exam Language||English or Hindi|
|SSC CGL Official website||https://ssc.nic.in/|
About Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level(SSC CGL)
Staff Selection Commission is one of the most desirable organizations that conduct Government exams in India. it conducts Combined Graduate Level(CGL) entrance exam. SSC is the leading Government organization that employs lakhs of students in India. SSC has been established under the Department of Personnel and Traning and it consists of a Chairman, two Members and a Secretary cum Controller of Examination. Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level to fill various posts as notified by the Central Government. Every year about 30 lakhs candidates fill the application form and about 15 lakhs candidates appear for the entrance exam. CGL exam is conducted in four tiers, out of which the first two are conducted in online mode and the rest of two are conducted in offline mode.