UCEED 2023 Exam Pattern will be available in the information brochure. UCEED is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted annually by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design is organised to offer admission into the B.Des (Bachelor of Design) program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur and 15 other institutes which accept UCEED scores. The validity of the UCEED 2023 score is for one academic year, and valid only for admission into the present academic year. Candidates who have qualified Class 12th (or equivalent) or appearing in 2023 in any stream (Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities), are eligible to appear for UCEED exam for the year. Candidates can read the complete article to know more about UCEED 2023 exam pattern.
UCEED 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates should have a clear idea about the UCEED-2023 exam pattern to score well and get into various top prestigious universities for Undergraduate Programmes of Designing. The exam pattern of the UCEED-2023 is as given below:
- Exam Mode - Exam is both a Computer-Based Test (CBT) i.e. online mode for Part A and pen and Paper-Based Test (PBT) i.e. is conducted in offline mode for Part B.
- Number of Questions - The examination contains 69 questions in total. 68 questions from Part A and 1 question from Part B.
- Marking Scheme - Each question has its marking and differs from one other, the details are provided below.
- Questions Type - Part A- There are 3 types of questions: NAT (Numerical Answer Type), MSQ (Multiple Select on Questions), MCQ (Multiple-choice questions). Part B- One drawing question.
- Medium - The medium of the examination is English.
- Duration - The candidates are given a time frame of 180 minutes (3 hours) to complete the whole examination.
- Total Marks - UCEED question paper will be of 300 marks.
UCEED 2023 question paper will consist of two parts - PART A and PART B and the paper pattern and UCEED Syllabus
of both the part is different. Therefore, the complete format of UCEED 2023 question paper for the part is given below in detail:
UCEED Exam Pattern for PART A
Candidates can check the below-given information about the exam pattern of Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design for PART A:
- Total Marks: 240 marks
- Maximum Time: 150 minutes (two and a half hours).
- Mode: It will be administered through a computer-based test.
PART A will consist of 3 sections which are as follows:
- SECTION 1 - NAT (Numerical Answer Type)
- 18 questions (4 marks each; no negative marks).
- For these questions, an answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard on the computer screen.
- No choices will be shown for these questions.
- Questions not attempted will be given zero marks.
- SECTION 2 - MSQ (Multiple Select Questions)
- 18 questions (4 marks each; 0.19 negative marks).
- Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices.
- SECTION 3 - MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- 32 questions (3 marks each; 0.71 negative marks).
- Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer.
PART A exam pattern is given in a table below:
UCEED Paper Pattern for PART A
Number of Questions
Marks if Correct
Marks if Wrong
1 - 18
19 - 36
37 - 68
Exam pattern will work as a guide for the candidates to prepare for their UCEED 2020 examination.
UCEED Exam Pattern for PART B
UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern for PART B is given below in detail:
- Total Marks: 60 marks
- Maximum Time: 30 minutes (half an hour).
- Number of Question: It consists of one question that is aimed at testing drawing skills which will require subjective evaluation.
- The question will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator only.
- The answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- This question is mandatory. If not attempted or submitted in time, the candidate will not be eligible for admissions.
- There is no negative marking for PART B.
Since the pattern of this paper is a bit complicated, all the details are presented in a table summary for more clarity.
UCEED Paper Pattern for PART B
|Section||Number of Questions||Number of Questions||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Total Marks|
The candidates should be clear about the pattern to make the most of the examination.