UCEED 2023 Syllabus will comprise the topics from Part A and Part B. UCEED 2023 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, under the guidance of the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee 2023. All nationals (Indian/Foreign) can also apply for UCEED 2023. If the candidates are seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree programme in Design (B.Des.) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH), and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) then they must appear for UCEED examination. Candidates can check the article to know about UCEED 2023 Syllabus. Also, download UCEED 2023 Syllabus pdf given below.
UCEED 2023 Syllabus
The Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design 2023 is conducted in two parts:
Candidates should know the exact UCEED-2023 Syllabus, to prepare well within time with creativity and more and more ideas to inculcate in their examinations.
- This examination is for getting into various design courses.
- Creative candidates have an upper edge on the examination.
- The level of the examination is good, creative and dynamic. If an applicant is good in these fields, he/she will be able to good.
- The basic syllabus for the examination is the basic knowledge of design, analysis, awareness etc.
- The topics to be covered in Part A of the examination include visualization and spatial ability, observation and design sensitivity, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, design thinking and problem-solving.
- In Part B of the examination, drawing skills of the candidate are tested.
- The candidates should be able to draw products, people and scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
The detailed syllabus for both the parts i.e. PART A - Knowledge, and PART B - Drawing and Creativity has been given below:
UCEED 2023 Syllabus for PART A
Part A of UCEED exam will have the questions from the following topics:
Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test
- Understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships
- Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Observation and Design Sensitivity
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them.
- Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting.
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Environmental and Social Awareness
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture and literature.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative, and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of several statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
Language and Creativity
- Ability to understand and use Standard English.
- Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Design Thinking and Problem Solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols.
- Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
UCEED 2023 Syllabus for PART B
Syllabus of PART B will have a question from the following topic:
- Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
UCEED 2023 Preparation Tips
Given below are some preparation tips that candidates must adopt to score well in the entrance exam:
- Check the UCEED syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly, know all the topics and the weightage of questions in each section, then prepare for the exam accordingly.
- Must practice question related to geometry or picture as it will help in improving candidate's skills of creativity and imagination
- Make a proper schedule of the time for the entrance test preparation as proper time management is very much needed.
- Practice previous year questions as it will help in building confidence and reliability level of the answer.
- Candidate must focus on creativity. Try to think out of the box as design is totally based on imagination.
- Prepare general awareness and current affairs topics as well.
- Practice free hand sketching.
Candidates can also check the UCEED Exam Pattern 2023
to know more about the question paper paper, marks distribution and many more.