UCEED 2023 Eligibility Criteria will be available to the candidates on the official website. Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design is a National Level Entrance Examination that offer admission into the B.Des program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur and 15 other institutes which accept UCEED scores. IIT Bombay has the complete rights for conducting UCEED entrance exam 2023 and to decide about the rules of admissions and allotment of seats. The Course offered through UCEED 2023 is Bachelor of Design (B.Des). Candidates who have qualified Class 12th (or equivalent) in 2023 or appearing in 2023 in any stream (Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities), are eligible to appear for UCEED 2023 examination. Go through the given article to know all information about UCEED 2023 eligibility.
UCEED 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates while applying should carefully check the UCEED eligibility 2023 for the examination. The candidates should fulfil the eligibility criteria. If any candidate is found not to fulfil the criteria, their UCEED 2023 application form will be rejected straightforward.
Eligibility for Applying in UCEED 2023
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design 2023 Eligibility is as follows, applicants of any nationality can apply, there is an age limit that has to be fulfilled, there are 2 attempts for the examination, the candidates who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2018 or earlier are not eligible.
UCEED Exam Eligibility
|Nationality||Indian/Foreign/OCI /PIO card holders’ candidates are eligible to apply.|
|Age Criteria||The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1995, if belonging to the OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1990, if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.|
|Number of Attempts||A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.|
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2023, OR appearing in 2023. Students from ALL STREAMS (Science, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible.
Candidates appearing in the last year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible.
Qualifying Examination for UCEED 2023
The various examination that can be considered as qualification is given below:
- 10+2 final examination, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (www.aicte-india.org) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
- In case the Class 10+2 examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission into B.Des
The eligibility criteria for applying for B.Des after UCEED 2023 exam is as follows:
UCEED Admission Eligibility for B.Des
At the time of registering for UCEED 2023, candidates who are NOT citizens of India (by birth or naturalization) and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under PIO/OCI category at the time of registering for UCEED 2023 are treated as foreign nationals.
To be eligible for applying for B. Des programme, candidates must be born on or before October 1, 1995, if they belong to open or OBC-NCL category and if they belong to SC, ST, PWD category, then they must be born on or after October 1990.
Candidates must have obtained the qualified rank in the UCEED 2023 exam.
Candidates from science stream with physics, chemistry and maths, as subjects are eligible to apply for admissions to IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur. Candidates from any other stream, that is a science without physics, chemistry or maths, commerce, arts, humanities, are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay, and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total available seats in the course.
At the time of seat allocation, availability of supernumerary seats in B.Des course will be announced.
The seats allotted to OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)/PIO (Person of Indian Origin) cardholders will be under Open category, but not supernumerary. Foreign Nationals and OCI/PIO card holders are outside the ambit of reservations [RESERVATION OF SEATS].
UCEED 2023 Score Validity
The validity of the UCEED 2023 score is for one academic year, and valid only for admission into the present academic year. Therefore, candidates who will qualify the exam should take the admission into B.Des courses in the same academic year in which they have qualified the exam.