UPESEAT 2023 Registration has been started from 22nd November 2022 for various UG and PG Courses in online mode. UPES Engineering Aptitude Test will be conducted in April 2023 for Phase-1 and Phase-2 July 2023. It is a university-level exam conducted every year. Through this exam, admissions will be given to the willing aspirants in its 9 branches under B. Tech degree program. The UPES conducts 3 rounds to offer admission to candidates in engineering courses. Candidates can go through the complete article given below to know more about UPESEAT 2023.
- UPESEAT 2023 Registration has started from 22nd November 2022 in online mode. Interested candidates can apply on offical webiste www.upes.ac.in
- UPESEAT 2023 Registration last date is in Last week of March 2023.
UPESEAT 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the UPESEAT 2023 exam status from the below table:
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test
|Exam - July 2023|
UPESEAT 2023 Important Dates
The revised schedule of UPESEAT 2023 is as follows:
UPESEAT 2023 Schedule
Dates 2023 (Tentative)
Starting of the application process
Started from 22nd November 2022
End of the application process
March 2023 (Phase-1) and
June 2023 (Phase-2)
Availability of admit card
UPESEAT Exam date 2023
1st week of April 2023 (Phase 1) and
1st week of July 2023 (Phase 2)
Declaration of result
1st week of April 2023 (phase 1) and
July 2023 (phase 2)
Publication of merit list
|Last week of July 2023|
Starting of the Counselling process
UPESEAT 2023 Application Form
- UPESEAT 2023 application form has been released in online mode from 22nd November 2022.
- Filling of UPESEAT 2023 application is to be done with extreme calmness and no false information must be mentioned in any form.
- Eligible aspirants have to note that the availability of UPES 2023 will be done through two modes:
How To Apply for UPESEAT 2023?
Candidates can fill the UPESEAT 2023 Application form via online as well as offline mode. Candidates can check the complete details given below.
Online Application Form:
Candidates have to follow the core instructions to successfully fill and submit their respective Online application form.
- The first step is to register yourself on the official website: www.upes.ac.in. Candidates can go in for “Registered User” if already registered or “Signup New user” if registering for the first time.
- Fill in all the relevant details, then the programme is to be chosen, valid email id on which a verification link will be sent. Aspirants will have to verify their email id and “activate” their account on the official website only.
- Make the application fee payment and “Submit” the account.
- Take a printout of the application form for the future to follow up.
Offline Application Form:
Below are guidelines to fill the registration form offline:-
- Aspirants will be able to get the UPESEAT 2023 offline application form from the admission branch of the University campus in Dehradun.
- Submission of offline application form will be in the form of OMR Sheet only.
UPESEAT 2023 Application Fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the UPESEAT application fee by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/Demand Draft. The application fee for UPESEAT 2023, both for Indians as well as International candidates based on previous year’s information is as follows:
UPESEAT Registration Fee 2023
Nationality of Aspirants
UPESEAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are eligible to appear for the exam only if they fulfill the below-mentioned UPESEAT 2023 eligibility for the engineering entrance exam:
- The aspirants are eligible to apply for UPESEAT if they are born on or after 01 October 1998.
- Only the date of birth which is mentioned in their Secondary Education Board will be considered authentic for admissions.
- An aspirant must secure a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10 & 10+2) examination.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (Class 12).
Admission through Board Merit/JEE Main Score
UPES university also provides admission based on the Board merit list and JEE Main merit list to the candidates who will fulfil the basic criteria given below:
- For Board Merit - Candidates have to secure a minimum of 80% in class 10th & 12th final examination. Also, score at least 80% marks in PCM in 10+2.
- For JEE Main - Should have scored 60% marks in class 10th and PCM in class 12th.
UPESEAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the UPESEAT 2023 exam pattern given below to have an idea of the question paper structure, distribution of questions so that they can prepare accordingly.
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will get 180 minutes (three hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total of 200 questions in a question paper.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (Objective)
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 1 mark for each correct answer and no marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
There will be five sections in the UPESEAT exam mentioned below:
UPESEAT Paper Pattern
Number of Questions
English Language Comprehension
Current Affairs Awareness
UPESEAT 2023 Syllabus
UPESEAT 2023 syllabus is similar to the syllabus of classes XI & XII of the CBSE board for Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. It consists of a total of 50 questions each in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry section, 30 questions in English Language Comprehension, and 20 questions in Current Affairs Awareness section.
Topics to be Covered
English & Comprehension
General English and Comprehension based questions.
Basic concepts of English
Awards and Wins
General Indian Economy & Global Economy
Any additional information/changes in the syllabus will be updated as the conducting authority notifies on the official website.
UPESEAT 2023 Important Books
Aspirants of UPESEAT 2023 will achieve success if they have a few helpful books in their hands. We have mentioned some of them here which will help you to come closer to your goal:
- Handbook of Physics by Nipendra Bhatnagar
- Mathematics for Engineering Entrances ( Solved Papers ) by B.L.Sharma
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- Concept of Physics (2018-2020) by H.C Verma
UPESEAT 2023 Admit Card
UPESEAT 2023 admit card will be released on the official website. The hall ticket will be issued immediately after the successful completion of the test booking process.
- The candidates can download the admit card through the official website of UPES.
- An aspirant will have to paste a passport size photograph on the admit card before bringing it to the exam centre.
- The candidates have to submit the application form before or till the last date so that aspirant can receive their admit cards on time.
UPESEAT 2023 Slot Booking
UPES will open the UPESEAT 2023 slot booking window from April 2023 onwards on the official website. All the information related to UPESEAT slot booking is given below:
- Candidates can choose the Date & Time of examination as per their preference through online mode only.
- Candidates who are applying through offline/OMR form, also need to follow the same process of Test date booking.
- UPES will allot the test date and city as per the availability for the candidates who fail to choose the test date and city of their choice.
UPESEAT 2023 Exam Centres
List of UPESEAT 2023 exam centres is given below. Candidates have to choose two centres of their choice while filling the application form.
- Greater Noida
- Navi Mumbai
- New Delhi
- Rae Bareli
- Sri Ganganagar
UPESEAT 2023 Result
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies will announce the UPESEAT 2023 result for all three rounds of the test. The result details will be message and email to the aspirants who will appear for the exam.
- To access the UPESEAT result, aspirants will have to submit their application number and registered mobile number.
- The scores and ranks secured by the aspirants in the entrance test will be available in UPESEAT result 2023.
- Those aspirants who qualify for UPESEAT will be able to register for the offline counselling session.
- Admissions will be done based on the UPESEAT result of the aspirants.
- The merit list will be drawn in common for UPESEAT I and UPESEAT II.
UPESEAT 2023 Counseling
UPESEAT 2023 counselling is conducted as centralized counselling. Aspirants have to attend counselling at the various campuses of UPES. Check details below:
- 80% of the seats are filled through the UPESEAT entrance exam and 20% of the seats are through JEE Mains and Board’s merit. After the registration process, the aspirants are called for counselling at the specified venue.
- Aspirants have to reach the allotted venue on a given date and time.
- Based on the aspirant’s ranks they are allowed for choice filling.
- Before proceeding to choice filling, aspirants have to verify their original documents.
- The seats will be allotted based on aspirants’ filled choices, their ranks, and availability of seats.
Documents required for UPESEAT Counseling
The list of documents given below must be self-attested by the candidates. Aspirants must carry the original documents along with one set of a photocopy on the counselling day for document verification. Without producing the original documents aspirants will not be allowed for further procedure of admission.
- Counselling Call Letter
- Qualifying exam admit card 2023
- Qualifying exam scorecard 2023
- 10th mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th mark sheet and passing certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Demand Draft of prescribed fees in favour of "UPES Fee Account "payable at Dehradun.
- Four passport size photograph
UPESEAT 2023 Courses
UPESEAT 2023 List of Offered B.Tech Programmes
Aspirants looking for admissions in any of the B.Tech degree programmes of their choice offered by UPES must know the various B.Tech programmes offered by the university. The University of Petroleum offers 9 major B.Tech sectors under its School of Engineering. Under these 9 sectors, 31 different B. Tech courses are included which can be opted by any one of their choices. They are as follows :
Major B.Tech Sector: B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering specializes in -
- Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
- Business Analytics and Optimization
- Graphics & Gaming
- Internet of Things and Smart Cities
- IT Infrastructure
- Open Source & Open Standards
- Mobile Application and Development
- E-Commerce, Retail, and Automation
- Mainframe Technology
- Oil & Gas Informatics
- Cyber Security & Forensics
- AI & Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing & Virtualisation Technology
- Dev Ops in academic collaboration with Xebia
- Big Data in academic collaboration with Xebia
Major B.Tech Sector: Oil and Gas
- Chemical engineering specializes in refining and petrochemicals
- Applied Petroleum Engineering specializes in Upstream
- Geo-Informatics Engineering
- Applied Petroleum Engineering specializes in Gas
- Refining & Petrochemicals
Major B.Tech Sector: Electronics
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Major B.Tech Sector: Mechanical
- Automotive Design Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Major B.Tech Sector: High Technology
Major B.Tech Sector: Aerospace
- Aerospace Engineering with Specialization in Avionics
- Aerospace Engineering
Major B.Tech Sector: Infrastructure
- Civil Engineering specializes in Infrastructure Development
Major B.Tech Sector: Power
Major B.Tech Sector: Health, Safety, and Environment
- Fire & Safety Engineering
Candidates can check the additional courses offered by UPES University
Note: Diploma in Business Management can be undertaken along with the B.Tech program and would provide the students with basic skills of management.
UPESEAT 2023 Scholarship Programmes
UPES University has offered an exclusive scholarship for all girl students
- 25% Scholarship on tuition fee for all girls taking admission in any of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate full duration program from 2023 session
For B.Tech: There are three types of Scholarships available for B.Tech students. Go through the details given below-
1. Merit-Based Scholarship:
- The scholarship will be offered to students securing an aggregate of 80% marks in class X & XII & 80% marks in PCM for B.Tech (All Streams) in CBSE/ ICSE / State Examination Board.
- Such scholarships will be limited to 10% of seats in each B.Tech Program.
- Scholarships will be allotted for the first Semester in Merit order to eligible candidates.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on Merit only.
- Continuation of Scholarship in the subsequent years will be as per the University policy
- 50% on Tuition fee of the First Semester
2. Scholarship for Uttarakhand State Board Toppers:
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand resident students.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate)
- Students will be entitled only to 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Toppers or through Uttarakhand Resident category)
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per the merit scholarship policy of the University
- 25% of a tuition fee waiver for Boys and 35% for Girl students in the first year
3. Special Scholarship:
| ||Jee Toppers||Tuition fee Waiver||Total Seats|
| ||95.01% +||100%||5|
|For the first year||90.01%-95%||85%||5|
| ||Board Merit||Tuition fee Waiver||Total Seats|
| ||95.01% +||100%||5|
|For the first year||90.01% - 95%||85%||5|
| ||85% - 90%||75%||5|
For M.Tech: Fellowship scholarship for M.Tech Students is mentioned below-
1. Gate Scholarship: Candidates who have scored 70% and above in GATE will receive a scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400, granted by the university. To become eligible for the continuance scholarship in subsequent semesters, the candidates are required to fulfill the below-mentioned criteria-
a) Earned a minimum of SGPA/ CGPA of 8.0 in each semester.
b) Have passed every semester examination in the first attempt and also maintaining regular attendance, discipline, exemplary behaviour, and compliance with all other norms as prescribed by the university from time to time.
2. Candidates will also be eligible to avail a grant of a sum of Rs. 50,000/-towards outcome-based research as per rules and regulations framed by the university for this purpose.
The UPES has also linked up with Coursera, which is an online international platform to help students prepare for the dynamic job landscape and equip themselves with skills required to thrive in the knowledge economy.
UPESEAT 2023 Admission Process
Candidates need to keep in mind the following steps for UPESEAT 2023 Admission:
- Step 1: Apply for UPESEAT 2023 by filling the registration form properly and paying the application fees before the due date.
- Step 2: Download the Admit Card 2023, which will be available to the registered candidates to know all the important details about the exam.
- Step 3: Appear for UPESEAT 2023 examination at the scheduled date and time.
- Step 4: Check UPESEAT 2023 result which will be declared after a few days of the examination.
- Step 5: Qualified students will then be called for counselling sessions. Counselling session will nominate the candidates for admission in the desired course.
UPESEAT 2023 Highlights
Candidates can check the important highlights of the whole article in the table given below:
UPES Engineering Aptitude Test
University level exam
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Mode of examination
Both online and offline
UPES Official website
UPES University has partnered with Coursera to provide better opportunities to the students. Click here to check more details about Coursera.
About the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
UPES is a leading University in Dehradun, offers various courses in Law, Management, Business, Engineering, Architecture, Design sectors. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies was established in the year 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. UPES has a sprawling 44-acre campus in the lush and verdant environs of Dehradun. The university’s singular purpose is to enable each one to achieve their purpose in life, through the guiding light of knowledge. A UGC- recognised and NAAC- accredited University, UPES offers industry-aligned and specialized courses through its distinct schools. The university also provides a scholarship for the students that is based on merit. Check the information given below for different courses offered by the UPE
|Program||Eligibility Criteria||Scholarship Percentage (%) – Only Tuition Fee for 1st semester & Number of Seats|
|B.A ||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 5% seats in each program|
|B.Com||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 5% seats in each program|
|B.Pharmacy||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|
|B.Sc||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 5% seats in each program|
|B.Design||Minimum 80% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|
|BBA||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|
|BCA||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 5% seats in each program|
|D. Pharmacy||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|
|B. Optometry#||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|
|B. Physiotheraphy#||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|
|B. Tech LLB||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|
|MA||Minimum 60% 10th, 12th, & Graduation||50% waiver on 5% seats in each program|
|M.Sc||Minimum 60% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 5% seats in each program|
|M.Design||Minimum 60% 10th, 12th, & Graduation||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|
|LLM||Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|
|M.Tech||Minimum 60% 10th, 12th, & Graduation||50% waiver on 10% seats in each program|