UPSC the conducting authority will release the CMS exam pattern 2021 on the official website. CMS entrance test held once in a year at a national level to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways, Posts of Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service under the Ministry of Defence, Junior Scale Posts in the Central Health Service, General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council, General Duty Medical Officer Gr. II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation. Combined Medical Service Examination(CMS) conduct in an online mode in English only. Entrance test divide into paper and after candidates successfully clear the written test they have to go for Interview or Personality Test. Go through the given mention article which contains the complete information about the exam pattern of UPSC CMSE 2021 Exam.
UPSC CMS 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to check the UPSC Combined Medical Service Exam 2021 Exam Pattern before start preparing to get knowledge of question paper structure so that they can prepare according to the pattern. Given below are the information of CMS Paper Pattern 2021:
- CMS entrance exam will be held in online mode i.e., Computer Based Test(CBT).
- The question paper provided to the candidates will be set in English only.
- The entrance exam has two different paper and for each paper, candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam.
- The entrance exam has Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ), where candidates have to select the correct answer from four different options.
- The question paper is a total of 500 marks.
- For each wrong answer, 1/3 will be deducted from marks.
- Each paper also divided into sections.
- After clearing, the entrance exam candidates have to appear for the Personality Test which has 100 Marks.
Candidates can check the subject wise distribution of the number of questions and total marks:
|Paper||Part||No. of Question||Total Marks|
|Paper 1 ||General Medicine||96||250 |
|Total || ||120|
|Paper 2||Surgery ||40||250|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
| ||Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
UPSC CMS 2021 Personality Test
Candidates who qualify in the computer-based examination will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 100 marks. The Interview for Personality Test will be intended to serve as a supplement to the computer-based examination for testing the General Knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of their academic study and also in the nature of a personality test to assess the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, the balance of judgement and alertness of mind, the ability for social cohesion, the integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
UPSC CMS 2021 Preparation Tips
Given below are some general tips candidates must follow while preparing for the entrance exam for better score:
- Candidates must go through the CMS Syllabus so that they can prepare their study time table accordingly.
- Make notes of everything, put tags and sticky notes.
- Must do the revision daily, so that there no chance to get confused or forget part or topic.
- Make stronger points even better and work on weak points as well.
- Practice previous year question paper or sample for better preparation and time management.