UPSC IFS 2020 Eligibility Criteria has been released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on the official website. Selection in the IFS Main entrance exam is based on the Civil Service Preliminary exam which is going to be held on 31 May 2020. It is mandatory in the IFS service, the implementation of the National Forest Policy which aims to ensure the environmental stability and maintenance of ecological balance. Before filling the application form, candidates must check the IFS 2020 Eligibility to know whether they are eligible for the exam they are applying for. Therefore, candidates can go through the whole article below to know about officially announced eligibility of IFS Admission Test 2020.
UPSC IFS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check their UPSC IFS 2020 Eligibility Criteria before starting the application process. Given are the brief information regarding the eligibility criteria:
IFS Nationality Criteria
To eligible for the candidates require to possess the following criteria of nationality which are mention below:
- Citizen of India
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01 January 1962 intending to permanently settle in India, or
- A candidate of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
Candidates of other than India must have a certificate of eligibility which has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
A candidate whose certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before the declaration of result by UPSC.
- Candidates must attain the age of 21 years on 01 August 2020 i.e., they must be born not earlier than 02 August 1987.
- The upper age limit of the candidates should be 32 years i.e., they must born not later than 01 August 1998 on 01 August 2020.
Given below are details of relaxation in upper age limit for different category:
|Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribe ||Five Years |
|Other Backward Classes||Three Years|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 01 January 1980 to the 31 December 1989||Five Years|
|Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area||Three Years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 01 August 2020||Five Years|
| ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 01 August 2019||Five Years|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities viz. (a)low vision (b)Partially deaf (c)locomotor disability||Ten Years|
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree with one of the following subjects: Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry.
- And candidates who hold qualification degree in Engineering which is from any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent
Number of Attempts
- Authority will provide six attempts to all the candidates who full the eligibility criteria.
- There should no restriction in the case of attempts if candidates belong to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- For those who are from belonging to Other Backward Classes are nine.
- For the person with a benchmark, disability will get nine attempts.