UPSC will release the IFS exam pattern on the official website. UPSC IFS Preliminary 2021 Entrance exam will be held on 27 July 2021 in offline mode. Forest Service is conducted at the national one in a year for recruit deserving candidates in officers post scientific management of its forests. It is mandatory in the IFS service, the implementation of the National Forest Policy which aims to ensure the environmental stability and maintenance of ecological balance. The IFS exam consists of three stages- Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, Personality test. Candidates can read about the IFS preliminary and main exam pattern, paper structure, marking scheme and preparation tips.
UPSC IFS 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the UPSC IFS 2021 Exam Pattern before start preparing for the exam to know the exam structure and other details for better preparation. Given below are information related to the entrance exam pattern:
IFS 2021 Prelims Question Paper Pattern
- IFS Preliminary Entrance exam will be Multiple Choice Question(MCQ) format.
- Entrance Test is divided into two objective type questions paper(General Knowledge and Reasoning).
- Each paper is a total of 200 Marks.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- Candidates have a total of 120 minutes to solve each question paper.
IFS Main 2021 Paper Pattern
- IFS Main exam will be a subjective type question paper.
- Candidates have 3 hours for each paper.
- The question paper will be set in English only.
- The main exam is divided into 6 paper (General English, General Knowledge and four subjects paper).
- Candidates will provide the list of some subjects from which they have to select the two subjects.
- General English and General Knowledge are of 300 Marks and Each subject will have two papers.— 200 marks for each paper.
List of optional subjects :
(ii) Agricultural Engineering
(iii) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
(vi) Chemical Engineering
(vii) Civil Engineering
(xi) Mechanical Engineering
Provided that the candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects :
(a) Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
(b) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
(c) Agriculture and Forestry.
(d) Chemistry and Chemical Engg.
(e) Mathematics and Statistics.
(f) Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering
and Mechanical Engineering—not more than one subject
UPSC IFS 2020 Preparation Tips
The following UPSC IFS 2020 preparation tips will help the candidates during their preparation for the exam:
- The candidates must be aware of the exam syllabus.
- Candidates must study all the subjects and give equal time to all the subjects.
- Practice question papers from all the previous year sample papers and question papers.
- Applicants must take out a printout of the exam syllabus, mark all the important topics prepare short notes, and revise them before few days of the exam.
- Students must take a balanced diet and have proper rest.