Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Scholarships List 2020-21: Bangalore, also known as the Silicon Valley of India, has many distinctions, one of which happens to be having the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), popularly known as Tata Institute. This public sector institution of higher education offers quality learning and training in science, education, engineering, design and management as well as research opportunities. Established in 1909, this leading institute has been consecutively ranking as the number 1 university as per the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) and among the top 20 universities in Brazil, Russia, India and China, as per the QS University Ranking.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Scholarships List 2020-21 Admission
Getting admission in IISc requires one to have secured a certain percentage, passing entrance exams like NEET, JEE Main, JEE Advanced or KVPY and clearing the entrance interview. Pursuing advanced education can be difficult for students coming from low-income families or those who are financing their own studies. A scholarship essay writing service can help them get the required writing, help when preparing their scholarship application and essays. In this scholarship essay, we have compiled a list of popular scholarships for Indian students that can allow them to seek educational prospects at IISc. Therefore, bright and suitable candidates can apply for any IISc scholarship out of the following:
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Scholarship
This scholarship is a national and international scholarship meant for Indian students. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist students from low-income families.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Scholarships List 2020-21 - Admissions
- IISc offers MHRD scholarships and fellowships to those candidates who have cleared their GATE or JEST or JAM tests and are qualified to pursue Mechanical Engineering, M Tech or Master of Science in Engineering.
- Students from minorities, marginalized and underdeveloped communities are also encouraged to apply.
- Those students whose families’ yearly income is less than six lakh are eligible for a scholarship.
- Once qualified, the deserving engineering students would get one lakh twenty-five thousand per year as tuition and sustenance fee.
- Further submission details can be sought at the national scholarship portal or scholarships.gov.in
Department of Science & Technology (DST) Scholarship
This grant is national as well as international in nature:
- The said grant would allow a qualified student to have a round trip to China to attend the 2020-21 \ Asian Science Camp (ASC). It also permits a person to travel from one’s institute to Bangalore via train and go back.
- It is meant for those students who are studying Science, Math or Engineering in the first year and have a spectacular track record in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Maths specifically.
- Also, they ought to have a KVPY/INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Their command on the English language must be commendable.
- Their interest in science and research has to be genuine.
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship
This program is run by the Indian Department of Science and Technology under the name of The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) to promote basic science education:
- It aims to promote those students who want to pursue scientific studies and conduct research in them.
- A candidate vying for this scholarship needs to have secured at least 60% marks in Math and Science in the XII Board Exam. For SC/ST/PWD, they need to have secured 50% marks.
- The candidates would be then eligible to appear in the aptitude test.
- This scholarship is meant for those students who want to pursue a Science undergraduate program in India and is not meant for those who want to study abroad or pursue a distance education course.
This funding can help IISc students sponsor their conference trips:
- In case you are a PhD student at IISc, and your paper has been accepted at an international conference, and you happen to be looking for a scholarship to cover the travelling expenses, then you can get 1 lakh as travel expenses through GARP funding.
- You have to fill an online form and submit it to the ECE office, along with the acceptance email from the conference committee.
- This funding can be split up and used for two different travel occasions.
Young Engineering Fellowship Program (YEFP)
The aim of this Summer Mini-Project (SUMP) is to raise awareness and interest in young engineering students about academic research. The following students are eligible to apply:
- Currently enrolled in the 3rd year of B.E./ B.Tech. / B.Sc.(Engg) / Integrated M.E. / M.Tech. program.
- Having excellent ranks and distinctive results in final exams.
- Having paper submissions, projects successfully run, design contest participation, exceptional scores in Mathematics Olympiad, and other awards.
- This camp comprises two months and can be attended any time during May to July at IISc; however, students can split this time according to their own convenience and the availability of the faculty.
- 6500 would be given to purchase a train ticket, buy books, and pay tuition. Meanwhile, accommodation would be on campus.
Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF) Scholarship
This scholarship is offered by the government to candidates planning to pursue a PhD at IISc or any other institute.
- The applicant has to be a final year student enrolled in an undergraduate course, pursuing a five-year-long integrated M-Tech, UGPC or M.Sc.
- The applicant needs to have scored eight in CPI or 10 in the CGPA proficiency test.
- After the initial screening, a panel interview or written test would be conducted.
- For two years, the selected scholar would receive INR 70000 monthly as stipend and INR 75000 per month in the third year and INR 80000 per month there onward.
- A grant of 10 lakh would also be given under this scholarship.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Scholarships List 2020-20
Article Contributor: Olha Porterm is Associate Editor at Paperellcom Works at Microblading and PMU Training USA – by Julia-Anne Milin From West New York, New Jersey.