JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 online counselling will start soon. Joint Admission Committee will be commencing the registration process of JAC Chandigarh admission for B.Tech. However, no entrance examination will be conducted, admission will be done on the basis of the scores secured in JEE Main. During the counselling, session seats will be allotted based on the merit, preferences selected by the candidates and availability of seats. There will be three counselling rounds along with a spot around. Read the Given below article to know more about JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 Dates
Check the important events and dates regarding the JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 from the below-given table:
|Registration process commences||Fouth week of May 2023|
|Last date for generation of filled Bank Challan||Third week of June 2023|
|Last date for depositing fee in the SBI Bank
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023: Counselling, Seat Allotment - Admissions
using Bank Challan
|Third week of June 2023|
|Last date for online registration||Third week of June 2023|
|Opening of Correction Window||Fourth week of June 2023|
|JAC counselling round 1 (List of eligible candidates, choice
filling, locking, seat allotment, fee payment, withdrawal)
|JAC Chandigarh counselling round 2
(List of eligible candidates, choice filling, locking,
seat allotment, fee payment, withdrawal)
|JAC Chandigarh counselling round 3
(List of eligible candidates, choice filling, seat allotment, locking, withdrawal)
|Reporting at the institute||November 2023|
|Spot round of counselling (Display of vacant seats, seat allotment,, document verification, physical reporting and fee payment)||November 2023|
|Academic session will begin from||November 2023|
Note: Actual Dates will be notified soon once the authority will announce the dates on the official website.
JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 Application Form
The authorities will release the registration form of Chandigarh JAC Engineering admission tentatively in the fourth week of May on the official website.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form only in online mode and it has to be submitted before the final date specified by the authorities.
- Candidates have to fill the required personal, academic and communication details have to be submitted by the authorities.
- Applicants need to pay the required amount of the registration fee.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the details correctly to avoid rejection.
- Applicants must take a print of the filled application form for future reference.
How to Apply for JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023?
Candidates can follow the below-given steps to fill the application form for Joint Admission Committee B.Tech Admission:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of JAC to fill the application form.
- Now fill the required details like the Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, JEE Main 2021 Roll No and Application form no.
- Now create a password.
- Log in again and fill the others details also.
Step 2: Application Fee Payment
- After the completion of the application, form candidates have to pay the application fee of amount Rs 2100/- for general category candidate and Rs 1050/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Mode of payment
Candidates can pay the application fee both online(net banking/credit/debit card)and offline mode(e-challan).
Step 3: Printout of the application form
After the completion of the above process, candidates have to submit the filled application form and have to take a print of it for future references.
JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria of Joint Admission Committee (JAC) to know the requirement to fill the application form. If the applicants are not able to satisfy the criteria then they will be ineligible for admission.
|Marks to be Secured||General category candidates must have secured 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 (or equivalent) examination and SC/ST/PH category candidates must have scored 55% aggregate marks.|
|JEE Main||Since admissions will be done based on JEE Main scores, the candidates must have qualified the examination with valid scores.|
|Medical Health||The candidates must have good mental and physical health.|
Joint Admission Committee (JAC) Chandigarh B.Tech 2023 Admission Procedure
Check the Admission procedure for B.Tech admission 2023:
Step 1: Online Registration
The candidates will have to register online by entering the following details:
- JEE Main (2021) Roll Number and application no
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
Step 2: Online Choice Filling
After the completion of the registration, the candidates are required to submit their choices of Institute and Branch according to their preference.
- Applicants are required to submit a set of combined choices for Engineering.
- Applicants can fill in as many numbers of choices as they want to from the list of available choices according to their preferences.
Step 3: MOCK Counselling
Based on the number of registered candidates who have submitted their choices the system will be able to provide an idea of the seat that may be allotted. This ‘Mock Counselling is done to help the candidates to finalize the most appropriate choice of Institutions.
- The indicative seat availability will be shown twice during the specified period. Applicants are advised to visit the website regularly for more updates.
- The final allotted seat may be different from the indicative seat availability.
Step 4: Choice Locking and Printing of Locked Choices
- Applicants must lock their choices only when they have finalized them.
- The locking of choices involves a few steps after the LOCK button is clicked and that includes: re-entering the password and confirming the locking.
- Candidate must follow all the steps carefully to complete the locking procedure.
- After the choices are locked, applicants will not be able to change their choices.
- Candidates must take a print of the filled choices along with the terms and conditions agreed by the candidate at the time of registration is displayed only if the choices are locked.
JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 Counselling
Candidates can read the given below JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 counselling procedure to avoid any kind of inconvenience.
There will be a total of three rounds of counselling:
First Round of Counselling
All the choices submitted by applicants during Counselling will be processed and the results will be available on the website only.
- In the first round of seat allotment, a combined seat allotment process will be executed including Sports & Defence candidates.
- Candidates who will be satisfied with the allotted seats are required to pay the admission fee and submit the willingness for upgradation for the subsequent rounds, failing which their allotted seat will automatically be cancelled.
- The applicants will not be considered for subsequent rounds of Counselling except the SPOT Round of Counselling.
- Candidates can pay the fee using any one of the modes (Debit Card/Credit Card/ Internet banking/e-Challan) and online submission of willingness for the subsequent rounds will be treated as reporting against the allotted seat.
- Based on the candidate’s fee payment and willingness, allotted seats and vacant seats will be displayed for the second round of Counselling.
Second Round of Counselling
- No new registrations will be allowed in the second round of counselling.
Who is Not Eligible for the counselling
- Candidates who have not paid the Admission Fee after the first round of allotment of the seat or have Withdrawal after getting admission in the first round.
Who is Eligible for the counselling
- Registered candidates who were not allotted a seat in the first round.
- This type of candidate can visit the website and modify their earlier choices (OPTIONAL) if they want.
- Candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “Noupgradation”.
- Candidates who were allotted a seat in the first round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “Yesupgradation”.
Third Round of Counselling
- No new registrations will be allowed in the third round of Counselling.
Who is Not Eligible:
Candidates who have not paid Admission Fee after both first and second round of counselling and have withdrawn after getting admission in 1 st/2nd round.
Who is Eligible:
- Registered candidates who were not allotted any seat in the first/second round of allotment.
- Candidates who were allotted a seat in the first/second round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “Noupgradation”
- Candidates who were allotted a seat in the second round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “Yesupgradation”.
Physical Reporting at finally Allotted Institute
All the candidates who have paid the admission fee after the seat allotment in the First/Second/Third round will have to physically report to the final Allotted Institute to complete the admission process.
- All participating institutes are required to update the Physical Reporting status of the candidates online so that the actual vacant seats and required seats can be calculated for the last SPOT round of Counselling.
- Vacancy for the SPOT round of Counselling will be published on the official website of Joint Admission Committee.
Documents required for the verification
- JEE Main(2019) Result
- Marks Sheet of class 12th .
- Class X Certificate
- Character Certificate from the last attended institute.
- Migration/Transfer Certificate
- Gap Year Affidavit is required from the candidates who have appeared for the12th exam earlier than year 2020.
- Certificate from the institution where the candidate has already taken admission (Original Certificate)
- Caste Certificate in case of reserved category candidates.
JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 Seat Allotment
Candidates will be allotted seats as per their score in the JEE Main, preference of colleges and course and availability of seats.
- The result of the allotment will be declared by the authorities in online mode separately for each round.
- After checking the allotment status, the selected applicant will have to report to their respective institute for document verification and fee payment.
- If the candidates fail to verify their document or pay the fee then their allotted seats will be cancelled by the authorities.
JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 Participating Institutes
Given below is the list of the participating institutes for JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2021 in which candidates will be allotted seats:
|S.No||Participating Institutes||Courses offered|
|1||University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh||Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in
|2||Dr S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh||Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in
|3||University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur||Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in
|4||Chandigarh College of Architecture||Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)|
|5||Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology||Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in
The Information provided above is according to the previous year data and references.
JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023 Highlights
Check the overview of Joint Admission Committee B.Tech Admission from the table given below:
|Admission Name||JAC Chandigarh B.Tech Admission 2023|
|Conducting Body||Joint Admission Committee (JAC), Chandigarh|
|Level of Admission||State Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Admission||Through JEE Main|
|Purpose of Admission||To provide admissions into the B.Tech courses offered by the participating institutes.|