JSTSE 2021 or Junior Science Talent Search Examination Online Application Form for Admission under EWS/DG category for session 2021-22 has been started by the Science Branch of the Education Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi. All the students studying in class 9 of any recognized school of Delhi are eligible to apply for the Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha. JSTSE 2021 Exam takes place in the month of January. There is no examination fee charged for this test. The exam consists of two papers. The selected candidates in the JSTSE exam will be awarded scholarships for higher education. To get more details about the JSTSE Application Form, exam dates, syllabus, results, etc, from this article.
Online Application Form For Admission under EWS/DG category for session 2021-22
JSTSE 2021 Exam Status
The candidates who are eligible for the Delhi Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha also known as JSTSE 2021 must check the exam status and other latest updates from the table given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JSTSE 2021: Registration, Eligibility, Exam Date, Syllabus, Result, Awards
|JSTSE 2021 Registration||Started|
|Exam||December/ January 2021|
JSTSE 2021 Important Dates
The Department of Education, Govt of NCT of Delhi, will announce the application form and exam dates of the Junior Science Talent Search Examination on its website. However, candidates can check the tentative dates of the JSTSE application form and exam dates from the table given below:
|JSTSE 2021 Events||Dates|
|Availability of JSTSE Application Form||Started|
|Directorate of Education, Science Branch will generate Roll Numbers of the candidates and allot Centre of Examination by||September 2021|
|Schools will take a print out of the admit card duly attested by HoS and issue to the students by||September 2021|
|Date of JSTSE 2020 or Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha||January 2022|
|Release of answer key||A few days after the exam|
|Raise objections against this answer key||Till one week after the release of the answer key|
|Release of final answer key||Last week of January 2022|
|Release of JSTSE 2021 result||February 2022|
JSTSE 2021 Application Form
The JSTSE/ Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha Application Form 2021 will be available in online mode. Candidates must note that there is no application fee to apply for Delhi JSTSE 2021 exam. The applicants must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship test. In order to fill the Delhi Junior Science Talent Search Examination (JSTSE) scholarship application form, the candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Initially, the candidates must visit the portal of the Directorate of Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- In the latest updates section, candidates must click on the Applicant Login.
- A new user has to do the registration by giving the required details. Once the registration is successful, the candidates will receive a user id and password on their email id.
- Now using the user id and password candidates must log in to fill the application form.
- Once the application form is complete, the candidates must preview it before the final submission.
- An applicant must attach their recent passport size photograph along with the JSTSE application form.
- If all the details are correct, then the applicants can submit the application form to their respective schools.
- Also, take a few copies of the application form for any future references.
- However, schools can also register their candidates using the School login ID and password.
- The schools should submit all the received application forms to the Directorate of Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
Documents Required to Apply for JSTSE 2021
The following documents are mandatory for applying for the Junior Science Talent Search Examination Delhi:
- A copy of the Result of Class VIII
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Valid Email ID and Mobile number
- Category Certificate (If Needed)
- EWS Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (issued by the concerned authority)
JSTSE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are applying for the Junior Science Talent Search Examination must check the eligibility criteria. The conducting authority will accept the applications from only those candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility. The basic eligibility requirements for JSTSE 2021 are given below:
- Any student of recognized school studying in Class IX in Govt./ Govt. Aided/ Public/ KV/ Navodaya/ NDMC schools of the NCT of Delhi.
- An applicant must have secured at least 65% marks in class VIII.
- A relaxation of 5 percent marks will be provided to SC/ ST PwD students in this scheme.
- An applicant must be only from Delhi state. Any student from any other state studying in Delhi cannot be part of this scheme.
- An applicant must be studying in registered government or government-aided schools.
- Dropouts/ students who have a gap year cannot participate in this scheme.
- There is no age limit or minimum family income for applying for JSTSE prescribed by the conduction authority.
JSTSE 2021 Exam Pattern
The conducting authority of the Junior Science Talent Search Examination, also known as Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha, conducts an online test. This talent search exam is to evaluate the candidates on the basis of their knowledge of basic science and its applications. The exam consists of two papers. So, the candidates must check the JSTSE 2021 Exam Pattern before appearing for the exam. The details of the exam pattern are given below:
- Mode of Exam: Offline
- Duration of Exam: 200 Minutes
- Number of Questions: 200 Questions
- Type of Questions: Objective (MCQ)
- Total Marks: 200
- Marking Scheme: +1 marks for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: No Negative marks for incorrect response
|Paper||Subject||Total Question||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|Paper I||General Knowledge||50||50||50|
|Paper II||General Science and Mathematics||150||150||150|
|TOTAL||200 Questions||200 Marks||200 Minutes|
JSTSE 2021 Answer Key
The examination authority will release the provisional answer key of the Junior Science Talent Search Examination.
- JSTSE answer key will be released one or two days after the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates can download the answer key and match their responses. In case, if there is any discrepancy or confusion in any answer, the students can raise objections against that particular question.
- The official authority will re-examine the disputed answer and will release the final answer key.
- There can be no further changes made in the final answer key of JSTSE.
- The result will be announced on the basis of the final answer key.
JSTSE 2021 Result
Once the examination process is over, the official authority will announce the result of the Delhi Junior Science Talent Search Examination online. Candidates who have appeared in the exam can download their results through registration/ roll number and date of birth. The features of the JSTSE Result are given below:
- JSTSE Result will be declared online by the Directorate of Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- Applicants can download their results through their Registration/ Roll number and date of birth.
- The result will contain details like marks scored by the candidate in each of the papers, total marks, and qualifying status.
- It will also display the remarks on whether the applicant has been qualified for the scholarship.
- JSTSE result will be based on the final answer key released by the conducting authority.
JSTSE 2021 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Junior Science Talent Search Examination, now known as, Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha Scheme|
|Short Form||JSTSE 2021 Scholarship Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi|
|Level of Exam||State-level|
|Exam Date||January/ February 2022|
|Scholarship Amount to be provided||Rs. 5,000|
|Number of Beneficiaries announced||1,000|
|Who can participate||Class 9th Students|
About Directorate of Education, Delhi
The Education Department of the Govt. of NCT of Delhi aims at promoting quality education at primary, secondary, and higher secondary levels. Middle, Secondary and Senior Secondary education is primarily looked after by the Directorate of Education, Government of Delhi. The Education Department of Delhi functions to promote education to all students from various social backgrounds. Various local bodies, MCD and New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), run a number of middle, secondary, senior secondary schools in its area at present. Apart from this, a number of private organizations receiving Grant-in-Aid from the Government are also engaged in imparting education at all levels of schooling.
FAQs on JSTSE 2021
Q1. I do not have the domicile of Delhi. Can I apply for Junior Science Talent Search Examination?
Ans: The candidates must have a domicile of Delhi issued by the concerned authority. Any student of recognized school studying in Class IX in Govt./ Govt. Aided/ Public/ KV/ Navodaya/ NDMC are eligible for JSTSE 2021.
Q2. Is the JSTSE Application Form available in offline mode?
Ans: No, candidates can apply for JSTSE 2021 only in online mode.
Q3. Is there any examination fee for JSTSE 2021?
Ans: No there is no examination fee charged for the Junior Science Talent Search Examination.
Q4. What is the syllabus of JSTSE 2021?
Ans: The syllabus of JSTSE is similar to the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE/ ICSE/ State boards.
Q5. How many scholarships are awarded for JSTSE every year?
Ans: There are 150 scholarships announced for JSTSE every year.
Q6. How will I receive the JSTSE Scholarship?
Ans: The scholarship of the JSTSE will be transferred directly into the student’s bank account.