National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences will be holding UG and PG entrance exam online. The PG entrance exam will be held on September 29 and 30, 2020. On the other hand, the UG entrance exam will be held on October 1, 2020. NIMHANS Entrance Exam Online Registration for session 2 will be started from 1 August 2020(Tentative) and will end on 31 August 2020(Tentative). NIMHANS is one of the most prestigious institutes for Post Graduate Medical Studies in India. About 20,000 candidates take the NIMHANS entrance exam for entry into 6 years DM/MCh and 3 years MD Psychiatry at NIMHANS. National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences is the conducting body of NIMHANS 2020. Each year, the authority organizes this entrance exam for offering admission to the courses like PhD, Post Doctoral, Superspeciality, Post Graduate, PG Diploma Courses; DCNT / CCNT / DPN / DNN and B.Sc.
Candidates, who are willing to take admission in NIMHANS 2020 or are interested in NIMHANS 2020 admission, should go through the official notification and apply accordingly. The exam will be held online and it includes multiple-choice questions.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2020: Session 1& 2 Dates, Application Form, Admit Card - Admissions
- NIMHANS will be holding UG and PG entrance exam online. The PG entrance exam will be held on September 29 and 30, 2020. On the other hand, the UG entrance exam will be held on October 1, 2020.
- Candidates can download the Admit Card by 13 September 2020 for Session 1.
- NIMHANS Entrance Exam Online Registration for session 2 will be started from 1 August 2020(Tentative) and will end on 31 August 2020(Tentative).
NIMHANS 2020 Important Dates
|Publication of Advertisement for Admission||17 January 2020|
|Commencement of Online Registration||17 January 2020|
|Closure of Online Registration|
|Online Entrance Exam||29 Sep 2020 (PG-Medical & Non-Medical)
30 Sep 2020 (PG)
01 Oct 2020 (UG)
|Result||To be announced|
|Commencement of Courses||01 July 2020|
|Publication of Advertisement for Admission||01 August 2020|
|Commencement of Online Registration||01 August 2020|
|Closure of Online Registration||31 August 2020|
|Online Entrance Exam||18 October 2020|
|Interview and Counseling||04 November 2020|
|Interview for P.hD||06 November 2020|
|Commencement of Courses||01 January 2021|
Official website : www.nimhans.ac.in
NIMHANS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must satisfy the required eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The information is given below about eligibility criteria.
|DM Degree in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology||Should have done three years MD/DNB courses in Radiodiagnosis|
|DM Degree in Neurology||Should have done five years post-MBBS degree or three years Post MD/DNB in Internal (General) Medicine or Paediatrics|
|DM Degree in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry/ Addiction Psychiatry/ Geriatric Psychiatry||Three years MD/DNB course in Psychiatry|
|DM Degree in Neuroanaesthesia||Three years MD/DNB course in Anaesthesia|
|DM Degree in Neuropathology||Three years MD/DNB course in Pathology|
|M.Ch. Degree in Neurosurgery||Should have done five years post-MBBS degree or three years Post MD/DNB in General Surgery|
|Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry||MD/DNB course in Psychiatry|
|Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia||MD/DNB course in Anaesthesia|
|Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neurocritical Care||Should have done MD/DNB in Anaesthesia/ DM in Neuro anaesthesia/ DNB in Neurosurgery /MD in Internal Medicine/ DM/DNB in Neurology or M.Ch.|
- For PG Medical and Super speciality programmes, the age of candidates should not be more than 32 years (for MBBS degree holders) and 35 (for PG Medical degree holders).
There will be a relaxation of 5 years (in the case of SC/ST) and 3 years (OBC candidates) in upper age limit.
- In case of sponsored/deputed candidates, the age should not be more than 45 years as on the date of commencement of courses.
- Employees of NIMHANS, who are interested or willing to apply for PhD, before registering for PhD should have at least 10 years of service.
How to apply Application Form?
The Interested and Eligible candidates can obtain the NIMHANS Application forms for all the courses through online mode only via visiting the NIMHANS official website. It should be noted that candidates have to be filled and submitted via online mode. No other mode will be entertained excepted online. The candidates who are Eligible or come under the Eligibility criteria can apply for a maximum of three courses only.
The Online application form of NIMHANS involves the following process:
- Online Registration
- Entering basic details
- Eligibility details
- Uploading of photograph, signature and documents
- Application fee payment
- Print of application
The candidates need to submit their application, apart from an online application through proper channel and they should also appear for the Common Entrance Test. Such candidates have to produce the sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format and must upload it along with the online application.
Candidates can pay the fee through Debit/Credit cards online.
|Category||For PG Courses||For UG Courses|
|General/OBC/Foreign Applicants||Rs. 1500 (Per Course)||Rs. 1,000 (Per Course)|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 1,000 (Per Course)||Rs. 750 (Per Course)|
|PwD Category||No Application fee||No Application Fee|
NIMHANS 2020 Admit Card (Session 2)
Admit card of NIMHANS will only be available online at the official website. Eligible candidates who applied for the exam can download the NIMHANS 2020 admit card by putting their application number and password in the required fields. Admit Card will not be sent via post individually.
On the exam day, candidates need to carry the hall ticket as a print copy. It is not issued via post or any other medium. The admit card is issued separately for session 1 and session 2. The admit card will consist of information like test center address and name, test date, reporting time, and other important instructions.
NIMHANS Seats Matrix
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences courses and seat matrix is given below:
Doctorate in Medicine (DM)
- Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology: 04 Seats (01 seats for sponsored)
- Neurology: 10 seats
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: 04 Seats (02 seats for sponsored)
- Addiction Psychiatry: 02 Seats
- Neuroanaesthesia: 04 Seats
- Neuropathology: 02 Seats (01 seats for sponsored)
- Geriatric Psychiatry: 02 Seats
- Neurosurgery: 06 seats
- Psychiatry: 37 Seats
- i) 21 seats – All India selection
- ii) 08 seats – Domiciles of Karnataka
iii) 06 seats – Candidates from Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura & Uttarakhand domicile only
- iv) 02 seats – Sponsored candidates of which one seat is for the domicile of Karnataka, if sponsored candidates are not available, the seats will go to the general pool, Decided not necessarily state-wise but solely on overall Merit.
- Neurology: 4 seats
- Neurosurgery: 4 seats
NIMHANS 2020 Selection Criteria
Mode of Selection: National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences selection criteria for PG courses is Online Entrance Test + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission. Candidates can take the review of all the courses selection criteria from below.
|Name of Course||Mode of Selection|
|P.hD||Online Entrance Test (50%) + Interview (50%).|
|DM||Online Entrance Test with min (50%) + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission.|
|Post Doctoral Fellowship Courses||Online Entrance Test|
|Fellowship Courses||Online Entrance Test (UR/OBC- 50% & SC/ST- 45%) + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission|
|MD in Psychiatry Course|
|Master of Public Health|
NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2020
- NIMHANS is an online objective pattern PG Entrance Exam conducted for admission to direct M.Ch. Neurosurgery/DM Neurology and MD Psychiatry courses.
- For all these courses a common entrance exam is conducted and a separate Merit list is published for every course.
- The exam is conducted twice a year – for the January and the July session but due to Covid-19, this year the examinations will be held in September and October.
NIMHANS 2020 Entrance Exam Pattern
Entrance examination is conducted through online mode and it contains of multiple choice objective type questions (MCQ) which a candidate should needs to solve in a duration of 90 minutes.
There will be 100 MCQ type questions. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for an incorrect answer.
- Mode of Exam – Online mode.
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions.
- Duration of Exam – 90 min.
- Negative Marks – 0.25 will be deducted for wrong answer and no marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
NIMHANS 2020 Result
The result will be released on the official website. Students can check their result online. The result will be released after a few days of the examination. It is declared in the form of a selection list and in PDF form for each admission session – 1 and 2. After the declaration of result, Ph.D. candidates have to appear for an interview while shortlisted candidates for other courses have to appear for document verification.
nimhans pg entrance exam 2020, nimhans pg exam 2020, nimhans exam 2020, nimhans exam date 2020, nimhans pg 2020 exam date, nimhans entrance exam syllabus, nimhans mphil entrance exam 2020, nimhans 2020 application form.