JEE Main 2019 will take place on in January and April 2019. A Notification is released in November stating some important facts such as dates regarding the filling of Online Application Form, Date of the Examination, etc. One of the important changes in the Application Procedure for JEE Main 2018 was that the student should have a valid Aadhaar Card. According to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Candidates will have to enter their Aadhaar Card Details while applying for JEE Main 2019. Candidates can start applying for JEE Main 2018 from 01 December 2017. The use of Aadhaar for the candidates of JEE Main 2019 will result in the accuracy of the candidates’ details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the applicant at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle-free manner. Aadhaar card obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity. For more details on Aadhaar Card, candidates can read the article on Aadhaar Card Compulsory for JEE Main Candidates below.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main April Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- SRM Univ. B.Tech Admission Open Apply Now
- UPES Admission 2019 Batch is Now Open Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- KIIT Bhubaneswar Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- Banasthali University (Women Only) Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
Latest Update: JEE Mains 2019 Form started. Click here> Application Form.
JEE Main 2019 result declared. Click here to know your result.
Note: Now Aadhaar is not mandatory as notified by National Testing Agency.
JEE Main 2019 Official Notice
- Candidates who are the citizen of India should have a UIDAI issued AADHAAR card.
- Candidates will have to mention their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth, and gender
- These details will be verified against the UIDAI database. In the case of discrepancy, the exam conducting authority will cancel his/her candidature.
- In the case of discrepancy regarding the details in Aadhaar Card, Aspirants should immediately contact the concerned authority.
Supreme Court about Aadhaar Card Compulsory for JEE Main Candidates
Supreme Court under Chief Justice K.S. Puttaswamy in 2015 gave a judgment that Aadhaar Card is scheme is voluntary and it cannot be necessary until the Supreme Court decides it. If we go by this rule, MHRD, Government of India cannot impose this rule on the Students in India.
Problems faced by the Students
Aspirants applying for JEE Main 2018 will face difficulties because of this rule. Even today, there are many states such as Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, etc. where people don’t have Aadhaar Card. Also, dates for JEE Main 2018 Application Procedure are from December 2017 to January 2018. But, this will not be sufficient to get a new ID Card.
The official website of JEE Main is http://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx
For more details regarding JEE Main 2018, Candidates can visit EntranceZone.Com.