Baddi University of Emerging Science and Technology or BUEST, situated at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh is known for providing innovative and superlative education in the field of technology. Established in the year 2002, this university offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering. Also, Baddi University Solan is one of the premier institutes of North India and is known for providing career-oriented education to the students. Further, Baddi University is mainly into project-based learning.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
They include a lot of projects and practical works in their curriculum as according to them, education can be achieved by experiencing it practically. And, University’s 40 acres campus boasts about a superior academic block with spacious classrooms, equipped with all the essential technologies and facilities so as to ensure smooth learning experience for the students. They also have fully equipped modern libraries and state-of-the-art library. Moreover, Proper Accommodation is provided to all the students and faculty staff (maybe inside or outside the campus) and all the care is taken about their hygiene and well-being. For extra-curricular activities, they also have grounds for cricket, football. They also have dedicated courts for basketball and badminton. And, Day scholars are provided proper transportation facility. Finally, Baddi University is dedicated to preparing students for the industrial world, by providing them with innovative and inter-disciplinary knowledge and improving their professional conduct.
Vision and Mission Baddi University
Baddi University is committed to be recognized as one of the premier colleges in India, creating and imparting knowledge so as to prepare industry ready professionals who would make an impact in society.
- Baddi University aims at achieving their vision through Learning and Applying their knowledge by:
- They aim at developing a state-of-the-art learning process.
- Creating appropriate learning environment which can be helpful for the students think out of the box and come up with innovations in various fields.
- Promoting Industry oriented and Project based learning, so that students can gain experience in industries.
They thrive to achieve value-based learning by developing core values of Respect for individual, Integrity, Credibility, and Excellence. According to its chairman, BUEST’s mix of experts in the field of education, thoughtful and credible faculty, dynamic and flexible curriculum, the profound interest in research, and proper academics-industry interaction will make it one of the best choices for students to start their career and boost their professional expertise.
Baddi University takes special care to maintain discipline and decorum in the institute and provides all the basic amenities and facility to all its students. Students who are interested in extra-curricular activities can join various students organized clubs like dramatics, English society, Literary Arts, Fine Arts, and Music. According to the University, it also marks an important feature in the life of a student. They also have various festivals by the name of Master Mind- a technical festival, Emanation- a two-day annual fest.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
Accreditations and Recognitions
- Baddi University was approved by University Grants Commission of India.
- The University was established under Act. 21 of Himachal Pradesh Government.
- Further, This Institute is also approved by HPDHE.
- One of the assistant professors, Dr. Pooja Chauhan won the Won award for Best Paper presentation at 17th National Conference Solid State Nuclear Track Detectors (SSNTD), held at Vadodara.
- Also, They have collaboration with various well-known companies such as IBM (IBM-ICE Program) and Infosys. These programs are aimed at developing a customized industry oriented curriculum.
Baddi University offers numerous courses in B.Tech and M.Tech areas. It is also known for conducting researches in various inter-disciplinary fields and accepts entries for various Ph.D. programs as well. Further, The courses are given in detail in the following article.
B.Tech (4 years)
- Computer Science Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
B.Tech students will have to pay fees of around 1.30 lakh as tuition fees every year. Moreover, Accommodation and Mess charges are not included in the above-mentioned amount. Also, Hostel and Mess charges may together reach around 1 lakh every year. So in total, a candidate aspiring admission in Baddi University will have to spend almost 10 lakhs in total for pursuing B.Tech.
M.Tech (2 years)
- Robotics & Automation Engineering
- Power Electronics and Drivers
- Software Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Production Engineering
A candidate pursuing M.Tech will have to spend around 1.50 lakhs every year at Baddi University (including Mess and Hostel Accommodation).
- Candidates aspiring for admission to the university should have cleared (10+2) or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- Candidate should have Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects and any one of Chemistry/Biology/Computer Sciences or Bio-Technology as the optional subject.
- The first round of admission will be made on the basis of performance in JEE Mains Score.
- Vacant seats after the first round will be filled up on the basis of performance in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates will be selected in M.Tech Program based on GATE score and performance in B.Tech or equivalent course.
- Students can get the Application form by requesting over the phone or personally visiting the campus.
- And, Students will have to pay an admission fee of Rs. 750 for the same.
- However, Candidates can also apply online. Such students will have to pay the application fees online.
- Further, Students will have to appear for Baddi Merit Examination and selected students, who fulfill the criteria can apply for counseling.
- And, Candidates will have to get their documents verified and pay the admission fees.
- Students are advised to keep an extra set of all the documents and extra photographs with them when they come for counselling. Any discrepancy can result in rejection of the candidate.
- Also, Candidate will have to pay the entire admission fees during counselling.
- Finally, Successful candidates will be given an offer of Admission. Further, Students should keep that letter safely and produce it during orientation before the commencement of the classes.
Baddi University has always been sincere about the various research work that they conduct and project-based study oriented programs. And, Idea Factory is one such initiative that offers students labs and workshops that are amply equipped to cater all the stages of product development cycle such as brainstorming, designing, prototyping & testing. Further, It is an incubation center where various innovative ideas are converted to reality.
Baddi University of Emerging Sci. & Technology(BUEST)
District. Solan, H.P.-173205