Presidency University Admission 2021 has commenced. The university conduct PUBDET and PUMDET examination for the admission into various UG & PG programmes. It offers BA (H), B.Sc (H) courses at the UG level and MA, M.Sc courses in various specializations at the PG level in full-time mode. Read the whole article to know other relevant details.
Presidency University Admission 2021 Status
- PUBDET 2021 is scheduled to be held on 07 and 08 August 2021.
- PUMDET 2021 will be held on 14 August 2021
Presidency University Admission 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can find below the tentative important dates of all the events:
|Events||PUBDET 2021||PUMDET 2021|
|Availability of Application Form||19 March 2021||06 April 2021|
|Last date to fill the application form||08 April 2021||24 April 2021|
|Form correction||09 – 10 April 2021||22 – 23 Apr 2021|
|Issuance of admit card||02 – 07 Aug 2021||09 – 14 Aug 2021|
|Date of Examination||
07 to 8 August 2021
|14 August 2021|
|Declaration of result||to be announced||to be announce|
WBJEE will conduct common entrance test PUBDET-2021 and counselling for admission into various three-year B.A./B.Sc. (Honours) Undergraduate Courses in the Presidency University for 2021-22 academic session.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|BA (H)||Bengali||10+2 with 60% in aggregate and 65% in Bengali||PUBDET score followed by counselling|
|English||10+2 with 65% Marks in aggregate|
|Hindi||10+2 with 60% in aggregate and 60% in Hindi|
|History||10+2 with 65% in aggregate|
|Philosophy||10+2 with 60% in aggregate and 65% in English|
|Sociology||10+2 with 60% in aggregate|
|B.Sc (H)||Economics||10+2 with 70% in aggregate with Physics & Chemistry + (Mathematics or Statistics) + Biology||PUBDET score followed by counselling|
|Chemistry||10+2 with 70% in aggregate (with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and 80% in Chemistry|
|Geography||10+2 with 70% in aggregate with any 3 of 11 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, History, Geography, Geology)|
|Geology||10+2 with 70% in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Mathematics||10+2 with 70% in aggregate and 80% in Mathematics|
|Physics||10+2 with 70% in aggregate and 80% in Physics + Mathematics combined|
|Statistics||10+2 with 70% in aggregate and 80% in Mathematics or Statistics|
|Life Sciences||10+2 with 70% in aggregate and 80% any Life Science related subject|
Presidency University PG Admission 2021 Courses & Eligibility Criteria
WBJEEB will conduct common entrance test PUMDET-2021 and counselling for admission into various two-year M.A./M.Sc. Postgraduate Courses in the Presidency University for 2021-22 academic session.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Presidency University Admission 2021: PUBDET, PUMDET
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|MA||Bengali||Bachelor’s degree with 50% in Bengali (Honours)||PUMDET score followed by counselling|
|English||Bachelor’s degree with 50% in English (Honours)|
|Hindi||Bachelor’s degree with 50% in Hindi (Honours)|
|History||Bachelor’s degree with 50% in History (Honours)|
|Philosophy||Bachelor’s degree with 50% in Philosophy (Honours)|
|Sociology||Bachelor’s degree with 50% in Sociology (Honours)|
|Political Science||Bachelor’s degree with 50% in Political Science (Honours)|
|M.Sc||Life Sciences||Bachelor’s degree with 60% marks in B.Sc. with Honours in any branch of Biological Sciences||PUMDET score followed by counselling|
|Chemistry||Bachelor’s degree with 60% in Chemistry (Honours)|
|Mathematics||Bachelor’s degree with 60% in Mathematics (Honours)|
|Physics||Bachelor’s degree with 60% in Physics (Honours)|
|Statistics||Bachelor’s degree with 60% in Statistics (Honours)|
|Geography||Bachelor’s degree with 60% in Geography (Honours)|
|Applied Economics||Bachelor’s degree with 60% in Economics (Honours)|
|Applied Geology||Bachelor’s degree with 60% in Geology (Honours)|
How to Apply for Presidency University Admission 2021?
The candidates can check the important details related to PUBDET and PUMDET application form given below:
- The application form of Presidency University was released through online mode and candidates had to fill all the required details to register themselves.
- To avoid the rejection of form, candidates must fill their personal and educational details like marks, address, etc.
- The photograph and signature must be uploaded in a specified format and size.
- Once the payment is done, candidates should take the printout of payment proof and application form.
- Aspirants will have to submit their properly filled in Application Form along with attested copies of the required documents. Candidates can see the list of required documents below:
- Standard XII Mark Sheet
- Standard X Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate of the school last attended
- Migration Certificate (For all the Non-Karnataka students)
- Entrance Exam scorecard ( JEE Main Score Card in case that was the entrance exam)
- Passport Size Photographs (5 in No’s)
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through Debit/Credit card or Net Banking.
- Application Fee will be non-refundable.
- No other mode will be available to submit the application fee.
Candidates have to pay Rs. 500 as an application fee.
|Tuition Fees||Rs 1, 25, 000|
|Annual Fees||Rs 19, 750|
|Hostel Charges||Rs 75, 000|
|Total||Rs 2, 19, 750|
Presidency University Admission 2021 Highlights
Check below in the table Presidency University Kolkata Admission 2021 short summary:
|Name of the University||Presidency University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Application Fee||INR 500|
|Entrance Exam||UG: PUBDET
Ph.D: Ph.D Entrance Test
Vision and Mission
Presidency University works with the aim to be the value-driven global acclaimed University, and excelling beyond competitors and preparing students into professionals having integrity and character along with concern and care for society.
- Presidency University aims to be an innovative and creative institution by pursuing excellence in research and knowledge creation.
- It thrives on pursuing research and development activities and wants to disseminate it to the community.
- It wants to create and apply learning in an interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary environment with proper consideration for ecological, ethical, and economic aspects of national enhancement.
- Presidency University provides knowledge-based modern technological support to industry for its growth and development.
- It thrives to provide skill-sets to students through flexible and organised course curriculum and also support the industry’s requirement.
Student’s Life at Presidency University
Presidency University along with a well-designed and rigorous curriculum provides students with numerous opportunities for extra-curricular activities so as to enrich their cultural knowledge. There are a wide variety of events related to culture such as singing, dancing, creative writing, debates, etc. It also holds various cultural events throughout the year. They also have various students managed clubs such as Literary Club, Quiz Club, Robotics Club, Photography and Art Club, etc.
Accreditation and Recognition
Presidency University is a private university established under the Karnataka Act No 41.
The university is having University Grants Commission (UGC) approval to confer degrees at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
It is having accreditation with a Grade ‘A’ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council. And also have AICTE approval for management courses. It was considered the Most Promising Institute in South India by British South India Council of Commerce and Business Meet in 2014.
It was considered the Most Promising Institute in South India by British South India Council of Commerce and Business Meet in 2014.