CUSAT CAT 2021 exam dates are 16, 17 and 18 July 2021. It is Entrance Exam for taking admission in Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT), which is a government-owned autonomous university. This university conducts the Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET) & Departmental Admission Test (DAT) every year. These tests are the basis for admission in the UG, PG & PhD Programmes in various streams of academic & professional education of the university.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Status
CUSAT 2021 Exam Dates
|Starting of application form||10 March 2021|
|Last date to submit applications||31 March 2021|
|Remittance fee (Online only)||10 March to 08 April 2021|
|Last date to submit form with late fee||15 April 2021|
|Last date to submit form (M.Tech)||21 April 2021|
|Last date to submit form with late fee (M.Tech)||30 April 2021|
|Availability of admit card||June 2021|
|CUSAT 2021 exam date||16th, 17th & 18th July 2021|
|Releasing of answer key||July 2021|
|Declaration of result||July 2021|
|Starting of counselling||July 2021|
- Candidates will be able to download the Admit Card once all the Application Form deadlines are over.
- Candidates should check all the details related to Admit Card carefully. They should verify:
- Enrollment Number
- EMAIL ID
- Phone Number
- Test Center
- It is mandatory to carry the Admit Card to the Examination Center. Candidates cannot enter the Examination Hall without showing their Admit Card.
- They should preserve the Admit Card for Counselling Procedure as well.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Each Programme has different eligibility criteria. Mentioned are the eligibility criteria for CUSAT CAT 2021 All Courses.
- He/She must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should hae10+2 or the corresponding exam of the state of Kerala or any other from a recognised board /university.
- Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as important subjects in their class 12th.
- Candidates must have secured 50% marks in Mathematics in class 12th
- In aggregate also, 50% marks is required.
Note: The eligibility criterion for SC/ST candidates is passing marks in their qualifying exam apart for Marine Engineering.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- CUSAT CAT 2021 All Courses Exam will consist of two papers.
- Paper 1-Maths
- Paper 2- Physics and Chemistry
- Mode: Online Mode
- Duration: 2 Papers (3 Hours Each).
- Type: Multiple Choice Questions.
- Number of Questions: 250
- Marking Scheme: 3 Marks for Correct Response. 1 Mark will be deducted for Incorrect Response.
- Total Marks: 750 Marks.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Awarded|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Application Form
- Candidates will have to fill the form Application Form online only. they cannot fill the Application Form offline.
- Candidates will first have to register.
- They will then have to sign in using their credentials and fill the Application form as directed.
- Candidates can see the link to Application Form or information brochure in the case of any confusion.
- Once the Application Form is filled properly, Candidates will have to pay the below-mentioned fees according to their category.
- Candidates will not have to send any documents via post. It is recommended that they take a print out of the CUSAT Application Form for future references.
|General Candidates||Rs. 1000|
|SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 500|
|International Candidates /PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers||US$100|
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CUSAT CAT 2021: Cochin University Entrance Exam
Additional Fee for the Candidate opting for Dubai as test centre
|Ph.D & M.Phil Programmes||Rs. 1000( Rs. 500 for SC/ST Candidate)|
|PDF ,Diploma, Certificate Programme||Rs. 100 (Rs. 50 for SC/ST Candidate)|
Note: Candidates can pay the fees only in Online Mode. Acceptable modes of payments are Credit/Debit Cards or Net Banking. No offline Method is Allowed.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates should have a knowledge of the detailed syllabus for CUSAT CAT 2021 All Courses. The Syllabus will be similar to that of JEE MAIN 2021. Candidates can see the detailed syllabus below.
CUSAT CAT Physics Syllabus
|Chap1- Physics And Measurement
Chap3- Laws Of Motion
Chap4- Work, Energy, and Power
Chap5- Rotational Motion
Chap7- Properties of Solid And Liquids
Chap9- Kinetic Theory of Gases
Chap10- Oscillation and Waves
Chap12- Current Electricity
Chap13- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
Chap14- Electromagnetic Waves
Chap15- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Chap16- Atoms and Nuclei
Chap17- Electronic Devices
Chap18- Communication Systems
CUSAT CAT CHEMISTRY SYLLABUS
|Chap1- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
Chap2- States of Matter
Chap3- Atomic Structure
Chap4- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Chap5- Chemical Thermodynamics
Chap8- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
Chap9- Chemical Kinetics
Chap10- Surface Chemistry
Chap11- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Chap12- General Principles and Process of Isolation of Metals
Chap14- S- Block Elements
Chap15- P- Block Elements
Chap16- F-Block Elements
Chap17- D and F-Block Elements
Chap18- Environmental Chemistry
Chap19- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
Chap20- Some Basic Principle of Organic Compounds
Chap22- Organic Compounds containing Oxygen
Chap23- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
Chap25- Chemistry in Everyday Life
CUSAT CAT MATHEMATICS SYLLABUS
|Chap1- Sets, Relations and Functions
Chap2- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equation
Chap3- Matrix, and Determinants
Chap4- Permutations and Combinations
Chap5- Binomial Theorem and its simple application
Chap6- Sequence and series
Chap7- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
Chap8- Integral Calculus
Chap9- Differential Equation
Chap10- Coordinate Geometry
Chap11- Three Dimensional Geometry
Chap12- Vector Algebra
Chap13- Statistics and Probability
Chap15- Mathematical Reasoning
Courses Offered through CUSAT CAT 2021
|B .Tech||50% marks in Mathematics in qualifying exam + aggregate 50% in PCM|
|B .Tech Instrumentation Technology||Minimum 60% in entrance exam+55% in PCM & 55% in Mathematics separately|
|B .Tech Naval Architecture & Ship Building||Having 60% marks in 12th board+50% in Mathematics individually + 50% in PCM all together|
|B .Tech Marine Engineering||Minimum 60% in 12th board +66% in the qualifying exam + securing 50% in English in 10th as well as 12th
Vocational/Diploma candidates can’t apply for CUSAT CAT.
Above 25 yrs of age are not eligible for this course
|3 Year LLB||Candidates must have secured minimum 40% in bachelor’s degree in any stream (35% for SC/ST)|
|MBA||Passing a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks in total.
Applicants must possess a valid score in MAT, CMAT or CAT.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Highlights
Candidates can check the CUSAT Common Admission Test 2021 examination given below:
|Exam Name||CUSAT CAT 2021|
|Conducting Body||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
|Course||Undergraduate and Post-graduate courses|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Official website||https://admissions.cusat.ac.in/|
|Exam Mode||Online (CBT)|
|Exam Purpose||To offer admission into various under-graduate and post-graduate courses.|