CUSAT CAT 2020 All Courses exam is Entrance Exam for taking admission in Cochin University of Science & Technology (CUSAT), which is a government-owned autonomous university. This university conducts the Common Admission Test (CAT), Lateral Entry Test (LET) & Departmental Admission Test (DAT) every year. These tests are the basis for admission in the UG, PG & PhD Programmes in various streams of academic & professional education of the university.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
Read about upcoming CUSAT CAT 2020 Examination Here.
Online Registrations for CUSAT 2020 willl be started in March 2020. Last day to fill the Application Form with Late Submission Fees will be in March 2020. Aspirants should have proper knowledge about all the details such as CUSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria, CUSAT 2020 Important Dates, etc. They can see the details regarding the same in the article below.
CUSAT 2020 Notifications
- Candidates can apply for CUSAT in March 2020 ( with late submission fees).
- CUSAT 2020 Examination date will be in April 2020. There will be two papers. Paper 1 will be from 9.30 AM to 12.30 AM and Paper 2 will be from 2 PM to 5 PM.
|Exam Name||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test|
CUSAT 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can see the details regarding CUSAT 2020 Important Dates below.
|Online Registrations starting date||February 2020|
|Last Date of Online Registration||February 2020 (For Indian & NRI Candidates) Last week of April 2020 (For International Candidates /PIO/Children of Indian Gulf workers.
Last week of April 2020 (For International Candidates /PIO/Children of Indian Gulf workers.
|Arrival of Admit Card||April 2020|
|Examination Date||April 2020(9.30 am to 12.30 pm) & (2 pm to 5 pm)|
|Declaration of Result (CAT)||May 2020|
CUSAT CAT 2020 All Courses Results
- CUSAT Results will be displayed on the Official Website in April 2020.
- Candidates will be able to see their results by giving their roll number.
- Merit Students will have to appear for counselling.
CUSAT Admit Card
- Candidates will be able to download the Admit Card once all the Application Form deadlines are over.
- Candidates should check all the details related to Admit Card carefully. They should verify:
- Enrollment Number
- EMAIL ID
- Phone Number
- Test Center
- It is mandatory to carry the Admit Card to the Examination Center. Candidates cannot enter the Examination Hall without showing their Admit Card.
- They should preserve the Admit Card for Counselling Procedure as well.
Exam Pattern of CUSAT CAT 2020 All Courses
- CUSAT CAT 2020 All Courses Exam will consist of two papers.
- Paper 1-Maths
- Paper 2- Physics and Chemistry
- Mode: Online Mode
- Duration: 2 Papers (3 Hours Each).
- Type: Multiple Choice Questions.
- Number of Questions: 250
- Marking Scheme: 3 Marks for Correct Response. 1 Mark will be deducted for Incorrect Response.
- Total Marks: 750 Marks.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Awarded|
Eligibility Criteria for CUSAT CAT 2020 All Courses
Each Programme has different eligibility criteria. Mentioned are the eligibility criteria for CUSAT CAT 2020 All Courses.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
- He/She must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should hae10+2 or the corresponding exam of the state of Kerala or any other from a recognised board /university.
- Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as important subjects in their class 12th.
- Candidates must have secured 50% marks in Mathematics in class 12th
- In aggregate also, 50% marks is required.
Note: The eligibility criterion for SC/ST candidates is passing marks in their qualifying exam apart for Marine Engineering.
CUSAT 2020 Application Form
- CUSAT Application Forms are now available. The last date to fill the Application Form for CUSAT will be in March 2020.
- Candidates will have to fill the form Application Form online only. they cannot fill the Application Form offline.
- Candidates will first have to register.
- They will then have to sign in using their credentials and fill the Application form as directed.
- Candidates can see the link to Application Form or information brochure in the case of any confusion.
- Once the Application Form is filled properly, Candidates will have to pay the below-mentioned fees according to their category.
- Candidates will not have to send any documents via post. It is recommended that they take a print out of the CUSAT Application Form for future references.
|General Candidates||Rs. 1000|
|SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 500|
|International Candidates /PIO/ Children of Indian Gulf Workers||US$100|
Additional Fee for the Candidate opting for Dubai as test centre
|Ph.D & M.Phil Programmes||Rs. 1000( Rs. 500 for SC/ST Candidate)|
|PDF ,Diploma, Certificate Programme||Rs. 100 (Rs. 50 for SC/ST Candidate)|
Note: Candidates can pay the fees only in Online Mode. Acceptable modes of payments are Credit/Debit Cards or Net Banking. No offline Method is Allowed.
VIDEO ON HOW TO FILL THE CUSAT 2020 APPLICATION FORM
CUSAT CAT Syllabus
Candidates should have a knowledge of the detailed syllabus for CUSAT CAT 2020 All Courses. The Syllabus will be similar to that of JEE MAIN 2020. Candidates can see the detailed syllabus below.
CUSAT CAT Physics Syllabus
|Chap1- Physics And Measurement
Chap3- Laws Of Motion
Chap4- Work, Energy, and Power
Chap5- Rotational Motion
Chap7- Properties of Solid And Liquids
Chap9- Kinetic Theory of Gases
Chap10- Oscillation and Waves
Chap12- Current Electricity
Chap13- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
Chap14- Electromagnetic Waves
Chap15- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Chap16- Atoms and Nuclei
Chap17- Electronic Devices
Chap18- Communication Systems
CUSAT CAT CHEMISTRY SYLLABUS
|Chap1- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
Chap2- States of Matter
Chap3- Atomic Structure
Chap4- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Chap5- Chemical Thermodynamics
Chap8- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
Chap9- Chemical Kinetics
Chap10- Surface Chemistry
Chap11- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Chap12- General Principles and Process of Isolation of Metals
Chap14- S- Block Elements
Chap15- P- Block Elements
Chap16- F-Block Elements
Chap17- D and F-Block Elements
Chap18- Environmental Chemistry
Chap19- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
Chap20- Some Basic Principle of Organic Compounds
Chap22- Organic Compounds containing Oxygen
Chap23- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
Chap25- Chemistry in Everyday Life
CUSAT CAT MATHEMATICS SYLLABUS
|Chap1- Sets, Relations and Functions
Chap2- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equation
Chap3- Matrix, and Determinants
Chap4- Permutations and Combinations
Chap5- Binomial Theorem and its simple application
Chap6- Sequence and series
Chap7- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
Chap8- Integral Calculus
Chap9- Differential Equation
Chap10- Coordinate Geometry
Chap11- Three Dimensional Geometry
Chap12- Vector Algebra
Chap13- Statistics and Probability
Chap15- Mathematical Reasoning
CUSAT 2020 Reservations
|Reservations||Percentage of Seats|
SEBC includes the following sub-category:
- Other Backward Hindu
- Latin Catholic Including Anglo-Indian
- Other Backward Christian
- Pot-making castes
|Download last year Rank/Merit List of Admitted students at CUSAT B.Tech|
Counselling of CUSAT CAT 2020 All Courses
Counselling Schedule will be released shortly after the results for CUSAT CAT Exam are released. Students featuring in the merit list will be able to attend the counselling procedure. Candidates will get admission on the basis of choices, ranks, and vacancy.
Candidates may refer to the website regarding any query.
Courses Offered through CUSAT CAT 2020 All Courses
|B .Tech||50% marks in Mathematics in qualifying exam + aggregate 50% in PCM|
|B .Tech Instrumentation Technology||Minimum 60% in entrance exam+55% in PCM & 55% in Mathematics separately|
|B .Tech Naval Architecture & Ship Building||Having 60% marks in 12th board+50% in Mathematics individually + 50% in PCM all together|
|B .Tech Marine Engineering||Minimum 60% in 12th board +66% in the qualifying exam + securing 50% in English in 10th as well as 12th
Vocational/Diploma candidates can’t apply for CUSAT CAT.
Above 25 yrs of age are not eligible for this course
|3 Year LLB||Candidates must have secured minimum 40% in bachelor’s degree in any stream (35% for SC/ST)|
|MBA||Passing bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks in total.
Applicants must possess a valid score in MAT, CMAT or CAT.
This article covers up almost all the essential details regarding applying procedure, eligibility criteria and exam pattern of CUSAT CAT Exam undertaken by huge n Wide Range of Courses available at CUSAT. Download CUSAT Prospectus Here.
Candidates are thus advised to keep themselves updated by following all the latest updates and notifications related to this exam as well as studying accordingly the exam pattern and syllabus provided by the University for this Exam. Here’s all luck from our side, all the best!