SASTRA University B.Tech Admissions: (Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy) has released the application form on 02 April 2020. It provides admission in various Ug and PG and PhD courses such as Engineering, Science, Education, Management, Law and Arts. For the academic year 2020-21, SASTRA University will admit the eligible candidates for its UG Engineering courses (B.Tech) based on the scores of JEE Main 2020 and class 12 Examination aggregate marks of the candidates. Candidates may read the whole article regarding the SASTRA University admission 2020 B.tech.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Latest Update: JEE Main 2020 Exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency.
Sastra University B.Tech 2020 Important Dates
The Important dates of SASTRA University admission 2020 are given below
|Application Form Availability||02 April 2020
|Application Form last date||27 June 2020
|Rank List release||27 June 2020|
|Counselling Procedure||July 2020|
SASTRA University B.Tech Admissions 2020 Application Form
The details regarding the SASTRA 2020 Application form are given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about SASTRA University B.tech Admissions: Application Form (Started), Dates
- The SASTRA Application form for SASTRA University 2020 admissions for the Academic year 2020-21 has been started from 02 April 2020 onward.
- The application form will release in online mode as well as offline mode.
- Candidates may fill the details correctly as no correction window will be provided.
- Candidates can fill a single application form, multiple forms will lead to rejection of the candidate.
How can I Apply for SASTRA B.Tech Admission 2020?
Candidates can get their SASTRA Application Forms through the following modes-
- Applicants can obtain the application form in person from the admission office at the SASTRA University campus in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam or at their registered office in Chennai.
- Candidates can also get their Application Forms of SASTRA University B.Tech Admissions (2020) at some selected branches of City Union Bank and Indian Overseas Bank.
- Download and submit via Post:
A link will be updated here for the applicants to click and download the application form.
They can fill up their application forms and send it by post on receipt of DD in the favour of SASTRA University payable at Thanjavur.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
- Online filling of Application Form:
Applicants can fill up and submit their application form online as well. A link to the application forms will be provided here on this website.
Application Fee Payment
The SASTRA application fee details are given below:
- Candidates can pay the application fee through online as well as offline mode.
- Online: Debit card, credit card or net banking
- Offline: through demand draft.
- Applicants need to pay Rs. 600/- via Online or Rs. 650/- via Demand Draft as the Application form fee.
SASTRA Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the SASTRA Eligibility criteria of SASTRA University 2020 admission are given below:
|Qualifying examination||Candidates must pass 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology as one of the optional/vocational subjects.|
|Required pass percentage||Candidates should have passed from any recognised State Board/Central Board or other equivalent examination, securing a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Bio-Technology/ Computer Sc./ Biology in a single sitting.|
|Age limit||The Candidates should be of age below 19+ years as on 01 July 2019 (21 years for lateral entry).|
|Lateral entry||Applicants with the Diploma in Technology/ Engineering can apply for direct admission to the second year of the relevant B.Tech. programmes.|
SASTRA University B.tech 2020 Admissions Procedure
The details regarding the SASTRA University B.Tech admission procedure are given below:
- Admissions to the B.Tech. programs will be conducted under two streams.
- All the candidates will be eligible for both the streams and they need not submit two separate Application forms for this.
- Applicants can attend counselling for stream 2 even after they are admitted through Stream 1 and they can change branch later if they wish to.
Each Application form shall be considered for both the streams which are:
- JEE Main 2019 scores and +2 Marks (for 70% seats)
- +2 Marks only (for 30% seats)
Stream 1 Admission:
- Applicants under this stream will be admitted to the 70% of the seats based on their JEE Main 2020 scores and normalized +2 marks.
- The weightage for JEE Main scores and +2 scores are 25% and 75% respectively.
- The aggregate of the two will be taken together as per the weight and a merit list will be made based on the resultant combined score.
- As an example, if a student scores 185 in Jee Main and got a Normalized aggregate of 95% in the +2 examination, the combined score of the student will be (0.25*185) + (0.75*95) = 117.5
- The combined score of all the candidates will be used to determine the SASTRA rank and admissions will be based on that.
Stream 2 Admission:
- Under this stream, admissions will be done based on the Normalized aggregate +2 or its equivalent marks for the remaining 30% seats.
- In order to bring all candidates from different examining Authorities/Boards on the same scale of comparison, the marks will be normalized.
- A first rank student in each board will be considered as 100% and the aggregate marks of all other students of that board will be normalized accordingly.
- As an example, If the first rank is 97% and an applicant’s aggregate is 90% then his/her normalized percentage is 92.78 (90/97 X 100) A merit list will be made based on the ranks according to these normalized marks of the applicants.
- There are 9 hostels for boys and 5 for girls.
- 1st-year students (B.Tech) will have shared accommodation at an annual rent of Rs. 8,000/-.
- The mess charges will be around Rs. 2,400/- per month.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2020 Rank List
The details regarding the SASTRA University 2020 is given below:
- SASTRA University B.Tech Rank list will be released tentatively in the month of June 2020.
- The rank list will be provided by the university on the basis of their merit.
- Rank list will contain the names of the Qualified candidates.
SASTRA University 2020 Counselling
The details regarding the SASTRA 2020 admission counselling are given below:
- SASTRA Deemed to be University will conduct Counselling for the Qualified candidates tentatively in the third week of June 2020.
- The Counselling will be conducted in an Offline mode.
- Candidates must get themselves registered for the counselling process and get their documents verified to get a seat in the desired programme.
Documents to be Submitted during SASTRA Counselling
The documents required during the SASTRA counselling are listed below:
- Demand Draft in favour of SASTRA University, payable at Thanjavur.
- 10+2 or equivalent mark sheet.
- JEE Main 2020 Score Card (if applicable).
- Recent Passport Size Photograph.
- Transfer Certificate from the Institute last attended.
- Migration Certificate (if applicable).
SASTRA University 2020 Courses Available
The following B.Tech courses are offered at SASTRA University:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering.
Sastra B.Tech Fee Structure 2020
The fee structure of Sastra B.Tech admission 2020 for the reference is given below.
Amount (in Rs.)
Rs. 55,000/- per semester
Rs. 10,000/- (one-time payment)
Sports and Unit test fee
Rs. 1,000/- per annum
Special fees, Registration fees, Medical Exam fees, etc
Rs. 6000/- (one-time payment)
SASTRA University Contact Info:
Office of Admissions
Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu- 613401
Phone number: 04362 264 010/101-108
SASTRA University Admission 2020 Highlights
The overview of SASTRA 2020 admission are given in the table below:
Name of Admission
Sastra B.Tech Admission
SASTRA Deemed to be University
Level of Admission
Category of Admission
JEE Main 2020 and Qualifying exam scores
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on Sastra University B.Tech Admission 2020 .”
Email: [email protected]
sastra university admission procedure, sastra university kumbakonam, sastra university contact number, sastra university nri admission, sastra results nov 2019, sastra university lateral entry admission 2019, sastra university ranking, sastra university architecture.