DASA UG 2022 Admission of Students will be done to Undergraduate courses of Engineering and Architecture programs in premium B.Tech colleges like NIT’s, IIIT’s, SPA’s and CFTI’s (Centrally Funded & Premier Technical Institutes). The admission is based on the SAT score and the aspirants should have a minimum total valid score of 1800 in SAT Subject Tests. This Scheme is led by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India for the candidates like Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/Non Resident Indians (NRIs)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal is the coordinator for DASA UG and DASA PG.
Check JEE Main 2023 Notification here.
DASA UG Admission 2022 Status
Candidates can check DASA status from below:
|Exam Status||No official notification has been released for an application form.|
The UG admissions for the academic year 2022-22 under the DASA scheme shall be on the basis of the ranks obtained by the students in JEE(Main) 2022
DASA UG 2022 Important Dates
Candidates can check the schedules for the DASA UG 2022 from the table below.
|Application form Available||11 June 2022|
|Application form last date||11 June 2022|
|First round of seat allotment||24 – 27 June 2022|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 1||30 June 2022|
|Second Round of seat allotment||30 June – 03 July 2022|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 2||06 July 2022|
|Third Round of seat allotment||06 – 09 July 2022|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 3||10 – 13 July 2022|
|Choice refilling and new applicants registration||17 July 2022|
|Fourth Round of seat allotment||17 – 20 July 2022|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 4||21 – 26 July 2022|
|Reporting to allotted Institutions by candidates of all Rounds||29 July 2022|
|Releasing of vacant seat matrix for spot round||30 July – 01 August 2022|
|Choice refilling and new applicants registration for spot round||03 August 2022|
|Spot Round against vacant seats & spot round allotment||04 – 08 August 2022|
|Reporting to allotted Institutions by candidates of spot round||August 2022|
DASA UG 2022 Application Form
The application form for DASA Undergraduate and postgraduate programs for Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/Non Resident Indians (NRIs)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will be released by NIT Karnataka, Surathkal through online mode. Candidates can check the steps to fill the application form from the points below:
- The Authority will release the online application form from 02 April 2020(tentative) at their official website.
- Further, candidates have to enter their E-mail id to create an account to complete the registration process generated by the system.
- Applicants will have to fill the form correctly and upload scanned photograph, signature and required documents on the application page.
- Applicants have to save the applicant id and password for future references.
- Candidates have to submit the required application fee. Take the printout of the duly filled-in application form.
DASA UG 2022 Application fee
Candidates can check the DASA 2022 application fee through the below-given table:
|Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWG)||US $ 300/-|
|DASA (Non -SAARC)||US $ 300/-|
|DASA (SAARC)||US $ 300/-|
DASA UG 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the vital points below before filling the application form.
- Age: Applicants must be born on or after 01 October 1995, And DOB according to the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate.
- Academic Qualification: Candidate must have passed 12th bords with 60% or 6.5 CGPA as Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology).
- Mandatory Requirement: Candidate must have qualified SAT with minimum qualifying score in Mathematics Level 2, Physics and Chemistry.
Important Information about SAT
Following are the detailed information regarding Scholastic Assessment Test for DASA Process.
- Examination Name: Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).
- Subjects or Knowledge/skills tested: Writing, critical reading, mathematics.
- Colleges accepting SAT: Most universities and colleges offering undergraduate programs in the U.S.
- Number of Applicants: Over 1.71 million high school graduates in the class of 2017.
- The year started: 1926
- Exam Conducting Body: College Board, Educational Testing Service
- Duration: 3 – 4 hours
- Coordinating Institute: Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur
- Colleges under DASA UG 2022: National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs), and other premier Technical Institutions in India.
- DASA official Website: www.dasanit.org
List of Participating Institute in DASA 2022 UG
The provisional list of DASA scheme 2020-21 of 45 participating institutions are as follows, Keep visiting the website of DASA-2022 for the final list. And candidates are advised to visit the websites of the individual Institutes for detailed information.
National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
|S.No.||Name of Institute||Website|
|1.||National Institute of Technology, Agartala, Tripura||www.nitagartala.in|
|2.||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh||www.mnnit.ac.in|
|3.||National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh||www.nitap.in|
|4.||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh||www.manit.ac.in|
|5.||National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala||www.nitc.ac.in|
|6.||National Institute of Technology, Delhi||www.nitdelhi.ac.in|
|7.||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, West Bengal||www.nitdgp.ac.in|
|8.||National Institute of Technology, Goa||www.nitgoa.ac.in|
|9.||National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh||www.nith.ac.in|
|10.||Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan||www.mnit.ac.in|
|11.||National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab||www.nitj.ac.in|
|12.||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand||www.nitjsr.ac.in|
|13.||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana||www.nitkkr.ac.in|
|14.||National Institute of Technology, Manipur||www.nitmanipur.in|
|15.||National Institute of Technology, Mizoram||www.nitmz.ac.in|
|16.||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, Maharashtra||www.vnit.ac.in|
|17.||National Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar||www.nitp.ac.in|
|18.||National Institute of Technology, Puducherry, Karaikkal||www.nitpy.ac.in|
|19.||National Institute of Technology, Raipur, Chhattisgarh||www.nitrr.ac.in|
|20.||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Orissa||www.nitrkl.ac.in|
|21.||National Institute of Technology, Sikkim||www.nitsikkim.ac.in|
|22.||National Institute of Technology, Silchar, Assam||www.nits.ac.in|
|23.||National Institute of Technology, Srinagar||www.nitsri.net|
|24.||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat||www.svnit.ac.in|
|25.||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Karnataka||www.nitk.ac.in|
|26.||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu||www.nitt.edu|
|27.||National Institute of Technology, Warangal, Telangana||www.nitw.ac.in|
|28.||National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya||www.nitmeghalaya.in|
|29.||National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand||www.nituk.ac.in|
Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
|S.No.||Name of IIITs||Website|
|1.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, (Jhalwa & Amethi Campus), UP||www.iiita.ac.in|
|2.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur, MP||www.iiitdmj.ac.in|
|3.||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Chennai||www.iiitdm.ac.in|
Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs)
|S.No.||Name of Architecture & Planning Institute||Website|
|1.||School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal||www.spabhopal.ac.in|
|2.||School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi||www.spa.ac.in|
|3.||School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada||www.spav.ac.in|
Other Premier Technical Institutions
|S.No.||Name of CFTIs||Website|
|1.||PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh||www.pec.ac.in|
|2.||Delhi Technological University, Delhi||www.dce.ac.in|
|3.||Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi||www.iiitd.ac.in|
|4.||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punjab||www.sliet.ac.in|
|5.||National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi, Jharkhand||www.nifft.ernet.in|
|6.||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar||www.pdpu.ac.in|
|7.||National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad||www.aurangabad.nielit.gov.in|
|8.||Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi||www.nsit.ac.in|
|9.||Tezpur University, Assam||www.tezu.ernet.in|
|10.||Indian Maritime University||www.imu.edu.in|
Note: For Indian Nationals students, admission to the above colleges will be on the basis of Joint Entrance Examination (Main) conducted by National Testing Agency.
DASA UG 2022 Important Information
Candidates can check some important information regarding DASA 2022 through the below-mentioned points:
- All selected foreign nationals must obtain a valid student visa as applicable to their category issued by the Indian Missions abroad. The visa can be obtained by producing the provisional admission letter and other important documents at the Indian Missions located in their respective countries.
- The applicants should ensure that they are medically fit to pursue the course of study they wish to. The aspirants will be required to submit the medical certificate from an authorized medical practitioner in their country or India for general fitness. Furthermore, the applicants will have to undergo a medical fitness test at the time of reporting at the concerned institute. If the applicant is not fir then his admission may get rejected.
- There is a scholarship programme for Diaspora children, for higher and technical education in India.
DASA UG 2022 Highlights
Candidates can get the detailed information of highlights of DASA exam 2022 through below given details
|Exam Name||DASA UG Admission 2022|
|Conducting Body||Direct Admission of Students Abroad|
|Level||For International Students|
|Course||Undergraduate Programmes in Engineering/Architecture/Planning|
|DASA Official Website||https://academics.mnnit.ac.in/new/|
|Exam Purpose||To offer admission to Foreign Nationals/PIOs/NRIs in Undergraduate Programmes in Engineering/Architecture/Planning in various Prestigious Institutes of India|
dasa 2019 notification, dasa 2019-20, dasa 2019 brochure, dasa nit 2019, dasa 2019 cutoff, dasa 2019 admission, dasa 2019.
My Son Yashraj is currently student of Grade-12th, School-US Board high school Diploma. He is studying in Math, Physics & Chemistry in his grade-12th.
He appeared in SAT Exam and Score: 1340/1600
He also appeared in SAP subject Test just last week but he participated in following:
Math/ Physics/ English as optional between 2 Subject (Chemistry/English)
Please confirm in case he has not appeared in Chemistry than still he will able to apply for NIT’s under NRI Quota ?
Awaiting your expert reply.
Dear Umendra Pratap Singh Sir,
If you read the eligibility criteria in DASA UG Information Brochure. You ward is eligible as per section 2.1.2 of the academic eligibility.
“Applicant should have successfully completed Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects
from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as
applicable in the respective boards.” Where Chemistry comes into “one of the subjects” and “Mathematics, Physics” are compulsory. Hope this solves your query but keep an eye on 2019 information brochure of DASA, which is yet to be published. I am also emailing you a copy of DASA UG 2018 Information Brochure.
My son has SAT 2370 score for CS OR ECE suggest some good college under DASA preferably in Delhi.
Can we go ECE at IIITD if CS not available under this score.
Tell me after admission in IIITD , can he eligible for SPDC scholarship like other NIT.
Pl. revert back.
Greetings from khaja
Please clarify that, can I take the admission based on my choice university & subject with the fee of $ 4300/-
it was acceptable or not.
Khaja S Afzal
Check DASA 2019 UG Brochure Released at DASA Official Website, Link Given in Article
I scored 1860 on the SAT 2 exam. Pls let me know in which are the colleges I will get admission as I am looking for ECE or EEE branch.