Candidates who are planning to drop a year after class 12 or dropping a year for IIT JEE exam must read this article. This article will be also beneficial for those who have thought of dropping 2 years after class 12.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
NTA conducts the JEE Main exam. NTA conducts the exam twice a year in the month of January and April. Around 12 – 13 lakh candidates compete for few thousand seats in JEE exam. JEE Main result of the candidates will determine the admission opportunities for them. Based on the score and the cutoff, candidates will get admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.
The final factors of dropping the year for most of the candidates will be the branch and institute they want to get selected in. The question that arises in the candidate’s mind is whether to give an attempt for the exam or to drop the year and prepare for the next year.
Disadvantages Of Dropping A Year For IIT / JEE Exam
There are numerous factors for not dropping a year for the IIT JEE exam are listed below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Disadvantages Of Dropping A Year For IIT / JEE Exam
- Candidates have only three attempts
- The authority has clearly mentioned that every candidate has only three chances to appear for the JEE Main exam.
- The attempt starts from the year candidate is appearing for class 12. The point is that if the candidate will drop a year or two for the preparation of the exam, they will lose their number of attempts.
- Candidates should not waste the chance and should appear for the exam.
- The candidate even if not get selected will at least get to know how to prepare and cover their mistakes.
- The syllabus is clear and memorized
- The candidates appearing or just appeared in class 12 have a more clear understanding of the concepts and topics of IIT syllabus as it is completely based on the CBSE, ICSE and states board exams.
- Candidates who might drop a year will have to study the concepts again and have to invest more time and money for the preparation of the exam.
- Since the competition is increasing every year, students cannot risk by taking a drop as chances of clearing the exam next year would be risky and can lead to demotivation.
- Increase in number of applicants every year
- Candidates who are having a thought to drop the year for the preparation should know that the number of applicants appearing for the examination is increasing every year.
- Dropping the year might help the candidate to be prepared but eventually will increase the competition too.
- The number of candidates applying for the exam will directly make it harder to get a good rank.
- Candidates should appear in the exam and may give their best.
- Candidates who are dropping a year for IIT / JEE exam is not advised to the candidates.
- Candidates who are not much prepared should rather than dropping the exam, give the exam and understand how to come back with better preparation.
Official webiste: www.nta.nic.in