JEE Main 2020 Exam Center change has been allowed by the NTA from 09 – 14 April 2020. The notice has been released on 09 April 2020 regarding the same. NTA conducts the JEE Main 2020 exam twice a year(January and April). JEE Mains 2020 exam is a state-level exam for admission in various engineering and Architecture courses in colleges such as IITs, NITs, CFTIs etc. Previously, candidates were not allowed to change the JEE Main exam center. However, NTA has released this facility due to the bad effect of COVID-19. Candidates are advised to read the whole for complete information regarding how to change the JEE Main Exam centre.
Latest Update: JEE Main has allowed changing the JEE Main 2020 Exam center from 09 – 14 April 2020. The JEE Main 2021 is being conducted in multiple Sessions (February/March/April/May 2021). Check JEE Main 2021 Detailed Information Here.
The important dates related to change in the exam center is given below:
|Exam center Change Dates||09 – 14 April 2020|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Center Change Allowed
According to the latest notice by NTA on 09 April 2020, Candidates can now change the JEE Main exam center from 09 – 14 April 2020. The exam center can be changed using the Application correction window. Though previously NTA was not providing this facility. But due to seeing the situations of COVID-19, NTA has taken the step to allow candidates to change the exam center. Candidates can check the official notification below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about How to Change JEE Main 2020 Exam Centre?
How to Change the JEE Main 2020 Exam Center?
The steps to change the JEE Main exam center is given below:
- Visit the official website of the JEE Mains.
- Login using the application id and password.
- Click on the link”Correction in Application form” to change the JEE Main exam center.
- A new window will be redirected on the screen.
- Candidates can now change the exam center as well as other details.
For details regarding the correction in the Image Discrepancy. Click here
About JEE Mains 2020
The vital information regarding the JEE Main 2020 is given below:
- JEE Mains 2020 is a national level exam.
- National Test Agency(NTA) conducts the exam twice a year in January and April.
- The exam is conducted for admissions in various engineering and architecture courses.
- Through this exam, candidates can enter prestigious colleges such as IITs, NITs and CFTs etc.
- The exam is conducted in online mode through CBT.
Change JEE Main 2020 Exam Center
Though there is no provision for change of the exam centre but considering the situations in which it is really not possible for you to appear for JEE Main exam at allotted centre NTA has given this method to request for change of the exam centre.
Candidates can try to submit the request for change of JEE Main exam centre using JEE Main 2020 Query Redressal System.
Candidates will need around 10 minutes to make the request using the same.
How to use JEE Main 2020 Query Redressal System to request a change of examination city?
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below for using the JEE Main 2020 Query Redressal system:
Login to JEE Main 2020 Account
Candidates have to first login to your JEE Main account using Application Number and Password or Application Number and Date of Birth provided during the registration.
Query Redressal System
- After Login, the candidate may click on the query redressal system option.
- Then select “Request for Exam City Change after display of Admit Card” by scrolling down the “Query Type” option.
Mention Reason of Change of Exam Centre:
- Candidates are advised to provide a valid reason in detail for the request.
- Candidates may note that only valid reasons will be considered and all other requests will be rejected by the authority.
Upload Supporting Documents:
- Candidates may attach all the documents which support your reason for the change in the exam centre.
- After uploading the document, candidates may submit the system.
Submit the System:
- Click on the Submit button for submission of the Query Redressal System.
- After submission, candidates work is done and are requested to keep checking the status.
- Candidates can check the status by login in their JEE Mains account using their login id and password.
The important guidelines regarding the request for change of exam centre are mentioned below:
- NTA will go through all the queries submitted by the candidates.
- NTA will accept the request to change the exam centre of all the candidates having a valid reason.
- Candidates without a valid reason are requested to give the exam at the allocated centre as their request will be rejected by the authority.
- Candidates will have to upload the document to prove that their reason is valid.
Exam Center Change
As per the official information provided at the time of application submission, there is no way to change JEE Main 2020 Exam Center Allotment once it is allocated.
JEE Main Official website: www.jeemain.nta.nic.in