Jee Main 2020 New Exam Date in June: MHRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal stated that JEE Main is likely to be held on 18–23 July 2020 due to the pandemic of COVID-19 Lockdown. The minister has said that all the stakeholders (NTA, IITs, School Boards, other agencies etc.) involved in the logistic operations are being consulted before the decision is made. Confirmed dates will be announced by the authority soon.
When the centre has announced the lockdown till 14 April then NTA has postponed the exam till last week of May 2020. But, due to the lockdown extension authority has also decided to postpone the JEE Main. There are reports in the media that IIT Admission may be based on the JEE Main for this year. Candidates can read the complete article to know more about the JEE Main examination 2020.
Jee Main 2020 New Exam Date
MHRD Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has officially stated that JEE Main 2020 will most likely be held on 18–23 Jul 2020.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Jee Main 2020 New Exam Date 18–23 Jul 2020: MHRD Confirmation
|JEE Main 2020 April Session||Exam Dates|
|Application form correction window (Extended Dates)||01 April to 03 May 2020|
|Change exam center cities online||09 April to 03 May 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 April Session admit card download|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Date (New Date)||18–23 July 2020|
|Release of answer key and response sheet||3-4 days after exam|
|Objections on answer key||2-3 days from release|
|Final answer key release date||along with result|
|Declaration of result (NTA score)||Not yet announced|
|Declaration of All India Rank||Not yet announced|
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for JEE Main from the given below list:
- Candidates must have cleared 12th standard from any recognized board or institute.
- Candidates must have passed with at least 50% in 12 standards and PCM as the main subject in 12th standard.
Offered Courses through JEE Main
Given below is the list of courses offered through Joint entrance examination Main BTech and BE.
Candidates who will qualify in JEE can apply for BTech/BE in various branch like:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication etc.
Instructions About JEE Main Examination
Candidates must read the instructions for Mains examination form the section given below:
- Applicants must carry the hard copy of admit card in exam hall otherwise they will not be allowed to give the exam.
- The exam will be conducted in CBT Mode, therefore, candidates will not be allowed to carry any kind of paper in the examination hall.
- The restricted things are given below:
- Any kind of pen and paper.
- Digital Clock
- Water bottle etc.
- If a candidate found doing unfair means then they will be disqualified from the exam.
How to prepare for JEE Main 2020 during lockdown?
Look into JEE Main 2020 preparation kit For Lockdown:
Aspirants preparing for JEE Main exam during lockdown is different from normal preparation in the following given ways.
- Candidates cannot go to tuition, and coaching.
- Many Students still waiting for their board papers (most national and state boards have postponed exams).
- All the family members are at home 24×7 which is a different environment.
- The exam dates are yet to be announced and lot of uncertainty around that.
- Preparation depends on 100% self-studies.
- Students are relaying more on online mock test and materials.
JEE Main Highlights
Check the overview of JEE Main from the table given below:
|Exam Name||JEE MAIN|
|Full Name||Joint Entrance Examination Mains|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency(NTA)|
|Frequency||Twice in a year|
|Purpose||To offer admission in various engineering courses.|
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main)
JEE is also known as Joint Entrance Examination or engineering entrance examination which is conducted for admission into various engineering colleges in India at the national level. JEE Main is conducted by NTA. It is constituted by two different examinations which are JEE Main and the JEE Advanced. From 2019 Jee Mains is conducted twice in a year.