Thapar University Admission 2020 online application form has been released for all courses. Thapar University conducts this exam for admission for various UG and PG courses. Thapar University is located in the state of Punjab, in Patiala. Thapar University offers various courses such as BCA, MCA, B. Tech, M. Tech, B.Tech Biotechnology, BE-MBA, M. Sc, M.A. etc. to the eligible candidates. Thapar University offers admissions in B.E/B.Tech courses on the basis of JEE Main scores. Candidates may check the complete details regarding the Thapar university admission 2020.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Latest Update: JEE Main 2020 Application Form has been released for various UG and PG courses. Click here> Application Form.
Thapar University Entrance Examination Dates
Following is the table showing important dates of UG and PG programmes for the Thapar University Examination 2020:
|Online Registration date||Started|
|Online Registration last date for UG courses||29 April 2020|
|last date for PG and PhD programmes||30 June 2020|
|Counselling Round First||29 April 2020|
|Counselling Round Second||15 June 2020|
|Counselling round Thrid||07 July 2020|
|Counselling round Fourth||31 July 2020|
MBA Important Dates:
The important dates of MBA for Thapar university admission 2020 are given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Thapar University Admission 2020: Application Form(OUT), Eligibiltiy Criteria
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|Online Registration Starting date||Started|
|Online Registration last date||10 March 2020|
|Shortlisting of students||12 March 2020|
|GD/PI Round, Thapar’s MBA Entrance Test & scholarship test||22 March (At Dera Bassi Campus) & 29 March 2020 (New Delhi)|
|Statement to the selected candidates||02 April 2020|
|Fee Deposition and Final Counselling||18 April 2020|
|Starting of Academic session||01 July 2020|
Candidates can check it out at their official website as well.
Thapar University Admission Application Form
The details regarding the application form given below:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Manav Rachna University
Lovely Professional University
UPES Design Aptitude Test
GNIOT Greater Noida
GD Goenka DAT
UPES Management Entrance Test
- The application form has been started for UG, PG and PhD courses.
- Candidates can fill the form through the online mode.
- The application form is available on the official website.
- The last date to submit the application form is 29 April 2020 for all the courses.
- Candidates may fill the details correctly as no correction facility is provided.
The application fee details are given below:
|For BE/B.Tech/M.Tech, MCA/ME and PhD courses||Rs. 1500/-|
|For M.Sc/M.A/MBA programme||Rs. 1000/-|
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through online as well as offline mode.
- Online mode: Through the debit card, credit card or Net banking.
- Offline mode: Through Demand Draft.
- In case of Demand Draft, it must be drawn in the favour of the Thapar University, payable at the below address:
- In-charge Admission Cell,
- Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology,
- Patiala – 147004.
Thapar University Registration and Application Form
For the purpose of applying, the candidates will have to fill the Application form of the Thapar University. Following are the steps to fill the Thapar University admission form 2020 for B.E/ B.Tech courses:
- Firstly, the Application form will be hosted on the official website of the University.
- Open the link of the ‘Application Form’.
- Then, fill all the personal, contact and qualification details in the form without mistake and must affix a recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Further, they can proceed with the payment of the Application fee.
- Candidates must download the hard copies of the submitted application form for further use
- Moreover, the application fee can be paid online (through Net banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card etc.) or offline through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of:
- In Charge Admission Cell,
- Thapar University,
- Patiala, Punjab- 147004
Thapar University provides various UG, PG and Doctoral level courses which are mentioned below:
- UG Courses: IEP, BE Lateral entry, BE, BE – MBA, etc.
- PG Courses: ME – M.Tech, MCA, Master in Psychology, MSc, PG Diploma (Professional) in clinical and counselling Psychology, etc.
Thapar University Eligibility Criteria
If the candidate fulfils all the below conditions, only then they will be eligible to appear for the examination:
- Nationality: Applicant must be an Indian citizen
- Age: The birth date of the candidate must fall on or after 01 October 1993, 5% relaxation in age of SC/ST/PH candidates.
- 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% (55% for SC/ST) in 3 subjects namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational Subjects.
- Minimum 60% (55% SC/ST) in a Diploma Recognised by AICTE or a State Board Of Technical Education for at least the duration of 3 years.
- At least 72 marks (42 SC/ST) in JEE Main.
- At least 60 aggregate marks (42 marks for SC/ST candidates) in JEE (Main).
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 75% marks (70% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Technical Vocational subject.
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 80% marks (75% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Technical Vocational subject.
- At least 45 aggregate marks (30 marks for SC/ST candidates) in JEE (Main)-2019.
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry and, Biology.
- At least 20% aggregate marks (15% for SC/ST candidates) in NEET.
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 80% marks (75% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- At least 15% aggregate marks (10% for SC/ST candidates) in NEET.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have obtained an aggregate of 60% marks in BE/B.Tech with relevant specialization.
- Entrance Exam: Candidate must have a valid GATE scorecard.
- A candidate qualified with 60% (ST/SC-55%)aggregate marks in GATE does not need to appear for the entrance test.
Thapar University Admit card
The details regarding the admit card are given below:
- Admit card will be released after the successful submission of the Application form.
- The Admit Card will be issued to the candidates through the official website.
- Candidates must check the details on the Admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without the Admit card.
How to Download Thapar University 2020 Admit Card?
Candidates can follow the given below steps to download the Admit Card for the Entrance test conducted by Thapar University.
- Visit the official website of Thapar University.
- And, click on the link of ‘Download Admit card’.
- Also, enter the required details like the Roll number, Date of birth, Password etc.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and the Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Verify the details and then save it.
- Download the admit card and take its print out for further use in the admission process.
Details in Thapar University 2020 Admit Card
The hall ticket/admit card will contain information related to the appearing student and the Entrance Examination. Details in the admit cards are as follows:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Registration number
- Examination centre, time & date
- Signature and photograph of the student
- Instructions for the exam day
Thapar University 2020 Answer Key
The details regarding the Answer keys are given below:
- The University will upload the Answer key designed by the experts and paper setters.
- Answer Key will be available for all the subjects and all the sets of the question paper.
- The students can make use of it to calculate their approximate score in the test.
- The candidates have to download the file of the Answer key from the Official website of the University.
Thapar University Entrance Examination Result
The details regarding the Thapar university admission result is given below:
- The result will be available tentatively in the month of May 2020.
- Firstly, the checking of the MCQ answer sheets is done through a mechanised system.
- Hence, it will require about a month for checking the Answer sheets and uploading the results.
- So, the candidates must visit the University’s website for the results.
- Candidates must enter their Login Id and password created during the registration process.
- The candidates must print the result on A4 size paper and preserve it for further proceedings because the result is a very important document.
- Furthermore, it will be crucial for the later stages of the admission process.
How to Check Thapar University 2020 Result?
Candidates can check the Thapar university result through the following steps:
- Visit the Official Website of Thapar University.
- Now click on the link provided on the website to view the result.
- Enter the Registered Login credentials required to view the result.
- Now the result will be displayed on the screen and candidates will be able to check their qualifying test.
- Download the result and take the Print out of it for use in the further Admission process.
Thapar University Entrance Examination Counselling
The Thapar university counselling details are given below:
- The counselling process will tentatively start by June 2020.
- The qualified candidates whose name has appeared in the rank list and to whom a rank card and Acknowledgement mail have been sent, only those will be allowed to attend the counselling session.
- The selected candidates must bring with them all the required document in their original forms as well as attested copies.
- It is compulsory to attend the Counselling session in person.
- The seat allotment will be done on the basis of availability of seats and the number of applications received.
- For the verification of the document, the candidates must carry the Demand Draft of Rs.1500/-.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Class 12 certificates
- Character certificate
- Copy of the filled application form
- Result and admit card of entrance exam (if applicable)
- Scorecard of the qualifying exam
- Migration certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Category certificate
- Income certificate
- Thapar University Admission 2020 will start from the month of July 2020.
- Candidates will be offered admission on the basis of availability of seats and Merit.
- In case the seats remain vacant, then the seats will be allotted according to the order of the Merit list.
Admission Dates for All courses
The Thapar university admission dates for all courses are given below:
|Events||B.E/B.Tech||B.Tech(Bio-Technology)||LEET, M.E/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc/M.A, PG Diploma|
|Last date to apply for application||29 April 2020||Second week of July 2020||LEET: 15 June 2020 M.Sc,MCA,M.E/M.Tech M.A, PG Diploma (Professional) In Clinical and Counselling Psychology: 30 June 2020|
|Date of test qualifying||On the basis of JEE Main||On the basis of NEET||Offline Tests conducted by TIETLEET: 23 June 2020
M.E/M.Tech (for programs offered by CSED, CED, MED, ECED): 10 July 2020
|Result display||15 May 2020||As declared by the authority||LEET: 03 July 2020
ME/M.Tech: 15 July 2020
|Counselling Commenced||06 May 2020||June 2020||LEET: 19 July 2020 ME/MTech: 17 -18 July 2020|
- For Admission into various courses, it is necessary to appear in the Entrance Examination organised by the University. The examination will take place in offline mode.
- The examination will include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with equal weightage for all three subjects. The portion will be mainly on the basis of class 12 Board.
- Firstly, the admit card will be generated shortly after the successful submission of the online Application form.
- The candidates should go to the website where the admit cards are hosted and are required to enter their ID and password received through E-Mail/ SMS during the registration process.
Thapar University Fee Structure
Below mentioned is the Annual fee structure for different courses available in Thapar University, Patiala. The University is responsible for deciding the fee structure for each course in the new session. For more clarity and information regarding the same, refer to the official website of the University.
|Name of the Course||Duration of the Course||Fees/Annually|
|[B. Tech]-Bachelor of Technology||4 Years||Rs. 8,90,877/-|
|[M. Tech]-Master of Technology||2 Years||Rs. 2,48,410/-|
|[MBA]-Master of Business Administration||2 Years||Rs. 6,20,800/-|
|[M.Sc]-Master of Science||2 Years||Rs. 1,95,100/-|
|[MA]-Master of Arts||2 Years||Rs. 1,45,00/-|
|[MCA]-Master of Computer Application||2 Years||Rs. 4,17,000/-|
Important information is available on the website.
Thapar University B.Tech Admission 2020
- Course Name: Thapar University B.Tech course.
- Exam level: State level.
- Type of course: Under-Graduate.
- Stream: Engineering.
- Name of Entrance process: Thapar Admissions 2020.
- Exam conducting authority: Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab, India.
Finally, “Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on THAPAR UNIVERSITY WEBSITE here.
For more information regarding JEE Main 2020.
thapar university admission 2019 thapar university admission 2019 b tech thapar university address thapar university application form 2019 for btech thapar university recruitment thapar university placements