Thapar University Admission 2020 online application form is going to start from the last week of February 2020 for all courses. Thapar University is located in the state of Punjab, in Patiala. Thapar University offers many streams of the Engineering and hence, it is considered a good Institute of Engineering in Punjab. Also, it offers admission to students for various Under Graduate and Post-Graduation courses. Given below is the summary of Thapar University:
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
Latest Update: JEE Main 2020 Application Form of January session has been started from 03 September 2019. Click here> Application Form.
Thapar University B.Tech Admission 2020
- Course Name: Thapar University B.Tech course.
- Exam level: State level.
- Type of course: Under-Graduate.
- Stream: Engineering.
- Name of Entrance process: Thapar Admissions 2020.
- Exam conducting authority: Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab, India.
Thapar University Entrance Examination Dates
Following is the table showing important dates of the Thapar University Examination 2020:
|Online Registration Available||Last week of February 2020 or starting week of March 2020|
|Online Registration Close||Last week of April 2020|
|Admit Card Download||1st week of May 2020|
|Exam Date||2nd week of May 2020|
|Result Declaration||4th week of May 2020|
|Counselling Round First||2nd week of June 2020|
|Counselling Round Second||2nd week of July 2020|
For Executive MBA:
|Last date to apply for the online application form||Second week of January 2020|
|Interview process||Second week of January 2020|
|Intimation to selected candidates||Third week of January 2020|
|Online Counselling & Fee Deposition||Last week of January 2020|
|Start of the academic session||First week of February 2020|
For all Other Courses:
|Events||B.E/B.Tech||B.Tech(Bio-Technology)||LEET, M.E/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc/M.A, PG Diploma|
|Last date to apply for application||29 April 2020||Second week of July 2020||LEET: 15 June 2020 M.Sc,MCA,M.E/M.Tech M.A, PG Diploma (Professional) In Clinical and Counselling Psychology: 30 June 2020|
|Date of test qualifying||On the basis of JEE Main||On the basis of NEET||Offline Tests conducted by TIETLEET: 23 June 2020
M.E/M.Tech (for programs offered by CSED, CED, MED, ECED): 10 July 2020
|Result display||15 May 2020||As declared by the authority||LEET: 03 July 2020
ME/M.Tech: 15 July 2020
|Counselling Commenced||06 May 2020||June 2020||LEET: 19 July 2020 ME/MTech: 17 -18 July 2020|
Candidates can check it out at their official website as well.
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
Thapar University Registration and Application Form
For the purpose of applying, the candidates will have to fill the Application form of the Thapar University. Following are the steps to fill the Thapar University admission form 2020 for B.E/ B.Tech courses:
- Firstly, the Application form will be hosted on the official website of the University.
- Open the link of the ‘Application form’.
- Then, fill all the personal, contact and qualification details in the form without mistake and must affix a recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Further, they can proceed with the payment of the Application fee.
- Candidates must download the hard copies of the submitted application form for further use
- Moreover, the application fee can be paid online (through Net banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card etc.) or offline through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of:
In Charge Admission Cell,
Patiala, Punjab- 147004
- For BE/B.Tech/M.Tech, MCA/ME and PhD courses – Rs. 1500/-
- For M.Sc/M.A/MBA programme – Rs. 1000/-
Thapar University provides various UG, PG and Doctoral level courses which are mentioned below:
- UG Courses: IEP, BE Lateral entry, BE, BE – MBA, etc.
- PG Courses: ME – M.Tech, MCA, Master in Psychology, MSc, PG Diploma (Professional) in clinical and counselling Psychology, etc.
Thapar University Eligibility Criteria
If the candidate fulfils all the below conditions, only then they will be eligible to appear for the examination:
- Nationality: Applicant must be an Indian citizen
- Age: The birth date of the candidate must fall on or after 01 October 1993, 5% relaxation in age of SC/ST/PH candidates.
- 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% (55% for SC/ST) in 3 subjects namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational Subjects.
- Minimum 60% (55% SC/ST) in a Diploma Recognised by AICTE or a State Board Of Technical Education for at least the duration of 3 years.
- At least 72 marks (42 SC/ST) in JEE Main.
- At least 60 aggregate marks (42 marks for SC/ST candidates) in JEE (Main).
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 75% marks (70% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Technical Vocational subject.
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 80% marks (75% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Technical Vocational subject.
- At least 45 aggregate marks (30 marks for SC/ST candidates) in JEE (Main)-2019.
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry and, Biology.
- At least 20% aggregate marks (15% for SC/ST candidates) in NEET.
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 80% marks (75% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- At least 15% aggregate marks (10% for SC/ST candidates) in NEET.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have obtained an aggregate of 60% marks in BE/B.Tech with relevant specialization.
- Entrance Exam: Candidate must have a valid GATE scorecard.
- A candidate qualified with 60% (ST/SC-55%)aggregate marks in GATE does not need to appear for the entrance test.
- For Admission into various courses, it is necessary to appear in the Entrance Examination organised by the University. The examination will take place in offline mode.
- The examination will include Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with equal weightage for all three subjects. The portion will be mainly on the basis of class 12 Board.
- Firstly, the admit card will be generated shortly after the successful submission of the online Application form.
- The candidates should go to the website where the admit cards are hosted and are required to enter their ID and password received through E-Mail/ SMS during the registration process.
Thapar University Admit card
- Admit card will be released after the successful submission of the Application form.
- The Admit Card will be issued to the candidates through the official website.
- Candidates must check the details on the Admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without the Admit card.
How to Download Thapar University 2020 Admit Card?
Candidates can follow the given below steps to download the Admit Card for the Entrance test conducted by Thapar University.
- Visit the official website of Thapar University.
- And, click on the link of ‘Download Admit card’.
- Also, enter the required details like the Roll number, Date of birth, Password etc.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and the Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Verify the details and then save it.
- Download the admit card and take its print out for further use in the admission process.
Details in Thapar University 2020 Admit Card
Candidates must verify the details present in the Admit card. The hall ticket/admit card will contain information related to the appearing student and the Entrance Examination. Details in the admit cards are as follows:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Registration number
- Examination centre, time & date
- Signature and photograph of the student
- Instructions for the exam day
- The University will upload the Answer key designed by the experts and paper setters.
- Answer Key will be available for all the subjects and all the sets of the question paper.
- The students can make use of it to calculate their approximate score in the test.
- The candidates have to download the file of the Answer key from the Official website of the University.
Thapar University Entrance Examination Result
- Firstly, the checking of the MCQ answer sheets is done through a mechanised system.
- Hence, it will require about a month for checking the Answer sheets and uploading the results.
- Also, the results of Thapar Admission 2020 will be available tentatively in the month of May 2020.
- So, the candidates must visit the University’s website for the results.
- Candidates must enter their Login Id and password created during the registration process.
- The candidates must print the result on A4 size paper and preserve it for further procedure because the result is a very important document.
- Furthermore, it will be crucial for the later stages of the admission process.
How to Check Thapar University 2020 Result?
The result will be released on the University portal. Candidates can follow the given below steps to check and download the result of Thapar University 2020 Admission:
- Visit the Official Website of Thapar University.
- Now click on the link provided on the website to view the result.
- Enter the Registered Login credentials required to view the result.
- Now the result will be displayed on the screen and candidates will be able to check their qualifying test.
- Download the result and take the print out of it for use in the further Admission process.
Thapar University Entrance Examination Counselling
- The counselling process will tentatively start by June 2020.
- The qualified candidates whose name has appeared in the rank list and to whom a rank card and Acknowledgement mail have been sent, only those will be allowed to attend the counselling session.
- The selected candidates must bring with them all the required document in their original forms as well as attested copies.
- It is compulsory to attend the Counselling session in person.
- The seat allotment will be done on the basis of availability of seats and the number of applications received.
- For the verification of the document, the candidates must carry the Demand Draft of Rs.1500/-.
Documents Required for Counselling:
- Class 12 certificates
- Character certificate
- Copy of the filled application form
- Result and admit card of entrance exam (if applicable)
- Scorecard of the qualifying exam
- Migration certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Category certificate
- Income certificate
Thapar University Admission 2020 will start from the month of July 2020. Candidates will be offered admission on the basis of availability of seats and Merit. In case the seats remain vacant, then the seats will be allotted according to the order of the Merit list.
Thapar University Fee Structure
Below mentioned is the Annual fee structure for different courses available in Thapar University, Patiala. The University is responsible for deciding the fee structure for each course in the new session. For more clarity and information regarding the same, refer to the official website of the University.
|Name of the Course||Duration of the Course||Fees/Annually|
|[B. Tech]-Bachelor of Technology||4 Years||Rs. 8,90,877/-|
|[M. Tech]-Master of Technology||2 Years||Rs. 2,48,410/-|
|[MBA]-Master of Business Administration||2 Years||Rs. 6,20,800/-|
|[M.Sc]-Master of Science||2 Years||Rs. 1,95,100/-|
|[MA]-Master of Arts||2 Years||Rs. 1,45,00/-|
|[MCA]-Master of Computer Application||2 Years||Rs. 4,17,000/-|
Important information is available on the website.
Finally, “Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on THAPAR UNIVERSITY WEBSITE here.
For more information regarding JEE Main 2020.
thapar university admission 2019 b tech, thapar university admission 2018 btech, thapar university admission criteria, thapar university entrance exam 2018, thapar university application form 2019, thapar university fees, thapar university btech admission 2019.