AILET Counselling 2021 for B.A. LL.B, LL.M courses will be conducted by the National Law University (NLU). All the candidates who have qualified in the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) can participate in the counselling process. The process of document verification of the candidates will be done in offline mode. The candidates whose names are shortlisted for the AILET Counselling must report to the concerned authority on the given time and date. They must carry all the original documents. Get more details like AILET Counselling dates, fees, documents required, seat allotment, etc from this article.
AILET 2021 Counselling Dates
The candidates who have applied for AILET 2021 must check the AILET Counselling Dates. Those applicants whose names are shortlisted in the merit list are eligible for the counselling process. The candidates must report to the counselling authority on the given date and time. The important dates of the AILET B.A. LL.B counselling are given below:
AILET 2021 Exam Date
30 July 2021 (announced)
AILET 2021 Result Date (BA LLB)
Admission Letter Issue Date
Fee Deposition Last Date (1st List)
Spot Counselling Start (Vacant Seats)
Selected Candidates Interview
Documents Required for AILET Counselling 2021
The candidates will have to carry a list of documents on the day of counselling. They must take all the original documents and certificates to the counselling venue. Document verification is an important step in the process of admission. The official authority will verify the authenticity of all the certificates and documents before offering the final admission. So, the candidates must check the list of documents required for the AILET counselling. The following documents are essential for the AILET Counselling:
- A copy of the AILET 2021 admission letter issued by the NLU
- Photocopy of the AILET 2021 scorecard
- A printed copy of the AILET 2021 admit card
- Two or three copies of the AILET 2021 application form (all pages)
- A self-Attested copy of Class 10 mark sheet along with the original Certificate
- A copy of the Self-Attested copy of Class 12 marks statement along with the original certificate
- Self-Attested copy of Character Certificate from the school/college last attended along with the original copy
- Self-Attested copy of Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- 5-6 Passport size (recent) colored photographs
AILET Counselling Procedure
The counselling for B.A. LL.B and LL.M courses will take place separately. The candidates must not be confused about the AILET Counselling process. The NLU conducts offline counselling for admission to various UG and PG courses. The step-by-step process of the AILET online counselling are given below:
- AILET Result/ Merit List: Initially, the candidates must check their AILET 2021 Result as soon as it is announced. Those candidates who qualify in the exam can check their names/ roll numbers in the counselling list. These candidates will then receive the counselling letter/ call letter through their registered email id. The details about the counselling date, time, venue, documents required, important instructions, etc, will be mentioned in the call letter.
- AILET Counselling Online Registration: In order to take part in the counselling process, the candidates must do the online registration. They will have to pay the counselling fees and submit their details online mode.
- First Provisional Admission List: The admission authority of NLU will release the first list of candidates who have been provisionally selected for admission. These candidates will have to pay a certain amount of course fees and visit the office for document verification.
- Documents Verification: Once the candidates have completed the online registration process, they must report to the office for document verification. The candidates must carry the original certificates and documents.
- Payment of Admission Fees: Candidates who have been selected for admission will have to pay the balance course fees to confirm their admission. The admission of the candidates will be considered final only after the payment of the course fees. Candidates must take a printout of the fee receipt for future references.
AILET Counselling Fee
The candidates who want to take part in the counselling process must make the fee payment. This counselling fee is adjusted with the course fees after the final admission is done. The counselling fees of AILET could be paid through online modes Debit/Credit/Net Banking. The AILET counselling fee is given below:
- AILET Counselling Fee (for all Categories)- Rs. 50,000/- + Bank Charges
AILET Seat Matrix
The applicants must check the sets offered by NLU for each course. The category-wise seat distribution for AILET admission is given below:
Name of the Categories
Horizontal Reservation for PwD
Seats under Respective Categories after excluding PwD Seats
Other Backward Class (OBC): Non-Creamy Layer (22%)
Scheduled Caste (15%)
Scheduled Tribe (7.5%)
Economically Weaker Sections (10%)
Supernumerary: Kashmiri Migrants
Supernumerary: Residents of Jammu & Kashmir
Foreign Nationals (5 seats) & OCI/PIO (5 seats)