AILET 2021 Eligibility Criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates to pursue a career in Law courses. The All India Law Entrance Test 2021 will be organized in May 2021 as per the date announced by the officials. The exam will be organised at the National level to check the eligibility for courses -BA LLB, LLM, PhD. Also, the candidates are advised to go through the eligibility before applying for the entrance test. The interested aspirants can go through the complete article below to know the information regarding the AILET 2021 Eligibility.
AILET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
AILET 2021 Eligibility Criteria qualification is given below, so candidates must read it carefully. If the candidate will be found ineligible at any stage of the admission process the authority has the right to cancel their admission immediately.
AILET 2021 Eligibility for Indian Nationals
The Indian nationals will need to fulfil the following criteria for applying for the AILET 2021 exam:
Integrated B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)
The applicants can check the eligibility for the Integrated B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) are as follows:
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 level from a recognised board/institute.
- Applying aspirants must have a score of 50% marks at the 10+2 level or equivalent.
Eligibility for LL.M. Programme
The applicants can check the eligibility for the LLM Programme below in the list:
- The applicants must hold the degree of LL.B. or an equivalent from a recognised board/university.
- Minimum required marks are 55% for Unreserved category and 50% for SC/ST/PWD in LL.B. or equivalent.
- Those whose results are awaited for qualifying exam will also be eligible on the condition they will have to provide proof of qualifying an exam at the admission time.
Eligibility for Ph.D.Programme
The applicants can check the eligibility for the PhD Courses below:
- The candidates need to have a Master's degree in law or equivalent degree from a recognised board/university.
- To appear in the exam minimum 55% marks will be required or 'B' grade in the UGC 7 or equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution recognised by an Assessment & Accreditation Agency which is approved , recognised or authorised by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Have obtained a degree in law and Master's Degree with M.Phil. in Social Sciences or Humanity from a recognised university with minimum 55% marks or its equivalent grade " B ".
- The SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates will get a relaxation of 5% marks (only for those who have completed his/her Master's degree prior to September 1992.
- Candidates holding a degree in Law and PG equal to M.Phil of an Indian Institution from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited as per the UGC.
- Degree in Law and PhD in any discipline from a recognised board/institution.
- Judge of any State High Court in India with 3 years experience or Judge of Indian Supreme Court.
AILET 2021 Eligibility for Foreign Nationals
The listed below are eligibility for the Foreign candidates in all Law courses:
- For Integrated B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) - The foreign candidates will be eligible only when he/she will have a score of 65% marks at the Intermediate level or equivalent from a recognised board /university/institute. These will be exempted from appearing in the entrance exam.
- Or else will have to fulfil the eligibility mentioned for the others.
- For One Year LL.M. Programme- These candidates (foreign nationals) will have to fulfil the criteria as applied to other candidates.
- For Ph.D Programme- The applicants will have to fulfil the above criteria mentioned for others.
AILET 2021 Eligibility for OCI/PIO Candidates
Please check the eligibility below for AILET:
Exemption for AILET 2021
- Foreign/OCI/PIO Candidates- The candidates will be applying under the category of Foreign/OCI/PIO will be exempted from appearing in the All India Law Entrance Test 2021 only when he/she fulfils the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Applicants who will qualify UGC NET/ JRF/ SLET / M.Phil in law are exempted for appearing in the
AILET 2021 Seat Reservation
The aspirants interested to apply can check the seats reserved for various categories:
|Scheduled Caste Candidates||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes Candidates||7.5%|
Note- The seat reservation mentioned above will be applicable to the aspirants applying for Integrated B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) and One Year LL.M. Programme.