AILET 2021 Syllabus important subjects and full AILET syllabus can be checked by candidates on this page. This page explains the syllabus for the All India Law Entrance Exam (AILET) 2021. AILET is a national level examination which is carried out for B.A.LL.B which L.L.M degree courses to be accepted. Under the AILET 2021 syllabus, candidates have to prepare for each and every subject. Candidates can refer to this article to know the detailed syllabus, preparation tips, exam pattern etc.
AILET 2021 Detailed Syllabus
NLU does not issue any official AILET 2021 syllabus, but candidates can prepare for the topics and subjects through the Ph.D. B.A.LL.B, Syllabus of L.L.M. Check the syllabus below for AILET.
- Reading Comprehension
- Idioms and Phrases
- Word Usage
- Foreign Words/Phrase
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para Jumble Sentences etc.
- General Science
- Current affairs
- International Events
- UN Bodies
- Eminent Personalities
- Awards and Honors etc.
- Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
- Vicarious Liability
- Strict Liability
- Law of Crimes
- International Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Contracts and Constitutional Law etc.
- Blood Relations
- Critical Reasoning
- Problem-solving ability
- Series etc.
- Number Series
- Venn Diagrams
- Profit & Loss
- Averages & Mixtures
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Time & Work
- Cubes, and Dices, etc.
AILET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can find details of exam pattern from here:
- Duration of the Exam: 1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes) is the duration of the exam.
- Mode of the Exam: AILET is conducted in offline mode.
- Language of Paper: AILET is conducted in English language.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of AILET contains Multiple Choice Questions
- Marking Scheme: Add 1 mark for each correct answer and deduct 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Candidates can check sections wise exam pattern from the given table:
|Sections||No. of Ques.||No. of Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Only)||10||10|
|Total No. of Ques. and Marks||150||150|
Exam Pattern for LLB
LLM's questions concentrate on topics such as criminal law, civil law, contract law, jurisprudence, tort law and international law, etc.
Exam Pattern for Ph.D.
- Number of Questions: A total of 100 questions for Ph.D examination.
- Duration: The duration of the test is 90 minutes.
- Type of Questions: The questions for Ph.D. courses are based on Research Methodology and Legal Research Aptitude.
AILET 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow these preparation tips to appear in the exam:
- Candidates are advised not to focus on, and go through the specifics of, one line of general knowledge question and answers.
- Candidates must have a habit of reading and their speed of reading must be improved.
- Candidates are advised to practise the Maths Arithmetic chapter, as this chapter was all about Maths last year.
- As it gives them an idea about the pattern and type of the questions, candidates must conduct at least two mock tests every day.
- To have an idea about the level of the questions for the exam, students should practise previous year papers.
About National Law University, Delhi (NLUD)
In Dwarka, New Delhi, the National Law University (NLUD) is located. It was implemented in 2008 on the initiative of the High Court of Delhi by Act No. 1 of NCT Delhi. It provides all interested and qualified applicants with different undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses. NLU, Delhi conducts the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) for admission to its B.A.LL.B, L.L.M, and PhD courses at the national level.