CBSE Evaluation Criteria for 10th 12th Result 2020 has been released after the cancellation of CBSE Exams. Central Board of School Education cancelled the class 10th and class 12th exams on 25 June 2020 because of the inability to conduct the exams due to rise in COVID-19 outbreak. The exams were scheduled to be conducted from 01 – 15 July 2020. Moreover, CBSE claims to announce the result according to the new scheme by 15 July 2020.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
CBSE Evaluation Criteria for 10th 12th Result 2020 released
CBSE has submitted the assessment and evaluation scheme for the cancelled 10th 12th exams. The board has decided that the marks for cancelled exams will be awarded on the basis of the exams attempted by the students. Also, for the students who have not attempted a minimum of 03 exams, the result will be released on the basis of internal assessment.
Solicitor general (SG) Tushar Mehta appearing on behalf of the Centre and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) presented a new assessment scheme at Supreme Court (SC) for the remaining cancelled subjects.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about How Marks will be Calculated for CBSE 10th & 12th Class, New Evaluation Criteria - Admissions
Candidates can check the official CBSE Notification released regarding the same given below:
CBSE Result 2020: 10th 12th Evaluation Criteria
- The students who have attempted all the exams, the marks will be provided on the basis of their performance in the examination.
- The students of class 10th and class 12th who have appeared in more than 03 subjects, the marks for the pending exams will be awarded on the basis of the marks obtained in the best three subjects.
- Students who have appeared in only 03 subjects, the marks for the pending cancelled exams will be awarded on the basis of te 03 attempted subjects.
- The students of Class 12th who appeared in 01 or 02 papers only (North East Delhi students), their results will be announced on the basis of performance in the appeared subjects as well as performance in the internal/ practicals/ project assignment. These students will also have an option to appear for the exam later. However, their result will be announced on the date of declaration of result along with other students.
CBSE 10th Results 2020: Evaluation criteria Explained
The exams of CBSE Class 10th students(except exams of North East Delhi Students), all the 05 core subjects were completed. The result of such students will be declared on the basis 0f their performance in examination of those 05 subjects. All the other exams were cancelled this year and as such the board will not be grading students on those papers.
CBSE 12th Result 2020: Evaluation Criteria for Class XII
The result of Class 12th will be released by 15 July 2020 irrespective of no. of subjects student has appeared for, so that the students can take admissions into higher studies.
Students who appeared for all the subjects
Most of the CBSE Class 12th students had appeared for the exams they had opted for. Such students will be awarded marks on the basis of their performance in the examination. These students will not get any opportunity to appear for the examination at a later date. Their results would be fixed.
Students who appeared three or more papers and 1 or 2 subjects were pending
- The marks of such students will be evaluated on the basis of the best three subjects.
- For e.g, a student appeared for English, maths, economics and accountancy but business studies exam was pending. Now out of 100, the student scored 75 in English, 45 in maths, 85 in Accountancy and 90 in Economics, then the student’s marks in English, Accountancy and Economics would be considered for calculating the average marks in Business Studies.
- Such students will be having an option to reappear for the board remaining exams when CBSE conducts at a later date. It depends on students if they wish to accept the average marks awarded by the board or want to appear for the exam.
- However, if the student chooses to opt for and appear in the exams at the later date, the marks thus obtained by the students in the exams would be considered final (even if they are less than the average marks that were awarded).
In case of any doubts or queries, you may ask us in the comments section.
|Central Board of School Education Results 2020|
|CBSE Class 10th result 2020||CBSE Class 12th result 2020|
To know about the Cancellation of College and University Exams, Click here
What is a 10th class student was absent in one exam due to illness