CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020 is provided to the meritorious Girl Student, who is the only child of her parents and have passed the CBSE Class 10th with 60% or more marks. It is basically given to the candidates who are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII. This scheme is offered by Central Board of Secondary Education to provide financial assistance to the students. Applicants can submit the hard copy of application form(renewal only) until 28 December 2020. Read the whole article to know more about CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child 2020.
The last date for submission of hard copy of application form (renewal only) on or before 28 December 2020.
CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020 Application Form
The candidates should keep in mind following important points while applying for CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020: Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
- Candidate needs to enter her roll number and Date of Birth as per the class 10th mark sheet.
- They should apply online on the CBSE website only.
- The particulars should be entered carefully. All other details like name, educational details should be given correctly as it will be verified.
- Students should note down the Registration Number shown on the page. This will be used for all other future communications.
- Applicants need to print the undertaking as provided in the “Guidelines Document” (this document), fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from the respective school.
- They also need to prepare an affidavit, as per the format provided in the “Guidelines Document”.
- Scan the Affidavit and Undertaking so as to create a PDF file of up to 1MB size. The PDF should contain all the pages (in case of multiple pages).
- Fresh applicants need not send the confirmation page to CBSE, but they should keep it for their any further reference.
- In case of Renewal of Scheme, the candidates need to send duly filled and signed confirmation page to –
CBSE, Shiksha Kendra
2 Community Centre
Delhi – 110092.
How to Apply for CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020?
The students need to follow below-mentioned steps to apply for CBSE single girl child scholarship 2020:
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of CBSE – https://cbse.nic.in/
- Step 2 – Click on the link given “Apply Online” in section Single Girl Child Scholarship – 2020 (Fresh Application).
- Step 3 – Then click on SGC-X Fresh Application tab at the left side of the page.
- Step 4 – On the next screen enter roll number and date of birth as asked.
- Step 5 – Click on the “Upload Document” option and upload both the above documents.
- Step 6 – After that, click on the “Confirmation Page” and generate the confirmation page.
NOTE – In case of any query the candidates may write to [email protected]
CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check below the CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- All Single Girl Students, who have passed class X with a minimum of 60% or more marks and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered.
- In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
- The student must continue her school studies in Class XI and XII in CBSE affiliated schools whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year.
- A CBSE Class X Examination passed candidates in the year 2020 will be considered.
- A Scholar can enjoy other concessions (s) given by the school in which while availing this scholarship scheme.
NOTE – NRI applicants are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for them is a maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020 Duration & Renewal
The candidates can check the hereby duration & renewal process of CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020:
- The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one year i.e. on successful
completion of class XI.
- The renewal shall depend on promotion to the next class with a minimum of 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination.
- In cases where a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or if she changes the school or course of the study shall be subject to prior approval of the Board for the renewal/ continuation of the scholarship,
- Good conduct and regularity in attendance are required for continuance of scholarship.
- A Scholarship once cancelled will not be renewed on any request.
CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020 Amount
The objective of CBSE merit scholarship scheme is to provide financial aid to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X with 60% or more marks and are keen to continue their higher education.
- The number of scholarships given by the board for a particular year shall be variable and will be awarded to the single girl child only.
- The scholarship amount shall be Rupees Five Hundred (Rs. 500/-) per month.
- A Scholarship awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two
- Payment will be made through ECS/NEFT.
CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020 Highlights
In the below table the candidates can check a few basic information about CBSE Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2020:
|Scholarship Scheme Name||CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship|
|Provided by||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Purpose||To provide scholarships to the
meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents
|Total number of Scholarships||Variable|
|Amount||Rs 500/- per month|
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a national level education board in India for public and private schools, controlled and managed by Union Government of India. There are approximately 20,299 schools in India and 220 schools in 28 foreign countries affiliated to the CBSE.