Admission in most of the courses offered by the University of Delhi is based on the candidate merit in the last qualifying exam. However, there are few courses in which admission is based on the entrance tests conducted by the university itself.
In entrance test-based admissions, candidates are admitted to the University on the basis of a combination of marks secured in an entrance test paper and the qualifying class XII marks, offered by the University of Delhi in some of its departments or colleges.
Candidates need to apply online on the official website for Entrance-based courses. National Testing Agency (NTA), on behalf of DU, will conduct JAT (Joint Admission Test). The written test is conducted for admission in the following courses- BMS, BBA – FIA, BBE, B. Tech (IT&M), BA (Hons.) HSS, B. El. Ed, B. Sc (PE. HE& S), B.A. MMC and 5- year IPJ.
- General Pattern of Entrance Tests:
- For selection or admission in the courses offered through various departments and colleges of the University, which is done through the entrance tests, depends on the merit list prepared by the University. The final merit list prepared by the university depends on the marks secured by the candidates in entrance tests.
- The entrance test consists of Multiple-Choice Question (MCQ with Four Choices Each) paper with questions on the relevant subject to test the student’s knowledge. The whole paper consists of 100 questions for which the time duration of two hours is provided to candidates.
- Marking Scheme: 04 marks will be offered for each correct answer i.e for each correct answer candidate will get four marks. There will be a reduction of 01 mark for each incorrect answer i.e for each wrong answer, 01 mark will be reduced from the candidate total score. There will be no negative marking for the un-attempted questions.
- For Music Courses: There will be a practical entrance test for admissions to all music courses.
Information Regarding Delhi University Entrance Tests
- Candidates are advised to visit the UG Admission Portal on the official website of the University of Delhi for all news and updates regarding the Entrance test. All the information regarding the entrance test such as test centres, allotment of test centres and generation of admit cards for the test can be obtained from the same. Check DUET 2021 pages here.
- All the students must carry the hard copy of admit cards to test centres. For which all the candidates have to print the admit cards, once released by the university, in a readable quality.
- Candidates are also advised to carry identity proof from the following-Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, or College ID card for verification of the photograph. It is generally recommended to carry the same document as uploaded with the application form.
- The University shall not be responsible for any clash of date or time of multiple entrance tests, if a student has opted multiple courses.
Delhi University Conducts Entrance Test for Following UG Programmes
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been entrusted with the conduct of entrance tests for the following courses for the University of Delhi Undergraduate Admissions 2020-21:
- B.A.(Honours) Business Economics [B.A.(H)BE]
- Bachelor of Management Studies [BMS]
- Bachelor of Elementary Education [B. El. Ed]
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports [B. Sc (PE, HE and S]
- B.A.(Honours) Multimedia and Mass Communication [B.A.(H)MMC}
- Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism [FYIPJ]
- B.A(Honours) in Hindustani Music- Vocal/Instrumental (Sitar/ Sarod/ Guitar/ Violin/ Santoor)
- B.A.(Honours) in Karnatak Music- Vocal/ Instrumental (Veena/ Violin)
- B.A.(Honours) in Hindustani Music – Percussion (Tabla / Pakhawaj)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) [BBA(FIA)]
- B. Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations) [B. Tech (IT and MI)]
- B.A.(Honours) Humanities and Social Sciences [B.A.(H)HSS]
The entrance test based admissions are soon to be started by the Delhi University. Candidates must check the course-wise eligibility criteria before applying for any course.
Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Centres located in the following 24 cities
- Mumbai/Navi Mumbai
Shimla Srinagar (J&K)
- Delhi/NCR includes: Delhi, Gurugram, Faridabad, Noida, Greater Noida, Sahibabad and Ghaziabad
Fees for Online Registration
- Registration fee for Merit-based courses for UR/OBC: 250
- Registration fee for SC/ST/PwBD/EWS: 100
- Additional Registration fee for ECA/Sports: 100
- Additional Registration fee for each Entrance-based course for UR/OBC: 750
- Additional Registration fee for each Entrance-based course for SC/ST/PwBD/EWS: 300
- Admission Cancellation fee: 1000
Entrance Based Delhi University Admission 2021 Highlights
|Name of University||Delhi University|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Admission Cancellation fee||1000 rs|