Prerana Scholarship 2021 is offered by Odisha Government for the welfare of ST/SC/OBC/SEBC/EBC (Economically backward Class). The candidates who are pursuing at Post-Matriculation courses in any general/technical or professional courses in any Government or Government recognized Private institutes can apply under this scheme. Students should apply for this financial aid for their higher education within the stipulated dates. Read the whole article to know more about Prerana Scholarship 2021 Scheme.
Prerana Scholarship 2021 Status
|Application Window||Yet to open|
Prerana Scholarship 2021 Dates
The following are important dates for applying for the Prerana scholarship in the year 2021:
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application by students||Last week of November 2021|
|Last Date for submission of duly signed printed online version hard copies to the students||Mid of December 2021|
|The Last date for scrutiny & forwarding online applications by students||Last week of December 2021|
|Last date for submission of hard copies of the applications by the institute to the DWO Concerned||To be Announced|
|Last date for online sanctions of applications by the districts||To be Announced|
Prerana Scholarship 2021 Online Registration
To apply for the Prerana scholarship the candidates have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Prerana Scholarship 2021: Registration, Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
- The candidates must fill the form online on the official portal only.
- They should register themselves within the stipulated date.
- During the registration process, aspirants need to provide their valid mobile number and email ID.
- They must keep their Applicant-id & password with safety to be used further when needed.
How to Apply for Prerana Scholarship 2021?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to apply:
- Step 1 – Visit the official website – http://mpsc.mp.nic.in/
- Step 2 – Then click on the Login button given at the top right corner of the home page.
- Step 3 – Thereafter click on New Registration and on “New Students:Please Register Yourself” link
- Step 4 – Fill the asked personal and educational details and submit.
- Step 5 – Click on the submit button and get the printout of the filled form.
NOTE- Applicant-ID & Password of the student will be sent by DWO through SMS. Using the same students can know the status of the application.
Documents to be Submitted
- Aadhar Card
- Original Caste Certificate
- Original Income Certificate
- Copy of High School Certificate
- Copy of the first page of Bank Passbook (showing IFSC Code of the Bank & Bank Account Number)
- Physically Handicap Certificate (if any)
Prerana Scholarship 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must follow the following Prerana Scholarship 2021 eligibility criteria while applying for the scheme:-
- The applicant must belong to Odisha state.
- The applicant must belong to backward categories (ST/SC/OBC/SEBC/EBC (Economically backward Class).
- The annual household income of the applicant must be as follows-
- In case of SC/ST students, the income should not exceed Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
- In case of OBC/SEBC students, the income should not exceed Rs.1,50,000/- per annum.
- In the case of EBC students, the income should not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
- The applicant must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the previous examination.
List of Prerana Scholarship Schemes 2021
|Scholarship Name||Application Period||Awards|
|Post-matric Scholarship for SC||August-October||Actual tuition fee/course fee, admission fee, library & sports fee and maintenance allowance up to Rs 550 for day scholars & Rs 1,200 for hostellers|
|Post-matric Scholarship for ST|
|Post-matric Scholarship for OBC/SEBC||Actual tuition fee/course fee, admission fee, library & sports fee and maintenance allowance of up to Rs 350 for day scholars & Rs 750 for hostellers|
|Post-matric Scholarship for EBC|
Prerana Scholarship 2021 Categories & Incentives
The following groups have been categorized by the concerned authorities to avail the benefits of the financial aid Under Prerana Scholarship scheme:-
|Group I||Graduation/ Post Graduation level courses like Medical, Engineering, Agriculture and Veterinary CPL Courses, PG Diploma in Medicine and Management, Courses related to Accountancy, Post Doctoral Program, LLM, PhD, M.Phil, etc.|
|Group II||Graduation or Post Graduation such Degree, Diploma, Certificate in Pharmacy, Paramedical, Nursing, LLB, Mass Communication, Interior Decoration, Hotel Management, etc. PG Courses such as MA/M.Com/ M.SC/ M.Ed/ M.Pharma, 5 year Integrated M.Sc.. etc.|
|Group III||+3 Courses like Arts, Commerce, Sastri and Science|
|Group IV||12th, ITI, 03 Year diploma and 02 years of vocational courses, Paramedical Courses, Business Commerce Course|
Incentives Under Prerana Scholarship
The following incentives are given under Prerana scholarship:
- There is a 100% course fee reimbursement for General Courses.
- Rs.28,500/- will be given for Technical courses
- Additionally, Monthly Maintenance Allowance will be given to all students.
- The following benefits will be provided to the courses in different groups-
|Groups||Amount Per Month (Hosteller)||Amount Per Month (Non-Hosteller)|
|Group I||Rs.1200 for (SC/ST) & Rs.750 for (OBC)||Rs.550 for (SC/ST) & Rs.350 for (OBC)|
|Group II||Rs.1000 for (SC/ST) & Rs.510 for (OBC)||Rs.530 for (SC/ST) & Rs.335 for (OBC)|
|Group III||Rs.1000 for (SC/ST) & Rs.400 for (OBC)||Rs 300 for (SC/ST) & Rs.210 for (OBC)|
|Group IV||Rs.1000 for (SC/ST) & Rs.260 for (OBC)||Rs.230 for (SC/ST) & Rs.160 for (OBC)|
Prerana Scholarship 2021 Highlights
In the below table the candidates can check a few information:
|Name of Scholarship||Prerana Scholarship Scheme|
|Launched by||ST/SC/OBC/Other Minority Welfare Department, Odisha|
|Beneficiaries||Post Matric students|
|Objective/Purpose||To provide financial assistance to ST/SC/OBC/SEBC/Minority groups candidates for pursuing Post Matriculation/Post-Secondary qualification|