A single common entrance exam with multiple benefits, Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test, CUCET 2021 is a University-level entrance test conducted by Chandigarh University. Enabling the students to pursue the futuristic courses of their choice at NAAC A+ grade accredited Chandigarh University, CUCET 2021 offers up to 100% scholarships worth Rs. 33 crore on all the programs and is mandatory for admission to Engineering, MBA, BA LL.B, B.Com LL.B, BBA LL.B, Pharmacy and Agriculture programs at Chandigarh University.
Launched by the Union Minister of Education, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank the CU Common Entrance test has burgeoned the amount of Scholarship from Rs. 27 Crores (during last year) to Rs. 33 Crores this year and has been phased into two phases.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about What is CUCET 2021? - Admissions
CUCET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Chandigarh University|
|Category||Undergraduate, Postgraduate & Specialized|
|Conduct of CUCET-I||December 14, 2020 to May 31, 2021|
|Helpdesk||1800 1212 88800, +91 8146947000, +91 8146948000; [email protected]|
CUCET 2021 Exam Dates
CUCET 2021 has been phased into two different phases with their benefits varying accordingly. Named as CUCET Phase-1 and CUCET Phase-2, each of these phases will be held according to the specific time period and in a chronological order beginning with CUCET Phase-1. During the time of application, the candidate will have to choose the active/running phase. The important dates for CUCET Phase-1 are as follows:
- Registration Start Date: 14th December, 2020
- Registration End Date: 29th May, 2021
- Conduct of CUCET Phase-1: The CUCET Phase-1 examination will be held between December 14, 2020 and May 31, 2021. Each participating candidate will be date and time according to the availability at the time of their application.
- Results: The results will be intimated shortly after the examination via registered Email and will be displayed on your CUCET Login account.
CUCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The criteria of eligibility for Undergraduate (UG) courses at Chandigarh University requires the candidate to have scored 50% or more marks in their secondary Education (10+2) or student appearing for secondary education (10+2) from a recognized Board (CBSE/PSEB/ICSE or any other recognized State/National Board). On the other hand, Postgraduate (PG) courses require the student to have scored 50% or more marks in their Graduation from recognized University.
CUCET 2021 Syllabus
Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test will have a separate question paper for each program divided into four sections. The syllabus for each Undergraduate, Postgraduate and specialized program being offered at Chandigarh University is available at the website http://cucet.cuchd.in/syllabus for the applicants’ reference. The syllabus for different courses for CUCET 2021, can be downloaded in PDF format along with Sample question papers from the official website itself.
CUCET 2021 Exam Pattern
The applicants appearing for the CUCET 2021, Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test may refer to the following examination pattern.
Exam Mode: Online (Exam will be held Online at allotted Examination centers, or under the Online Supervision and Invigilation by the proctors for CUCET).
Duration of Exam: 120 Minutes
Total Number of Questions: 100
Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
Number of Sections in Question paper: There are 4 sections in each question paper of every program. However, the number of questions in each section may vary according to the program. Visit the website http://cucet.cuchd.in for complete details and information about the question paper pattern.
Marking Scheme: Each question carries One mark and the candidate will be awarded One mark for each correct answer. There is No Negative Marking in the exam and the medium of examination will be English.
How to apply for CUCET 2021?
There are two ways to apply for CUCET 2021, Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test – Online mode and Offline mode.
- For registration through Online mode, Visit CUCET website- http://cucet.cuchd.in/ for registration
- Once registered, create a profile and pay the registration fee of Rs.1000/- after receiving confirmation through SMS or Email
- Choose CUCET exam date and center from the available options.
- Appear in CUCET examination on the scheduled date and time at the allotted center.
- Purchase CUCET Brochure cum form from University admission offices/ Authorized centers by paying Rs.1000/-
- Visit CUCET website- http://cucet.cuchd.in/ for registration.
- Fill the unique number given on the form while registering at http://cucet.cuchd.in
- Register on CUCET registration page and create your profile.
- After successful registration, the candidate will receive a confirmation message through SMS/E-mail.
- Choose CUCET exam date and center from the available options.
CUCET 2021 Results:
Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test will be conducted from December 14, 2020 to May 31, 2021. The results will be intimated shortly after the examination via registered Email and will be displayed on your CUCET Login account. If qualified in CUCET 2021, contact CUCET at contact numbers displayed on CUCET website to avail of the scholarship benefits.
CUCET 2021 Courses:
CUCET provides scholarship for all the programs and admission to Engineering, MBA, BA LL.B, B.Com LL.B, BBA LL.B, Pharmacy and Agriculture programs at Chandigarh University on Entrance Test basis only with an exception for those who secure more than 90% marks in the qualifying examination or up to 50000 rank in JEE. CUCET 2021 is mandatory for admission to the programs mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Engineering- Automobile Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace Engineering)
- Bachelor of Business Administration + Bachelor of Law (B.B.A. + LLB(Hons)) – Integrated
- Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor Of Law (BA + LLB (Hons)) – Integrated
- Masters of Business Administration (Strategic-HR)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science – Agriculture (Hons.)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biotechnology)
- Bachelor of Engineering- Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering- Computer Science Engineering (Graphic & Gaming)
- Bachelor of Engineering- Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Commerce + Bachelor of Law (B.Com. + LLB(Hons)) – Integrated
- Bachelor of Engineering – Computer Science & Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering (Hons.) IBM-CLOUD COMPUTING
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering (Hons.) IBM – INFORMATION SECURITY
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering (Hons.) IBM – BIG DATA AND ANALYTICS
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering (Hons.) IBM – INTERNET OF THINGS
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering (Hons.) IBM – ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & MACHINE LEARNING
- Bachelor of Engineering- Computer Sicence and Business System
- Bachelor of Engineering- (Electronic and Communication Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering- (Electricial Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering- (Food Technology)
- Bachelor of Engineering- (Information Technology)
- Master of Business Administration- (HR/Finance/Marketing/ International Business/Entrepreneurship)
- Masters of Business Administration- (Business Analytics) in association with IBM
- Master of Business Administration- (With blended training program by Upgrad)
- Bachelor of Engineering- (Mechanical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering- (Mechatronics)
- Master of Business Administration- (Banking and Financial Engineering) in association with SBI and Tally
- Bachelor of Engineering- (Petroleum Engineering)
- Master of Business Administration- (Tourism & Hospitality Management)
- Bachelor of Engineering – Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Blockchain Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering – Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in DevOps
CUCET 2021 Contact:
For all kinds of queries and information, contact Chandigarh University’s dedicated helpline contact numbers or Email at CUCET’s official mail given hereunder:
- General Helpline No: +91-160-3051003
- Other Contact Nos.: 1800 1212 88800, 8146947000, 8146948000
- Email: [email protected]
Guidelines for CUCET 2021:
The candidate can attempt the examination from their home, however, they must strictly abide by the CUCET Examination instructions and rules, failing which the University can forfeit the application. The Exam will be invigilated by designated proctors, who can also communicate with you through ‘Live Chat’, if required. You can find the chat box at the bottom right of your test screen.
Furthermore, the candidate appearing from must ensure that they have got a Laptop, a Web Camera and a stable Internet Connection for smooth conduct of the exam. The exam will carry 100 multiple choice questions to be attempted in 120 minutes, and there would be no negative marking. The medium for the exam will be English only, whereas for students with 10+2 Arts one can choose Hindi as a subject. During the exam, candidates may ask for extra sheets or papers for rough work or calculations. For complete details regarding CUCET examination, dates available, question paper pattern & syllabus, visit the website http://cucet.cuchd.in/
FAQS (Most Asked Questions)
Q: How can I register for CUCET?
Ans: Please visit the website http://cucet.cuchd.in to register your profile. Once you get registered you need to pay ₹1000/-.
Q: Is CUCET examination conducted through both online or offline mode?
Ans: No, CUCET examination is conducted in online mode only. A student can opt for online center or can appear using a laptop / PC with a camera. For more details visit http://cucet.cuchd.in/
- Q. How can I attempt CUCET exam from my home?
Ans: The CUCET exam requires you to follow the examination protocol. First, you must ensure that you have a Laptop, quality Web Camera and stable internet connection. Secondly, you must ensure that you’re into isolation while attempting the exam and there are no disturbances caused by anyone or anything during the entire duration of your exam. Most importantly, you will be under continuous invigilation by the designated proctor, whom you can communicate with if required.
- Can I reappear for CUCET Exam?
Ans: Yes, you can reappear for the CUCET Exam. After your initial attempt, if you wish to appear again, you can login to your CUCET account and reappear after paying the Rs. 500 as the registration fee.
Q: Can I get an examination center of my choice?
Ans: Yes, you can choose the test city of your choice from the available list of test cities in the online application form. The test cities are allotted to candidates on a first come first serve basis.
Q: What will happen in case there is some problem with the computer during CUCET online test?
Ans: In such cases of computer system failure or any other related problems, the candidates should intimate the examination invigilator. However, there will be enough buffer systems available at the examination center to take care of such problems. Moreover, the time lost in changing of systems will be duly counted and compensated as every second will be recorded by the examination server.
Q: Who should I contact for details regarding CUCET?
Ans: You can contact the Admission cell of Chandigarh University through the Toll-Free number – 1800-1212-88800 or the Email ID provided on the website – http://cucet.cuchd.in.
Q: If I appear in multiple phases of CUCET, which score will be considered?
Ans: If one appears in multiple phases of CUCET, your best score will be considered for scholarship purposes.