Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a national level entrance test that is conducted by the Central Board of School Education (CBSE) twice a year. The exam will be conducted by local authorities of every state before the recruitment of teachers. Through this exam, candidates can become teachers in government schools. The CTET exam consists of two papers i.e Paper-I and Paper-II. Paper-I is for the candidates who want to teach from class 1 to class 5 and paper 2 is for candidates who wan to teach from class 6 to class 8.
What is Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET)?
Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) is an exam to shortlist the Candidates for appointment as teachers in class 1 to class 8.
- According to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, It is compulsory for the local authorities to conduct the CTET exam before the recruitment of teachers.
- The Candidates should be recruited who are the most skilled and responsible for the young children.
- As per the new rules by the Government of India, having a B.Ed degree is not enough to become a teacher.
- Now, Candidates have to clear the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) in order to become a teacher in any state of India.
- On the other hand, Candidate have to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria to appear for the CTET exam.
CTET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the CTET Eligibility Criteria is given below:
- Candidates must have passed class 12 with minimum 45% aggregate marks to be eligible for the post of Primary Teacher.
- Candidates must have passed their graduation with a minimum 45% or class 12 with a minimum 50% are eligible to apply for the post of an elementary teacher.
- Candidate must have completed their prescribed teacher training/ education courses before the exam.
CTET 2021 Exam Pattern
The details regarding the CTET Exam Pattern is given below:
- CTET exam pattern is organised by Central Board of School Education (CBSE), Delhi.
- According to the CTET 2020 notification, no changes in the exam pattern is made by the authority.
- The exam pattern is different for each exam which is given in the table below:
|Number of Subjects||05||04|
|Duration of Exam||2.5 hours||2.5 hours|
|Type of questions||MCQ type||MCQ type|
|Language of Exam Paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Marking scheme||+01 for correct answer||+01 for correct answer|
|0 for incorrect answer||0 for incorrect answer|
CTET 2021 Syllabus
The details regarding the CTET Syllabus is given below:
- The syllabus for Central Teacher Eligibility Test is different for Paper-I and Paper-II.
- CTET Syllabus focuses on Child development & Pedagogy and the concept of education.
- The syllabus consists of two languages in the exam in each paper.
- Other than that, Candidates need to focus on Science/ Environmental Science apart from mathematics.
CTET 2021 Highlights
The overview of CTET exam are given in the table below:
|Exam Name||Central Test Eligibility Test (CTET) 2021|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Mode||Offline mode|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Purpose of Exam||To shortlist Candidates|
|Number of test Cities||112 cities all across India|