Here are 6 step process to select the right business schools for your MBA
- Identify your post MBA career goals
- Start with a self – assessment
- Identify schools
- Research online- Non-Tangible Factors
- Speak with alumni and current students
- Attend admission-related events (online and offline)
How to choose Business School?
- Step1: Identify your post MBA career goals – In this step, you need to identify who you want to accomplish after you have done MBA. All the top business schools look for candidates with clear and achievable goals do they plan to accomplish these goals by getting an MBA from their school.
- Step 2: Conduct a self-assessment – In this step, a self-assessment serves both as a guideline to improve your profiles and become worthy of securing an admit to a top business school.
Thinks that you need to consider while conducting a self assessment include, but are not limited to:
- Your undergraduate GPA
- Your GMAT, CAT, MAT, Score
- Amount of work experience required
- Academic and Professional Skills
- Step 3: Selecting Business Schools – Elimination Strategy – From the above, you will have a clear idea of what you expect from your chosen business schools. Thus, with some preliminary online and speaking with friends, peers.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about How to Select the Right Business Schools for Your MBA? - Admissions
7 parameters to consider and evaluate a business school
- Business School Rankings
- Program Specialization
- Course structure
- Geographical Location
- Cost & ROI
- Job Placement & Career Opportunites
- Scholarships offered
Non- Tangible Factors – Selection Strategy :
- Profile fit
- Teaching Methodology
- Student Services
- Alumni Community
How to get additional information about Business schools?
- Webinars and Information sessions
- Networking with alumni and current students
- GMAT Club
- Campus visits
- Use LinkedIn
Author: Neetu Kumari (MBA Student) Banasthali Vidyapeeth University