INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Registration will begin tentatively in November 2021. “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” is an innovative program sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology. The main aim of the INSPIRE 2021 is to develop an interest of students in the field of research and development of Science. Under the Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE), the candidates can do the INSPIRE Scholarship Registration by filling the application form. The selected candidates will receive the cash of Rs. 80,000/- per annum. The scholarship is valid upto a maximum period of 5 years. Check more details of INSPIRE 2021 Registration process, exam dates, cut-off marks, awards, renewal, etc from this article.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Exam Status
Candidates who have applied for the INSPIRE 2021 must check the status of the exam. The details of the exam status and other events are given below:
|INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Notification||To be announced soon|
INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Dates
The eligible candidates who want to register for the INSPIRE Scholarship must check the tentative dates of the exam from the table given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about INSPIRE Scholarship 2021: Registration, Eligibility, Cut Off, Renewal Process - Admissions
|Online Inspire scholarship application release date||First week of November 2021|
|Last date to apply for Inspire fellowship 2021||Last week of December 2021|
|Inspire scholarship result release date||Last week of June 2022|
|Inspire scholarship Cutoff date||Last week of June 2022|
INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Application Form
The application form for the INSPIRE Scholarship program will be available online. The candidates must apply for the INSPIRE Application Form 2021 from the official website of the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. However, the direct link to register for the INSPIRE program will be available in the latest updates section of this article. Candidates must read the eligibility criteria before doing the registration for INSPIRE. They must keep all the required documents ready before proceeding with online registration.
How to Apply for INSPIRE Scholarship 2021?
There is online registration for INSPIRE program. Interested candidates can do the registration sitting in their homes. The candidates must follow the following steps to do registration for INSPIRE Scholarship 2021:
- Registration is the initial step to apply for INSPIRE Scholarship. Candidates can visit the portal of the conducting authority.
- Then click on the “new user registration” and “Register Here” option given in the updates section.
- Now fill in all the necessary details like name, parents’ name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, etc.
- After that, the candidates will receive an OTP verification code which they have to enter to register successfully.
- Applicants will receive an email containing their user id and password, which they have to use for login.
Filling the Application Form
- The next step after registration is of filling the application form.
- Candidates must log in using the user id and password provided to them.
- The INSPIRE 2021 Application form will open on the screen.
- Now candidates will have to fill in all the mandatory details like personal, education qualification, etc.
Upload the Documents
- After filling in the details, the applicants will have to upload scanned copies of the necessary documents.
- The documents have to be in the same specifications as mentioned and required in the instructions.
Review and Final Submission of Application Form
- Once the documents have been successfully uploaded in the form, the candidates must click on “Preview” the application form.
- Check all the details carefully.
- If all the information is correct, then finally click on the “Submit” button.
Documents Required to Apply for INSPIRE Scholarship
The candidates must have the following list of the documents in order to apply for INSPIRE Scholarship programs:
|S.No||Name of Document||Type and size of the file|
|1.||Applicant’s passport size photograph||JPEG format with size not more than 50 KB|
|2.||Community/caste certificate in case the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST category||PDF format with size not more than 1 MB|
|3.||Eligibility note or advisory note if provided by the State/Central Board||PDF format with size not more than 1 MB|
|4.||Class 12th mark sheet||PDF format with size not more than 1 MB|
|5.||Class 10th mark sheet or certificate (for proof of Date of Birth)||PDF format with size not more than 1 MB|
|6.||Certificate specifying rank/award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE / International Olympic Medallists (if the candidate is eligible under this criterion)||PDF format with size not more than 1 MB|
|7.||Endorsement Form signed by the Principal of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University||PDF format with size not more than 1 MB|
|8.||First page of applicant’s SBI bank passbook||PDF format with size not more than 1 MB|
INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the INSPIRE Scholarship program. The official authority will provide the scholarship only to those eligible candidates after verifying their details. Therefore, one should read the eligibility criteria for the INSPIRE. The following candidates can apply for the INSPIRE Scholarship program:
- Those candidates who have qualified 10+2 and are pursuing courses in natural science are eligible for the scholarship.
- The aspirants who are among the top 1% of the qualifying students in terms of aggregate score in the 10+2 board exam are eligible.
- Candidates must pursue the course in natural or basic science in the same year of passing class 12.
- Aspirants who are among the top 10,000 rankers in the joint entrance exam or under 20000 in AIEEE are eligible to apply provided they pursue basic science at UG or PG level.
- The students pursuing basic science or natural science from IISER, NISER, or the Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences at the University of Mumbai are eligible.
- The students who have qualified KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Olympiad Medallists, and Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) and are pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Aspirants within the age group of 17 to 22 years are eligible for the scholarship.
Subjects Awarded for INSPIRE Scholarship
The eligible candidates can apply for the INSPIRE Scholarship under the following subjects
|S.No.||Name of subjects|
INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Selection Basis
For awarding the INSPIRE Scholarship, the candidates will be selected on the following criteria:
- There will be no exams for INSPIRE Scholarship. The candidates will be selected on the basis of their marks in the class 12 board exam.
- Qualification, eligibility, rank, and score of the candidates will be considered.
- The category and board-wise cut-off marks will be released in PDF format on the official website.
- Those candidates who are shortlisted for the INSPIRE, need to upload the necessary documents on their web portal within the specified timeline for further consideration.
- The selected candidates receive their scholarship awards directly into their State Bank of India (SBI) bank account through DBT (Direct Bank Transfer).
INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Awards
The candidates who are shortlisted for the INSPIRE Scholarship will receive the cash money for higher studies. The scholarship amount for various categories is given below:
- The selected candidate for INSPIRE will receive a scholarship amount of Rs. 80,000/- per annum.
- The Inspire scholarship amount is then segregated into annual scholarship (Rs. 60000/-) and summertime attachment fees (Rs. 20000/-).
- Also, the eligible candidates will get a cash prize of Rs. 60,000/- annually along with a summertime attachment fee of Rs. 20,000/-. The summertime amount will be paid only to the aspirants who undertake summertime research projects.
INSPIRE Cut Off 2021
The official authority will release the minimum cut-off marks for the candidates to be eligible for the INSPIRE SCholarship. The cut off marks are based on the percentage score of the candidates in class 12 board exams. The candidates who secure marks above or equal to the cut off will be awarded the scholarship. Candidates can also check the category-wise cut off marks from the previous year to get an idea of whether they would receive the scholarship or not.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Validity and Renewal Process
The INSPIRE Scholarship is valid for a maximum period of upto 5 years. However, if a candidate wants to extend the scholarship, they must apply for the renewal. The criteria for the renewal of INSPIRE Scholarship is given below:
- The students applying for renewal need to score at least 60% marks or 7.0 GPA on a 10.0-point scale in the annual examinations each year (or 2 semesters).
- If the candidate fails to secure the required marks in his/her B.Sc/BS/Int. M.Sc/Int. MS exam, the scholarship for that academic year will be cancelled.
- The scholarship is resumed in the next academic year if the student’s academic performance is satisfactory.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)|
|Offered By||Department of Science and Technology, Government of India|
|Duration||Maximum of five years|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Number of Scholarships||10,000 every year|
|Selection Criteria||On the basis of Class 12 Board Marks|
|Scholarship Amount||INR 80,000 per annum|
About Department of Science and Technology (DST)
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, is an official body under the Ministry of Science and Technology. The government body of the Department of Science & Technology was established in May 1971 with the aim of promoting new ideas and creating innovations. It awards the scholarship under the INSPIRE Program to almost 10,000 students every year. It also aims at promoting new areas of science and technology for better advancements.
FAQs on INSPIRE 2021
Q1. When will I receive my INSPIRE Scholarship 2021?
Ans: The students will receive the DST INSPIRE Scholarship after the approval of the 1st year performance report and mark sheets.
Q2. I have a gap year after my class 12th exam. Can I apply for INSPIRE Scholarship?
Ans: No, the gap year students are not eligible to apply for INSPIRE.
Q3. Will my INSPIRE Scholarship stop if I discontinue in the 1st year of BSc/ BS/ Int.MSc/ Int.MS course?
Ans: The scholarship offer will be withdrawn immediately and even after re-joining the course the scholarship will stand withdrawn.