Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Exam 2019: Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (CEEB) is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University. CEEB is an admission test for Biotechnology courses offered by the university and participating colleges. The admission to MTech Biotechnology, MSc Biotechnology, MSc (Agri) Biotechnology and MVSc are based on their rank in Jawaharlal Nehru Combined Entrance Examination (JNU CEEB 2019). From last year JNU is organising Combine Entrance Examination for Biotechnology in the month of December.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main January Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Amrita University B.Tech. Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- SRM B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- UPES B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- LPU B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
Combined Entrance Examination conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University for admission to M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc. Programmes of Study.
JNU CEEB Exam 2019 Important Dates
The dates for Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Exam 2019 (JNU CEEB) for admission into Biotechnology programmes is as follows:
|1.||Application Form Start Date||15 September 2018|
|2.||Last date of Application Form Submission||14 October 2018|
|3.||JNU CEEB 2019 Exam Dates||30 December 2018|
|4.||Date for exercising the final option and paying a security deposit for Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology 2018-19||26 March 2019|
|5.||Result Declaration||1-2 week of March 2019|
JNU CEEB 2019 Eligibility Criteria
|BTech/BE in any of the disciplines:|
|Chemical Engineering||Biochemical Engineering|
|Industrial Biotechnology||Leather Technology|
|MSc in any of the disciplines:|
|Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry||Microbiology, Genetics|
|Biophysics||Microbial Genetics & Bioinformatics|
- Nationality: Indian National and Foreign National applicants are eligible to apply.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit to apply for JNU CEEB 2019.
- No. of Attempts: The exam is held only once a year, so the applicant can appear only once per year.
CEEB 2019 Participating Universities, Intake & Fees
M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology Programme being offered at the following participating Universities:
|S.No.||Name of Institution||Number of Seats||Fees|
|1.||Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat||08 Seats||Approx Rs.8240.00/- + Rs.5200.00 (Hostel fee including mess advance).|
|2.||Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P. Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur||07 Seats||Rs.26,000/- (non-Hosteller) & Rs.32000/- (Hosteller) Approx|
|3.||G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar||20 seats for M.Sc. (Agri.) and 05 seats for M.V.Sc.)||Rs. 42,145/- (Approx) (Including of food advance of Rs. 15,000)|
|4.||Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur||10 seats||Rs.8500/- (Approx)|
|5.||Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur||10 seats||First-semester fee Rs. 16,710/-, Hostel fee including mess advance – Rs. 17,420/-|
|6.||Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra)||13 seats||Rs.22,556/- (approx.)|
|7.||Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar||10 seats||Rs.23,600/- (Approx)|
|8.||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||20 seats||Tuition fee: Rs.30,000/- (approx.) including caution deposit. Hostel fees Rs.11,000/-(approx) including hostel deposit|
|9.||University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore||13 seats||Rs. 32,654/- (For General Category) Rs. 19,945/- for SC/ST Category (with annual Income limit Rs.0 to 2.5 Lakhs) Rs.21,432/- for SC/ST Category ( with annual Income limit Rs. 2.5 Lakhs to 10 lakhs) Rs. 19,000/- (Hostel deposit) for all students (10% enhancement during 2018-19).|
|10.||University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad||13 seats||GM/ others/Cat-I 28,154 /-
SC/ST with an annual income limit
Rs. 0 to 2.5 lakh 8,209/- – – –
|11.||Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa, Samastipur||13 seats||Rs.12665/- for General Category Rs.9915/- for SC/ ST Category|
M.V.Sc. Programme is being offered at
|S.No.||Name of Institute||Number of Seats||Fees|
|1.||Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar.||11 Seats||Rs.45000/- approx. (including hostel charges)|
|2.||G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar||5 Seats||Day scholar -Rs.8,480.00 Hosteller – Rs.13,680.00 (excluding Mess dues)|
|3.||Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati||–||–|
Reservation: 15%, 7½% and 5% of seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person with Disability (PWD) candidates (with not less than 40% disability) respectively.
Exam Paper Pattern
For M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc. Programmes:
The question paper for entrance examination will be of three hours duration and will consist of two parts, PART-A and PART – B.
Part – A will have multiple choice type questions at the level of 10+2 in the subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology).
- The Candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions Total marks for Part A will be (60 questions x1 mark each) of 60 marks.
- There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, ½ (half) mark will be deducted.
PART – B will also have multiple choice questions from the syllabus detailed above in Section IV of this Brochure.
- There will be 100 questions out of which the candidates will have to attempt 60 questions.
- Each correct answer will have a weightage of 3 marks.
- There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
Download JNU CEEB Syllabus 2019-20
- M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc. Programmes PDF Here.
- M.Sc. Biotechnology Programme PDF Here.
- M.Tech. Biotechnology Programme (General Biotechnology, Bioprocess Technology, Food Biotechnology Marine Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, and Computational Biology) PDF Here.
How to Prepare for JNU CEEB 2019-20
Applicants must know some tricks and tips that can help them in their preparation plan. These tips have been given below for all the interested candidates of JNU CEEB 2019. It is also to note that there are some necessary pointers that every appearing applicant must keep in mind.
- Making of Notes
If an applicant is just going through the information, then he/she may not be able to hold it for too long. If he/she try writing down minimum the important points, they will probably be able to remember lessons a lot better.
- Try to Manage your Stress Level
Try speaking/talking to the people you trust and tell them how you are currently feeling. An applicant may try some breathing strategies, as it will relax your body. Just imagine yourself writing the examination. This will help a candidate to stay positive and remove all the negative thoughts related to the examination.
- Get Support
Get support from friends, family as well as teachers/tutors to prepare better for the examination. During the exam preparation time, proper understanding, as well as emotional support, is what an applicant needs. You may speak to your tutors/teachers if you are facing any challenges/problems while preparing for the examinations.
- Sleep Properly
Before attempting/writing the exam, getting adequate/proper sleep is very important. Don’t even think of waking up all night. If an applicant is any facing any difficulty in sleeping off, then you can play/turn on some soothing music.
JNU CEEB Result 2019
JNU CEEB 2019 Result will be declared in the month of March for the entrance exam that will be organised on 27th & 28th December 2018. The result can be checked online on the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
How to check JNU CEEB Result 2019?
JNU CEEB Result 2019 will be published tentatively in the 1st/2nd week of March 2018. The applicants should follow the following below steps to download their results:
- Applicants have to go on official website of JNU i.e., www.jnu.ac.in.
- Click on the link ‘JNU CEEB 2019 Result’.
- Then, a new page will be displayed where applicants can choose whether they want to check the result using the registration number or application number.
- Now, applicants have to enter their registration number, DOB and password and ‘Submit’ tab.
- Then, applicants will be redirected to a new page where their result will be displayed.
- Applicants must download their result and take a copy of the same for further reference.
JNU CEEB Merit List 2019
The merit list for JNU CEEB 2019 will be declared by JNU on its official website. The merit list will be based on the secured marks of the applicants. The following details will be given on the merit list for JNU CEEB 2019:
- Name of the applicant
- Registration No. /Application No.
- Rank of the applicant
- Category wise marks
CEEB Cut off
The first cutoff list is given below.
|MA in Hindi||51||47||42||38||46||NA|
|MA in Economics||77.7||58.6||56.9||65||51||44.2|
|MA in Urdu||77||67||37||54||58||NA|
|MA in Sociology||70.19||57||59||67.5||38||45|
|MA in Geography||46.06||39.08||38.11||38.09||32.6||NA|
|M.Sc in Chemistry||68||62||51||45||NA||NA|
|M.Sc in Environmental Sciences||59||55.75||46.5||41.75||36.5||31.25|
|MA in Development and Labour Studies||55||45||42||46||48||NA|
Download JNU CEEB CUT OFF Here.
JNU CEEB Counselling 2019
The counselling process for JNU CEEB will start after the declaration of the JNU CEEB 2019 Result. JNU CEEB 2019 Counselling Process to Start from the last week of March 2019. The selection will only depend on the basis of the merit list declared by JNU along with the applicant’s preferences/choices.
Documents Required for JNU CEEB Counselling 2019:
- JNU CEEB 2019 Report Card.
- 2 self-attested copies of the 10th certificate as proof of Date of Birth.
- Two copies of the (+2) certificate.
- 2 self-attested copies of the institution last attended.
- Character certificate.
- 2 self-attested certificate of Graduation programme.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate.
- Medical Certificate for PWD Applicants.
- Migration Certificate.
Read more about JNUEE 2019 Here.