JNU CEEB Exam 2021 is now Graduate Aptitude Test (GAT – B) – Biotechnology, is organised by NTA on behalf of JNU. From 2020, RCB (Regional Centre for Biotechnology) is holding the same on behalf of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India CEEB is an Online admission test for Biotechnology courses offered by the university and participating colleges. The admission to MTech Biotechnology, MSc Biotechnology, MSc (Agri) Biotechnology and MVSc are based on their rank in Jawaharlal Nehru Combined Entrance Examination. Candidates may check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates may check the complete article for complete details regarding the JNU CEEB 2021 exam.
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Status
|Exam Notification||Yet to be announced|
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Important Dates
The dates for Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Exam 2021 (JNU CEEB) for admission into Biotechnology programmes is as follows:
|Application form commences||April 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||2nd week of April 2021|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of April 2021|
|JNUEE exam date||2nd week of May 2021|
|Result declaration||4th week of May 2021|
|Viva voce for shortlisted candidate||Month of June 2021|
|Release of merit list (for non viva course)||Month of July 2021|
|Release of merit list (for viva voce course)||Month of July 2021|
|Candidates selected for admission||3rd to 4thweek of August 2021|
|Last date for fee submission||4th week of August 2021|
|Waiting list registration||4th week of August 2021|
|Admission deadline||2nd week of September 2021|
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Application Form
The details regarding the JNU CEB Application form are given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JNU CEEB Exam 2021: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria - Admissions
- JNU CEEB Application form will release in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form through the official website.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form with correct details.
- The uploading documents should be in the prescribed format only.
- Moreover, keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Application Fee
The details regarding the application form fee are given below:
|General Candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST/ PwD Candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Foreign nationals||40 USD|
- Mode of payment: Candidates have to pay the application fee in online mode via:
- Debit Card
- Credit card
- Net banking
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the JU CEEB 2021 eligibility criteria are given below:
|BTech/BE in any of the disciplines under 10+2+3 pattern:|
|Chemical Engineering||Biochemical Engineering|
|Industrial Biotechnology||Leather Technology|
|MSc in any of the disciplines:|
|Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry||Microbiology, Genetics|
|Biophysics||Microbial Genetics & Bioinformatics|
- Nationality: Indian National and Foreign National applicants are eligible to apply.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit to apply for JNU CEEB 2020.
- No. of Attempts: The exam is held only once a year, so the applicant can appear only once per year.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in their final year exam are also eligible to apply.
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Paper Pattern
The details regarding the JNU CEEB Exam pattern are given below:
For M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc. Programmes:
The question paper for entrance examination will be of three hours duration and will consist of two parts, PART-A and PART – B.
Part – A will have multiple choice type questions at the level of 10+2 in the subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology).
- The Candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions Total marks for Part A will be (60 questions x1 mark each) of 60 marks.
- There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, ½ (half) mark will be deducted.
PART – B will also have multiple-choice questions from the syllabus detailed above in Section IV of this Brochure.
- There will be 100 questions out of which the candidates will have to attempt 60 questions.
- Each correct answer will have a weightage of 3 marks.
- There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Syllabus
The details regarding the JNU CEEB Syllabus are given below:
- M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc. Programmes PDF Here.
- M.Sc. Biotechnology Programme PDF Here.
- M.Tech. Biotechnology Programme (General Biotechnology, Bioprocess Technology, Food Biotechnology Marine Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, and Computational Biology) PDF Here.
How to Prepare for JNU CEEB 2021?
Applicants must know some tricks and tips that can help them in their preparation plan. These tips have been given below for all the interested candidates of JNU CEEB 2020. It is also to note that there are some necessary pointers that every appearing applicant must keep in mind.
- Making of Notes
If an applicant is just going through the information, then he/she may not be able to hold it for too long. If he/she try writing down minimum the important points, they will probably be able to remember lessons a lot better.
- Try to Manage your Stress Level
Try speaking/talking to the people you trust and tell them how you are currently feeling. An applicant may try some breathing strategies, as it will relax your body. Just imagine yourself writing the examination. This will help a candidate to stay positive and remove all the negative thoughts related to the examination.
- Get Support
Get support from friends, family as well as teachers/tutors to prepare better for the examination. During the exam preparation time, proper understanding, as well as emotional support, is what an applicant needs. You may speak to your tutors/teachers if you are facing any challenges/problems while preparing for the examinations.
- Sleep Properly
Before attempting/writing the exam, getting adequate/proper sleep is very important. Don’t even think of waking up all night. If an applicant is any facing any difficulty in sleeping off, then you can play/turn on some soothing music.
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Admit Card
The Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) releases GAT-B admit card. The registered candidates can download the JNU CEEB / GAT-B admit card online only as no admit card is sent via post or personal email. Without the admit card entry in the examination hall will not be allowed. It act as an identity proof of the candidate.
Details of the JNU CEEB (GAT-B) 2021 Admit Card
- Name of the candidate
- Roll Number
- Registration Number
- Examination Date
- Examination Time
- Examination Center
- Examination Venue and Address
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Few General instructions
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Result
The details regarding the JNU CEEB 2021 result are given below:
- JNU CEEB 2021 Result will be declared in the month of June 2021.
- The authority will release the result in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the result on the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
- The result will be generated on the basis of performance in the entrance exam.
How to check JNU CEEB Result 2021?
JNU CEEB Result 2021 will be published tentatively in the month of June. The applicants should follow the following steps to download their results:
- Applicants have to go on official website of JNU i.e., www.jnu.ac.in.
- Click on the link ‘JNU CEEB 2021 Result’.
- Then, a new page will be displayed where applicants can choose whether they want to check the result using the registration number or application number.
- Now, applicants have to enter their registration number, DOB and password and ‘Submit’ tab.
- Then, applicants will be redirected to a new page where their result will be displayed.
- Applicants must download their result and take a copy of the same for further reference.
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Merit List
The details regarding the Merit List are given below:
- JNU CEEB merit list in online mode with the result.
- Candidates will be able to download the merit list from the official website.
- The merit list will be based on the secured marks of the applicants.
- The following details will be given on the merit list for JNU CEEB 2021:
- Name of the applicant
- Registration No. /Application No.
- Rank of the applicant
- Category wise marks
JNU CEEB 2021 Cut off
The details regarding the Cutoff details are given below:
|MA in Hindi||51||47||42||38||46||NA|
|MA in Economics||77.7||58.6||56.9||65||51||44.2|
|MA in Urdu||77||67||37||54||58||NA|
|MA in Sociology||70.19||57||59||67.5||38||45|
|MA in Geography||46.06||39.08||38.11||38.09||32.6||NA|
|M.Sc in Chemistry||68||62||51||45||NA||NA|
|M.Sc in Environmental Sciences||59||55.75||46.5||41.75||36.5||31.25|
|MA in Development and Labour Studies||55||45||42||46||48||NA|
Download JNU CEEB CUT OFF Here.
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Counselling
The details regarding the Counselling process are given below:
- The counselling process for JNU CEEB will start after the declaration of the JNU CEEB 2021 Result.
- The selection will only depend on the basis of the merit list declared by JNU along with the applicant’s preferences/choices.
- Through the counselling process, candidates will be allotted seats of their preferred courses on the basis of the result.
- Moreover, the authority will verify the documents and eligibility of the candidate in the counselling process.
Documents Required for JNU CEEB Counselling 2021
The documents required for JNU CEB Counselling are given below:
- JNU CEEB 2020 Report Card.
- 2 self-attested copies of the 10th certificate as proof of Date of Birth.
- Two copies of the (+2) certificate.
- 2 self-attested copies of the institution last attended.
- Character certificate.
- 2 self-attested certificate of the Graduation programme.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate.
- Medical Certificate for PWD Applicants.
- Migration Certificate.
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Participating Universities, Intake & Fees
M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology Programme being offered at the following participating Universities:
|S.No.||Name of Institution||Number of Seats||Fees|
|1.||Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat||08 Seats||Approx Rs.8240.00/- + Rs.5200.00 (Hostel fee including mess advance).|
|2.||Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P. Krishi Vishvavidyalaya, Palampur||07 Seats||Rs.26,000/- (non-Hosteller) & Rs.32000/- (Hosteller) Approx|
|3.||G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar||20 seats for M.Sc. (Agri.) and 05 seats for M.V.Sc.)||Rs. 42,145/- (Approx) (Including of food advance of Rs. 15,000)|
|4.||Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur||10 seats||Rs.8500/- (Approx)|
|5.||Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur||10 seats||First-semester fee Rs. 16,710/-, Hostel fee including mess advance – Rs. 17,420/-|
|6.||Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra)||13 seats||Rs.22,556/- (approx.)|
|7.||Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar||10 seats||Rs.23,600/- (Approx)|
|8.||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||20 seats||Tuition fee: Rs.30,000/- (approx.) including caution deposit. Hostel fees Rs.11,000/-(approx) including hostel deposit|
|9.||University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore||13 seats||Rs. 32,654/- (For General Category) Rs. 19,945/- for SC/ST Category (with annual Income limit Rs.0 to 2.5 Lakhs) Rs.21,432/- for SC/ST Category ( with annual Income limit Rs. 2.5 Lakhs to 10 lakhs) Rs. 19,000/- (Hostel deposit) for all students (10% enhancement during 2018-19).|
|10.||University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad||13 seats||GM/ others/Cat-I 28,154 /-
SC/ST with an annual income limit
Rs. 0 to 2.5 lakh 8,209/- – – –
|11.||Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa, Samastipur||13 seats||Rs.12665/- for General Category Rs.9915/- for SC/ ST Category|
M.V.Sc. Programme is being offered
|S.No.||Name of Institute||Number of Seats||Fees|
|1.||Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar.||11 Seats||Rs.45000/- approx. (including hostel charges)|
|2.||G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar||5 Seats||Day scholar -Rs.8,480.00 Hosteller – Rs.13,680.00 (excluding Mess dues)|
|3.||Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati||–||–|
Reservation: 15%, 7½% and 5% of seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person with Disability (PWD) candidates (with not less than 40% disability) respectively.
JNU CEEB Exam 2021 Highlights
The overview of JNU CEEB 2021 exam is given in the table below:
|Name of the Exam||Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a Year|
|JNU CEEB Official Website||https://www.rcb.res.in/GATB/|
|Purpose of Exam||To offer admission to the following courses M.Sc. Biotechnology, M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology, M. VSC., and M. Tech. Biotechnology|
jnu ceeb 2020 registration, jnu ceeb 2020 official website, jnu ceeb 2020 application form, jnu ceeb stipend, jnu ceeb 2020 form,