This National Education Policy envisions an education system rooted in Indian ethos that contributes directly to transforming India, that is Bharat, sustainably into an equitable and vibrant knowledge society, by providing high-quality education to all, and thereby making India a global knowledge superpower. The Policy envisages that the curriculum and pedagogy of our institutions must develop among the students a deep sense of respect towards the Fundamental Duties and Constitutional values, bonding with one’s country, and a conscious awareness of one’s roles and responsibilities in a changing world. The vision of the Policy is to instill among the learners a deep-rooted pride in being Indian, not only in thought, but also in spirit, intellect, and deeds, as well as to develop knowledge, skills, values, and dispositions that support responsible commitment to human rights, sustainable development and living, and global well-being, thereby reflecting a truly global citizen.
National Education Policy 2020 – Making India a Global Knowledge Superpower
- Early Childhood Care and Education: The Foundation of Learning.
- Foundational Literacy and Numeracy: An Urgent & Necessary Prerequisite to Learning.
- Curtailing Dropout Rates and Ensuring Universal Access to Education at All Levels.
- Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools: Learning Should be Holistic, Integrated, Enjoyable, and Engaging (Restructuring school curriculum and pedagogy in a new 5+3+3+4 design)
- Equitable and Inclusive Education: Learning for All
- Efficient Resourcing and Effective Governance through School Complexes/Clusters
- Standard-setting and Accreditation for School Education
- Quality Universities and Colleges: A New and Forward-looking Vision for India’s
Higher Education System.
- Institutional Restructuring and Consolidation
- Towards a More Holistic and Multidisciplinary Education
- Optimal Learning Environments and Support for Students
- Motivated, Energized, and Capable Faculty
- Equity and Inclusion in Higher Education
- Teacher Education
- Reimagining Vocational Education
- Catalysing Quality Academic Research in All Fields through a new National Research Foundation
- Transforming the Regulatory System of Higher Education
- Effective Governance and Leadership for Higher Education Institutions
- Professional Education
- Adult Education and Lifelong Learning
- Promotion of Indian Languages, Arts, and Culture
- Technology Use and Integration
- Online and Digital Education: Ensuring Equitable Use of Technology
- Creating a Dedicated Unit for Building of World Class, Digital Infrastructure, Educational Digital Content and Capacity
- Strengthening the Central Advisory Board of Education
Download New Education Policy India 2020