Biological Science studies life and living organisms, adaptations and environment and their life cycles. There are various fields of study under the biological sciences which includes biochemistry, microbiology and evolutionary biology. Objectives of the Biological Science course are to prepare for clinical research or pedagogy, basic and moral speculation and logical approach in information introduction. Read the complete article to know more about course in detail.
Popular Course for Biological Science
Check the list of popular courses:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Biological Science Course Details: Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process - Admissions
What is the Eligibility Criteria of Biological Science Course?
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria to apply for the course.
- .Candidates must have passed 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology as the main subjects
- Candidates must a B.Sc degree or equivalent with a minimum of 55%.
- Candidates must have a M.Sc Degree in the relevant field.
Biological Science Course Duration
Check the duration for a different course:
Biological Science Course Syllabus
Syllabus for biological course varies from college to college. Given below are some of the common subjects and topics for all the institutes:
Syllabus For B.Sc
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|4||Molecular and cell biology|
|11||Introduction to Microbiology|
|1||Introduction to protein and enzymes|
|5||Lipid and nitrogen metabolism|
|6||Biochemistry in perspective|
|1||Biochemistry of proteins|
Syllabus For M.Sc
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Biology I (Science of Life)|
|2||Biology Laboratory I|
|3||Biology II (Cellular and Genetic basis of life)|
|4||Biology Laboratory II|
What is the Admission Process of Biological Science Course?
Admission to the Biological Science course is basically based on the candidate’s score at the 10+2 level.
- A Common Entrance Test is also conducted by the ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research).
- A few universities in India also conduct their own entrance test for admission to the course.
- The admission process varies from college to college.
Colleges/Universities offering Biological Science
Given below is the list of universities and colleges offering the courses:
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Osmania University College for Women
- Nizam College, Hyderabad
- Sai Nath University, Ranchi
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- City College, Kolkata
Biological Science Course Job and Career
Successful graduates/postgraduates of the course can find employment opportunities in fields such as Biomedical Science, Concoction, Material Science and Physical Science, and Designing.
Given below are some Jobs which a candidate can pursue:
After the completion of B.Sc in Biological Science:
|Job Title||Job Description|
|Biotech Engineer||Work towards biological science and biotechnologies and is in charge of the outline and scale-up of procedure and gear from the research facility through the pilot plant and assembling process.,|
|Pharmaceutical Personnel||Administrate arranges,builds and records new records by sorting out every day work to approach existing outlets and other exchange elements, and gives chronicled records by keeping records on range and client deals.|
|Biophysicist||Decides the impacts of nourishment, medications, serums, hormones and different substances on tissues and the key procedures of living creatures. Natural Biophysicists and Chemists manage research center groups and observe the nature of their work.|
After the completion of M.Sc in Biological Science
- Crown Research Institutes ( HortResearch, Plant, AgResearch and Food Research)
- Research organizations (Wheat, Dairy, Meat, Forestry, Wool, Leather)
- Wineries, breweries, food and animal feedstuff industries
- Pharmaceutical development and manufacturing
- Secondary and tertiary educational institutions
- Biotechnology companies
- Scientific publishers
- District Health Boards
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Ministry of Business and Enterprise
- Bcs-Insilico Biology
- Indian Society of Cell Biology
Biological Science Course Highlights
Check the overview for the course of biological science from the below-given table:
|Course Level||Graduation, Post Graduation|
|Duration||B.Sc-3 years, full- time/ Distance Learning
M.Sc- 2 years
|Eligibility||For B.Sc-10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology
For M.Sc- B.Sc in the relevant field.
For PhD- M.Sc in relevant field
|Admission Process||On the basis of merit obtained at the 10+2l, entrance tests and interviews in case of some institutes|
|Top Recruiting Companies||AIIMS, Tata Memorial Centre, BCS- In- silico Biology, Indian Society of Cell Biology, Tata Memorial Centre, Indian Society of Cell Biology|
About Biological Science
Biological sciences encompasses all the divisions of natural sciences examining various aspects of important processes. The concept includes cell biology, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology and biophysics, and covers all organisms from animal, microorganisms to plants. It includes conservation, ecology, genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, bio medicine, cell biology, patho-biology and physiology.
Check Popular Courses After 12th Here.