Polymer Engineering concept and its applications can be seen in industries such as Petrochemical, Packaging, Sports, Pharmaceuticals, Perfumes and Preservatives, Plastic Materials etc. This field of Engineering is likely to grow in the upcoming days. The course in polymer engineering deals with materials and the application which ranges from construction, packing, decorative items to automobiles. So applicants with required educational qualifications and other necessary skills can opt for this career. Read the given below article to know more about Polymer Engineering courses eligibility criteria, admission process.
Popular Polymer Courses
Candidates can check the list of courses for Polymer engineering given below:
- B.E. Polymer Science and Chemical Technology
- B.E. Polymer Technology
- B. Tech Polymer Science and Technology
- M.E. Polymer Technology
- M. Tech Polymer Science and Technology
- Ph. D Polymer Science and Technology
Candidates can apply for the above-mentioned courses to get admission in polymer engineering.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Polymer Engineering Course Details: Eligibility Criteria, Admission - Admissions
Colleges/University offering Polymer Engineering
Applicants can check the list of universities and colleges offering polymer engineering in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
- Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kochi
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), Pune
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Delhi College of Engineering, New Delhi
- University College of Engineering, Thodupuzha, Kerala
- VRS and YRN College of Technology, Department of Oil Technology, Chirala, Andhra Pradesh
Polymer Course Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility requirement to get admission in polymer engineering from the below-given table:
Polymer Engineering Course Duration
The candidate can check the Physical Science course time and duration from the below-given table:
Polymer Engineering Course Syllabus
The syllabus of different colleges might differ from each other. But, some subjects remain the same in most of the colleges. Check the brief summary of such subjects mentioned below:
|Polymer Physics||Stress, strain, properties of strain and strain, Burger model, Gough-Joule effect, Boltzmann superposition principle, Power-law,||This paper focuses on imparting awareness and concepts to candidates on polymeric deformation and rheological properties.|
|Polymer Science||Polymer solutions, chemical reactivity of linear, X-ray diffraction and cross-linked polymers, Hildebrand approach||This paper aims at equipping the candidate with the basic knowledge revolving around the structure-property relationship of polymers.|
|Plastics – Science and Technology||Polymerization, monomer preparation, properties and application of LDPE, HDPE, cross-linked and chlorinated PE, PP and PS||The purpose of this paper is to impart the basic knowledge of chemistry aspects of various plastic materials, their synthesis and applications.|
|Polymer Processing||Compounding ingredients, principles of mixing, compound development, Processing techniques, troubleshooting.||The objective of this paper is to acquaint the candidates with various compounding ingredients and mixing equipment.|
|Latex Technology||Fundamental latex characteristics, Brownian motion, principles of latex compounding, latex concentration methods latex foam processing methods||The aim of this paper is to teach the fundamentals of processing and product development of polymer lattices|
|Rubbers – Science and Technology||Various forms of natural rubber, Vulcanization, polymerization, synthesis of monomers, Monomer preparation||This paper provides an insight into the fundamentals on structure, properties, synthetic rubbers and production of natural.|
Job Description for Polymer Engineers
The job profiles offered to polymer engineers by top recruiters are given below in the table:
|Construction||Maintenance Engineer||Needs to take care of the maintenance of construction of undergoing projects.|
|Production||Service Maintenance Engineer||Plans engineering activities and maintains engineering staff. Equipment, reports, Maintains stores, processes.|
|Product Development Executive||Entrusted with developing better ways of production in a more efficient manner.|
|Engineering||Environment Officer||Helps to stay along with the environmental aspect of the project with environmental awareness.|
|Technician||Coordinates with the production team and ensures the smooth flow of the process of the production.|
|Quality Control Executive||A quality control executive is needed for keeping a constant check on quality and providing a quick response to any discrepancies.|
Polymer Engineering Course Application form
The candidates must read all the points given below to apply for the course of Physical Science:
- The applicants can apply through online mode from the websites.
- Applicants must check their eligibility before applying for this course to avoid rejection at the last moment.
- Candidates must fill the application form carefully and correctly otherwise authority will reject the registration form.
- Applicants must have qualified the JEE Main with valid scores to apply for the course in B.Tech.
- Only those candidates will be called for the interview who have successfully completed the registration process.
Polymer Engineering Course Admission Process
For admissions in B. Tech Polymer Engineering, most of the colleges conduct their own tests and based on the scores in the test.
- Such tests are BSAUEEE, TNEA, and KCET etc. However, there are some colleges that take scores of JEE.
- Anna University does not conduct any entrance test but conducts TNEA.
- It is a detailed procedure of counselling where candidates are selected on the basis of their scores in the senior secondary(12th) examination.
For Lateral Entry:
There are few universities which offer a lateral entry in B.Tech Polymer.
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology offers a 3-year program to the candidates who have a diploma in engineering.
Polymer Course Highlight
Check the overview of the polymer engineering from the below-given table:
|Branch Name||Polymer Engineering|
|Popular Course||B.Tech, M.Tech|
|Duration||B.Tech – 4 years
M.tech- 2 years
|Selection Criteria||Based on the merit and institute exams.|
Check More Popular Courses after 12th here.