Physical Education is a great field of study as well as profession. Physical education courses are the interdisciplinary courses which cover the physical knowledge of sports, exercise and activities. Through these courses, Candidates can learn how to care and enhance the body of a person or group of people through training and management skills. The courses give complete knowledge of all body activities and psycho motor activities during different playing and movements. Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the physical education courses.
What is Physical Education?
Physical education is the science that focuses on development of physical fitness and performance in different physical activities and movements. It helps in development of physical skills and confidence. Physical education is the study of building a body fit in all the aspects and also retaining the same. Moreover, other than physical fitness it also focuses on mental fitness, development of character and personality. Also, physical education enhances the development of neuromuscular skills.
Scope of Physical Education
Physical education is becoming popular in India as well as abroad. There are plenty of opportunities in the field of physical education. Due to the high requirement of physical education experts, physical education has been established everywhere. Physical education is now mandatory as a subject in schools and even most of the colleges. After completing the course in this field, Candidates can proceed for higher education or can get a job in the health, fitness and sports industry.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Physical Education Course Details: Courses, Career & Job - Admissions
Physical Education Courses & Duration
The details regarding the courses that comes under the physical education are given below:
Physical Education Courses Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the Eligibility Criteria are given below:
- Candidates must have cleared their class 12 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Candidates must be fit and healthy to be eligible for the courses.
- Also, Candidates must have to clear the PECET (Physical education common entrance test) for the admission in the physical education courses.
- For B.PEd, candidate’s marks must be minimum 45 – 60% in their qualifying examination. Also, candidates must be older than 17 years of age.
Skills Required for Physical Education Courses
The skills required for the courses are given below:
|Physical Fitness||Patience & Concentration||optimistic|
|Hard Working||Good Motor Skills||Knowledge of Nutrition|
|Determination||Must be a Team Player||Adaptability|
|Perseverance||Interpolate skills||Perceptual skills|
|Communication skills||Decision making skills||Time Management|
The details regarding the Admission procedure for physical education courses are given below:
- The Candidates have to fill the application to apply for admission in any course.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their eligibility and class 12 marks.
- Candidates will also be selected on the basis of PECET examination depending on the university.
- The admission depends on the number of vacant seats and candidates performance in their qualifying exam.
Colleges offering Physical education Courses
The top colleges that offer courses in physical education are listed below:
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Annamalai University, Chennai
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- College of Physical Education, Pune
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education & Sports Sciences New Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Lakshmibai National University of Physical Education, Gwalior
- Manipur University, Imphal
- North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
- University of Mysore, Mysuru
- University of Pune, Pune
- University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Allahabad university, Allahabad
Physical Education Career & Jobs
Physical education has various certificate, diploma and degree courses in different aspects of Physical education. Candidates can choose any of the physical education courses after 12th as per their interest. There is a high scope of career in this field due to the huge requirement of the physical education experts.
It is a demanding profession and candidates can easily earn a very good amount of money. Candidates who have interest in fitness and health can choose Physical education as their career. There are various opportunities available in this field such as candidates can become a fitness expert, a physical teacher, gym or fitness trainer, can start your own fitness hub and much more.
The popular jobs in the field of Physical education are listed below:
- Athletic trainer
- Community/ Commercial Recreation
- Cardiovascular Fitness Instructor
- Nutrition Specialist
- Activities Director
- Corporate Fitness instructor
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Physical Therapist
- Personal Trainer
- Social Director
The top recruiter in this field are listed below:
- Health clubs
- Sports club
- Ministry of sports
- Stadium Staff
- Schools and colleges
- Corporate teams
- Health and sports organisation