Ceramics Engineering is the science and technology of creating objects from inorganic, non-metallic materials by performing the action of heat or at lower temperatures using precipitation reactions from high-purity chemical solutions. This course also deals with the purification of raw materials, the study and production of the chemical compounds concerned, their formation into components and the study of their structure, composition and properties.
Courses of Ceramics Engineering
- B. Tech in Ceramic Engineering- this is 4-year programs
- M.Tech in Ceramic Engineering- this is a 2-years program.
- Diploma in Ceramic Engineering
B.Tech in Ceramic Engineering Eligibility Criteria
To apply for this course one must fulfil the following criteria:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
KIIT University Admission 2020
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
Amity Joint Entrance Examination 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
Acharya Institutes, Bangalore Admission 2020
- To pursue BE/B. Tech in Ceramic Engineering, a candidate should have passed XII examination from any recognised board with Chemistry/ Mathematics /Physics as the major subjects, with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
- There is no specific age to apply for this course.
- Based on the score of JEE candidates can take admission in any engineering college offering Ceramic engineering course.
- Admission is based on the institute rules and regulations. Some invite applications on merit-based and some offers direct entry to the course.
M.Tech in Ceramic Engineering Eligibility Criteria
To apply for admission in M.Tech Ceramic Engineering candidates should have passed B.Tech/B.E in Ceramic Engineering with PCM as main subjects from a recognised board/university.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Ceramics Engineering Course Details: Colleges, Admission - Admissions
- GATE score will be considered for admission.
- Institutes may conduct their own entrance exam also.
Diploma in Ceramic Engineering Eligibility Criteria
Students who have passed 10th or 12th standard with Science stream are eligible to apply for admission to the diploma in ceramic engineering.
Colleges in India offering admission into Ceramic Engineering
The colleges which offer admission in ceramic engineering are listed below:
- Indian Institute of Technology(BHU)– B.Tech and Integrated Dual Degree (IDD). Ceramic Engineering Programme is a 5-Year Engineering Degree programme(B.Tech+M.tech). It offers specializations in Glass and Glass Ceramics, Refractories, Electrical and Electronic Ceramics, Cement and Advanced Building Materials and Bio-glass and Ceramics.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay– B.Tech with M.Tech in Ceramics and Composites & M.Tech in Process Engineering
- Andhra University Visakhapatnam– B.Tech in Ceramic Technology only
- National Institute of Technology Rourkela– B.Tech, B.Tech. M.Tech Dual Degree, M.Tech and PhD
- Alagappa College of Technology, Chennai– B.Tech & M.Tech
- Rajasthan Technical University – B.Tech
- Government College of Engineering & Ceramic Technology, Kolkata– B.Tech & M.Tech
- CSIR-Central Class & Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata
- The Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal is formerly known as the West Bengal University of Technology
- University of Calcutta
Job Opportunities for Ceramic Engineers
Ceramic engineers can work in the fields of production industries of hospitals, research laboratories, etc. Some of the jo profiles of ceramic engineers are as follows:
- Ceramic Technologist
- Ceramic Designer
- Production Worker
- Catalysis engineer
See Popular Courses After 12th here.