Civil Engineering is a branch of engineering which introduces the elements of surveying with construction on the applications for the construction procedure. Civil engineering involves designing, planning, development and construction of infrastructures to make the bridges and tunnels, highways, airports and other buildings, schools, hospitals, sewage systems and water treatment facilities. Civil engineering works on the fundamentals of Mathematics, Physica and Chemistry. All the candidates can read the complete article to know more about the courses eligibility criteria, admission procedure etc.
Popular Civil Engineering Course List
The candidates can check the popular course for the civil branch which are given in the list below:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
- B.Tech/ B.E
The candidate has to apply for the listed courses to get the admission for the civil engineering field.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Civil Engineering Course Details: Eligibility Criteria, Admission - Admissions
Colleges/ Universities Offering Civil Engineering Courses
The applicants can check those colleges and universities who offer a course in India which is given in the list below:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Calicut University, Malappuram
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
- Calicut University, Kerala.
- Aliah University, Kolkata
- Rajasthan Technical University, Kota, Rajasthan
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Indira Gandhi National Open University New Delhi
Civil Engineering Course Specification
The candidate can check all the Civil Engineering course specifications which are given in the list below:
- Construction Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Bridge Engineering
- Land Development
- Transportation engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Coastal and Ocean Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Irrigation Engineering
- General Engineering
- Urban Engineering
- Material Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
Civil Engineering Course Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must fulfil all the eligibility criteria to apply for the civil engineering course. The candidates can check all the required eligibility criteria for civil courses which are given in the list below:
- Candidate can apply after 10th and 12th standard.
- The qualification examinations must be completed through the recognised board or institute.
- Must be 12th passed to apply for admission.
- Candidates should be passed with 60% minimum marks in PCM subject.
- Education must be completed through the recognised board/ institute.
- Candidates must be obtained the acceptable rank and score in JEE mains entrance examination.
- Candidate must hold the bachelor’s degree of B.Tech/B.E course or any other equivalent technical examination degree
- Must be Passed with at least 55% at the graduation level
- The candidate graduation must be completed through the recognised college/university
- Applicants must be obtained the acceptable rank and score in the GATE entrance examination
- The candidate must be the holder of Master’s degree of M.tech/M.E courses or any other equivalent qualification degree
- Must be passed with at least 55% at the postgraduation level
- Postgraduation will be completed through the recognised university/college
Civil Engineering Course Duration
The candidate can check here the course time and duration which is given in the table below:
|Diploma (Engg.)||3 Years|
The candidate must check the application form procedure before applying for the course which is described in the list below:
- The candidate must fulfil all the eligibility criteria for admission.
- The colleges and universities can release the online and offline application form for the interested candidate which is completely dependent on the colleagues and universities.
- The application form must be filled completely and properly by the candidate.
- The application form will ask some details like:
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Qualification Details
- The incomplete application form will be rejected or not be accepted by the admission authority.
- The candidate must have some required documents to fill the details in the application form like:
- Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph
- Thumb Impression
- 10th and 12th standard marks sheets
- Diploma Certificate
- Graduation Degree and Marks sheet
- Post Graduation Degree and Marks Sheet
The candidates can check the admission process for the course which is described in the list below:
- The selection of the candidates will be entrance test based and Merit based.
- The candidate marks in required qualification examinations will be considered to make the merit list of the shortlisted candidates.
- The colleges or universities will conduct the entrance examination for the candidate that selection will be based on the marks they obtained in the entrance exam.
- The candidates rank in JEE Mains entrance examination will be considered to select the candidates for the counselling session.
- The selected candidates will be notified for the interview/counselling session and after the candidate have to verify all the original documents at the college/university.
The candidate must have all these documents with them for the verification which are given in the list below:
- Candidate’s Passport size photographs
- ID proof (like Aadhar Card, PAN card etc)
- 10th and 12th marks sheets
- Graduation degree and marks sheets
- Postgraduation degree and marks sheets
- Admit card and Scorecard of JEE mains. GATE or any other competitive entrance examination.
Top Jobs Through Civil Engineering Course
The candidates can check the top jobs through Civil courses which are given in the list below:
- Civil Engineer
- Technical Officer
- Business analyst
- Assistant Executive Engineer
Civil Engineering Course Highlights
|Branch Name||Civil Engineering|
|Popular Courses||Diploma, B.Tech/B.E, M.Tech/M.E, PhD|
|Basic Selection Criteria||Entrance Test Based/Merit Based|
About Civil Engineering Course
Civil Engineering is the oldest branch of engineering. This is a core branch of engineering. Civil engineering use to build the infrastructures of modern buildings, highways, hospitals, Dams, Bridges etc by working on the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and chemistry. The interested candidate must be cleared 12th standard with acceptable marks to apply for the Civil engineering courses.
Check Popular Courses After 12th Here.