Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest and broadest felids of engineering. Mechanical Engineering is known as the core branch of engineering. It deals with the design, construction, quality and uses of machines. Through the ME course, students can get the basic knowledge of working of heavy tools and machinery with their applications. Candidates pursuing a Mechanical engineering course will get the opportunity to learn about designing of various automobiles, electric motors, aircraft and various other heavy machinery.
Mechanical Engineers have knowledge of designing everything such as batteries,machines, equipments, computers, Air conditioners, automobile engines, electric power plants, etc. This is a course for learning how to innovate new things and their mechanics. Candidates may read the article for complete details regarding this course.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Scope of Mechanical Engineering
The scope of this course is huge in India as well as abroad. The demand of this course will never decrease as every industry needs mechanical engineers for their machines, designing, quality work, development, maintenance and much more. The career opportunities are very huge for the students in this course.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Mechanical Engineering Course Details: Scope, Admission - Admissions
Courses and Duration
The ME courses are divided into three categories. The details are given below:
- Diploma Courses: The diploma courses are the polytechnic purses of 03 years duration.
- UG Courses: The UG courses are the B.E/ B.Tech Courses of 04 years duration.
- PG Courses: The PG courses are the M.E/ M.Tech Courses of 02 years duration.
Candidates have to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria to apply for the ME courses. The eligibility criteria is different for UG and PG courses. The details regarding the eligibility criteria for both the courses are given below:
- Diploma Courses: Candidates must have completed their class 10 with passing marks are eligible for the course.
- Undergraduate Courses (UG):
- Candidates must have passed class 12 exam from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have Physics, chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in their class 12.
- Also, they should have scored minimum 60% marks in the compulsory subjects for admission in good colleges.
- Postgraduate Courses (PG):
- Candidates must have completed the B.Tech degree in the same specialization with a minimum passing percentage from a recognized college or University.
Note: The eligibility criteria will be different for different courses and universities.
Mechanical Engineering Popular Courses
There are various popular courses that come under ME. The courses are listed below:
- Diploma in Mechatronics
- Bachelor of Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical & Automation Engineering
- Bachelors of Technology in Mechatronics
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Tool Design
- Doctor of Philosophy in ME
Popular Colleges and Universities Offering Mechanical Engineering
Though every Engineering college provides mechanical engineering.However, the list of top engineering colleges or universities providing the Mechanical engineering courses are mentioned below:
- BIts Pilani
- VIT Vellore
- SIT Pune
- SRM University
- Lovely Professional University
- Chandigarh University
- Reva University
And many more…
Check Popular Course After 12th Here.