Delhi Technological University, formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering (DCE), is one of the Premier Government Universities located in New Delhi. DTU has various Departments such as Humanities, Applied Chemistry, Applied Physics, Delhi School of Management, Civil Engineering, Information Technology etc. It is one of the oldest engineering colleges in India and also Delhi’s first engineering college. For the academic year 2020-21, DTU 2020 will admit the eligible candidates for its Engineering courses (B.Tech ) based on their scores of JEE Main 2020. Applicants can read this article for getting information regarding DTU.
Upcoming Application Form
- SRM University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Latest Update: JEE Main 2020 Application process has been started from 03 September 2019. Click here> Application Form.
Details about the upcoming JEE Main Examination conducted by NTA is here.
DTU 2020 Important Dates: JAC Delhi
Candidates must note that all these months are tentative and the exact dates have been published officially. The dates will be updated here in due course of time.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about DTU 2020: Delhi Joint Admission, JAC Delhi, Application Form
|Start of Online Registration and Choice Filling||29 May 2019|
|Last date to pay the registration-cum-counselling fee (Through net banking/credit/debit card)||19 June 2019|
|Registration and choice filling ends||20 June 2019|
|Document Verification for defence (all institutes) and IIIT D bonus marks||19 – 21 June 2019|
|Seat allotment result||23 June 2019|
|Seat Allotment – Round 1||27 June 2019 after 5 PM|
|Document verification||24-28 June 2019|
|Seat Allotment – Round 2||05 July 2019|
|Document verification||08-10 July 2019|
|Seat Allotment – Round 3||13 July 2019|
|Document verification||15 July 2019|
|Seat Allotment – Round 4||18 July 2019|
|Document verification||20 July 2019|
|Deadline for Withdrawal of Admission||22 July 2019|
|Spot Round||23 to 26 July 2019|
DTU 2020 Application Form (JAC Delhi 2020)
- DTU will not conduct any entrance examination for its DTU admission 2020 process as from 2020 selection will be based on JEE Main score and rank only.
- Applicants can apply for DTU Admission 2020 only after qualifying JEE Mains 2020.
- Application forms will be issued online only (no offline mode is available) and the students must fill up their DTU form 2020 for B.Tech admissions from the official web portal of Delhi Technological University.
Estimated time required to complete the registration process: 15 mins
- Before beginning to register, the candidate must be ready with all the necessary documents required for registration which includes candidate’s personal information, his/her qualification details, his/her last school details, a scanned photograph and signature.
- All DTU 2020 admissions will be based solely on the merit-based on JEE Main scores. Delhi Technological University will invite applications for various courses like B.Tech (NRI/ FN/ PIO), B.Tech (Evening / LE), etc.
Conducting Institute: Delhi Technological University (DTU)
Application Fee of JAC 2020
The application-cum-counselling fees for aspiring candidates are Rs. 1500/-. All the aspirants seeking for admission into Engineering/Architecture programs of DTU, IGDTUW, IIT-D & NSUT can apply at the official website.
Modes of Payment:
Application fee payment can be done in two ways which are:
- Payment via HDFC bank challan obtainable from the official website of DTU.
- Credit/debit card/net banking via HDFC Payment gateway service.
*The candidate also has to pay transaction charges along with the application fee.
Required documents for DTU 2020 registration:
- Class 10 Marksheet
- Class 12 Mark sheet–(those who have passed the exam already)
- Category Certificate (OBC/SC/ST)
- Applicant’s valid Email ID
- Candidate’s Valid Mobile no.
- Applicant’s Passport Size Photograph (.JPEG)
- Thumb Impression and Applicant’s Signature
DTU Eligibility Criteria 2020
Eligibility criteria for DTU 2020 for different courses are as follows:
|Qualifying examination||10+2 with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry from a recognised school located within NCT (National Capital Territory) of Delhi only.|
|The required pass percentage||Minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry passing each subject separately.
Passing in English as a core or elective subject.
|JEE Main 2020 qualification||Minimum 60% marks|
|Age limit||The candidate should be of age between 17 to 25 years during admission.|
There is a provision of reservation for aspirants belonging to different Categories/Quota:
|SC (Schedule Caste)||15%|
|ST (Schedule Tribe)||7.5%|
|OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities(PwD)||5%|
|Single Girl Child||One seat in each Branch|
|Central/State Board Topper||One seat in each Branch|
How to fill the JAC Delhi 2020 Application form?
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to fill the application form of JAC Delhi 2020:
- Candidate must pay registration-cum-counselling-fee.
- Secondly, the candidate must register Online.
- Next, the aspirant needs to login to his account.
- The candidate will have to then fill in his choices.
- The choices need to be locked and then printed.
- The seat allotment will then be done.
- Finally, the payment of admission fee will need to be done.
- Admission to Delhi Technological University for B.Tech streams for the academic session 2019-20 will be done through counselling based on JEE Main 2020 scores.
- Candidates shortlisted through the screening process will be invited to attend online counselling.
What is the admission process for DTU Exam 2020?
The admission process of DTU 2020 Application will be of two steps which are:
- Submission of counselling fee.
- Fill up the college name where the candidate wishes to take admission.
After these two steps, seat allotment will be done according to the marks obtained in JEE Mains 2020. On completion of the seat allotment process, candidates need to submit the required fee and report to their respective college/university for document verification and confirmation of their admission in that college/university.
What are the Important documents to be brought during the admission process:
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Migration certificate
- Caste certificate if applicable
- Transfer certificate
- Identity proof
- Character certificate
- Recent passport size photographs
- Class 10 certificate stating the date of birth
- Domicile certificate
- Certificate of medical fitness
- School leaving certificate
- Authority letter
- Required admission and hostel fees
What are the Courses available in DTU Entrance Exam 2020?
- Delhi Technological University provides admission for all the regular B.Tech courses.
- Other than that from 2020 Delhi Technological University has invited applications for various courses like B.Tech (NRI/ FN/ PIO), B.Tech (Evening / LE), etc.
- Among all the above courses, the most important and new addition is the beginning of admissions for the four-year B.Tech evening degree programme 2019 by Delhi Technology University (DTU).
- The DTU B.Tech evening degree programme will include Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering for the academic year 2019-18.
Availability of seats in DTU B.Tech Programme
Students can check the distribution of seat course wise from the table given below:
|S. No||Department Name||Total Number of Seats|
|5.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||87|
|6.||Electronics & Communications Engineering||176|
|7.||Engineering Physics with majors in Electronics||64|
|9.||Information Technology Engineering||96|
|11.||Mechanical & Automotive Engineering||88|
|12.||Mathematics & Computing Engineering||90|
|13.||Polymer Science & Chemical Technology Engineering||44|
|14.||Production & Industrial Engineering||41|
|16.||Department of Design||60|
Scholarship for B.Tech Students
Candidates pursuing Engineering will get a scholarship of Rs 60,000/- per annum. The scholarship is given only to the students who have scored more than 8 SGPA and their parent’s income is less than 5 Lakh per annum.
Delhi Technological University
Shahbad Daulatpur, Main Bawana Road,
New Delhi 110042
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on DTU 2020.”
For More Delhi University Admission Visit our General Admission Portal.
dtu admission criteria, dtu placements, dtu admission criteria, dtu admission 2018, dtu recruitment 2019, dtu fee structure, dtu cut off.